Author Topic: The epistemology of leftist Jews in a nutshell  (Read 939 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
The epistemology of leftist Jews in a nutshell
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:56:48 AM »
What makes some Jews crazy, I mean really crazy?  Golda Meir once made the most obscene statement that I've ever heard a Jew make, and that's saying something.  "I can forgive the Egyptians for killing our children, but I will never forgive them for making us kill theirs."  What is implied in such a statement?  It can first be interpretted that Meir felt that Egyptian lives were more valuable than Jewish lives.  I doubt that she believed that.  Or it could mean that the greatest crime of the Eygyptians was not the killing of Jews but forcing Israel to "sink to their level."  I think that this is what she meant by that statement; that Jews should not lower themselves and fight the arabs just because the arabs fight with the Jews.  She obviously felt that forcing Israel to defend herself was beneath her dignity.  How much dignity does it take to be stepped upon?  More Jews have died needlessly over the last 60 years because Jewish leaders did not want to sink to the level of the arabs than for any other reason.  I suppose those Jewish leaders feel that if Israel does not act according to some notion of a higher standard, they will be hated by the rest of the world.

Of course, this is not the case.  As Chaim has pointed out many times, Israel is far more popular when it fights when necessary and does not shy away from showing its strength.  When Israel tries to be loved by the rest of the world, which it does by "showing restraint" (in other words cowardice), Israel suffers the contempt of the world.  Only Jewish strength and Jewish victories can make Israel become respected.  This bizarre notion of "not wanting to sink to their level" could eventually destroy the Jewish state, G-d forbid.  This attitude represents to me the ultimate arrogance.  I would like to ask the criminal leaders whether they feel that the deaths of the citizens they are supposed to protect makes them better people.  Where is it a mitzvah to die?  Rabbi Kahane (of blessed memory) used to ask this question rhetorically.  Dying is not a mitzvah, we are commanded to live! 

I am writing this because they knife is at our throats like never before.  American Jews did nothing for the Jews who were being murdered in Hitler's (ym"sh) ovens.  That holocaust took twelve years to happen, with the majority of the killing taking place during the war.  What Hitler did in twelve years, Ahmedinejad (ym"sh) could do instantly (G-d forbid) if we let him.  So American Jews did nothing to save Jews during the holocaust, mostly because they were afraid of compromising their own relative comfort in America.  Now we must demand from American Jews that they do not allow another holocaust to take place G-d forbid.

We at JTF know all of this, but it is the leftist Jews who do not.  We must insist that they examine their deepest biases against their own people.  We must start conversations, write to our congressmen, write to editors, talk to our Rabbis, reach out to our Christian friends, make more videos, distribute flyers, get the word out.  Today, more than ever before, as I look at Jews, I see a people that are ethically disoriented. 

I think we should start with our own families.  I have leftist Jews in my family and I'm sure I'm not the only one here on this forum that does.  I've first been trying to convince members of my family about the dangers of letting Iran continue on its murderous path.

As for all those Jews who feel a toxic combination of arrogance and inferiority, to those Jews who do not want to "sink to their level", I suggest that if you really want to show how you are better than the arabs, try leading by example.  Observe the Torah, deal honestly with people, be proud of being Jewish, and then perhaps you will realize at some point that the Jews are a people worth fighting for.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Re: The epistemology of leftist Jews in a nutshell
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:28 AM »
What makes some Jews crazy, I mean really crazy?  Golda Meir once made the most obscene statement that I've ever heard a Jew make, and that's saying something.  "I can forgive the Egyptians for killing our children, but I will never forgive them for making us kill theirs."  What is implied in such a statement?  It can first be interpretted that Meir felt that Egyptian lives were more valuable than Jewish lives.  I doubt that she believed that.  Or it could mean that the greatest crime of the Eygyptians was not the killing of Jews but forcing Israel to "sink to their level."  I think that this is what she meant by that statement; that Jews should not lower themselves and fight the arabs just because the arabs fight with the Jews.  She obviously felt that forcing Israel to defend herself was beneath her dignity.  How much dignity does it take to be stepped upon?  More Jews have died needlessly over the last 60 years because Jewish leaders did not want to sink to the level of the arabs than for any other reason.  I suppose those Jewish leaders feel that if Israel does not act according to some notion of a higher standard, they will be hated by the rest of the world.

Of course, this is not the case.  As Chaim has pointed out many times, Israel is far more popular when it fights when necessary and does not shy away from showing its strength.  When Israel tries to be loved by the rest of the world, which it does by "showing restraint" (in other words cowardice), Israel suffers the contempt of the world.  Only Jewish strength and Jewish victories can make Israel become respected.  This bizarre notion of "not wanting to sink to their level" could eventually destroy the Jewish state, G-d forbid.  This attitude represents to me the ultimate arrogance.  I would like to ask the criminal leaders whether they feel that the deaths of the citizens they are supposed to protect makes them better people.  Where is it a mitzvah to die?  Rabbi Kahane (of blessed memory) used to ask this question rhetorically.  Dying is not a mitzvah, we are commanded to live! 

I am writing this because they knife is at our throats like never before.  American Jews did nothing for the Jews who were being murdered in Hitler's (ym"sh) ovens.  That holocaust took twelve years to happen, with the majority of the killing taking place during the war.  What Hitler did in twelve years, Ahmedinejad (ym"sh) could do instantly (G-d forbid) if we let him.  So American Jews did nothing to save Jews during the holocaust, mostly because they were afraid of compromising their own relative comfort in America.  Now we must demand from American Jews that they do not allow another holocaust to take place G-d forbid.

We at JTF know all of this, but it is the leftist Jews who do not.  We must insist that they examine their deepest biases against their own people.  We must start conversations, write to our congressmen, write to editors, talk to our Rabbis, reach out to our Christian friends, make more videos, distribute flyers, get the word out.  Today, more than ever before, as I look at Jews, I see a people that are ethically disoriented. 

I think we should start with our own families.  I have leftist Jews in my family and I'm sure I'm not the only one here on this forum that does.  I've first been trying to convince members of my family about the dangers of letting Iran continue on its murderous path.

As for all those Jews who feel a toxic combination of arrogance and inferiority, to those Jews who do not want to "sink to their level", I suggest that if you really want to show how you are better than the arabs, try leading by example.  Observe the Torah, deal honestly with people, be proud of being Jewish, and then perhaps you will realize at some point that the Jews are a people worth fighting for.

Shalom Zachor, I also have a leftist ( sister in law ) in my family. You cannot reason with them.
About the Muslims, I say Nuke them and let Allah sort them out. The world will have some peace for a change.

Shalom from Dox

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »

Shalom Zachor, I also have a leftist ( sister in law ) in my family. You cannot reason with them.
About the Muslims, I say Nuke them and let Allah sort them out. The world will have some peace for a change.

Shalom from Dox

I think if we have any hope of winning, it will be through reasoning with others.  Who are we most likely to convince if not our own families?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »
Yes, that quote is the most sickening and self-hating "Jewish" quote of all time.   I actually heard it brought up once in a Dvar Torah at a Shabbos table and I wanted to throw up....   

Warfare against enemy nations is certainly not antithetical to Judaism.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »

Shalom from Dox

I think if we have any hope of winning, it will be through reasoning with others.  Who are we most likely to convince if not our own families?

Shalom Zachor, my sister in law has been in my family for 19 years now and no one will attempt to argue with her about anything. She will actually start screaming if anyone dares to argue with her. For example one Thanksgiving...my cousin and I discussed the possibility of Muslims getting nuked, my sister in law started screaming at the top of her lungs " Islam is a religion of peace " ...." The Muslims are the most peaceful People on earth ".  Zachor, I have learned from experience that some people cannot be reasoned with. You mentioned reasoning with others....The whole idea of Islam is government and complete control, no muslims alive are allowed to question anything that Islam does, let alone listen to infidels. Their ( reasoning abilities ) have been stripped out of their minds through brainwashing. This goes for the Radical left as well.
Zachor, I doubt if anyone here on the forum likes war, myself included. When our enemies declare war, we need to kill them. Savages are allergic to reasoning.

Shalom from Dox     :)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 04:45:20 PM »

Shalom from Dox

Shalom Zachor, my sister in law has been in my family for 19 years now and no one will attempt to argue with her about anything. She will actually start screaming if anyone dares to argue with her. For example one Thanksgiving...my cousin and I discussed the possibility of Muslims getting nuked, my sister in law started screaming at the top of her lungs " Islam is a religion of peace " ...." The Muslims are the most peaceful People on earth ".  Zachor, I have learned from experience that some people cannot be reasoned with. You mentioned reasoning with others....The whole idea of Islam is government and complete control, no muslims alive are allowed to question anything that Islam does, let alone listen to infidels. Their ( reasoning abilities ) have been stripped out of their minds through brainwashing. This goes for the Radical left as well.
Zachor, I doubt if anyone here on the forum likes war, myself included. When our enemies declare war, we need to kill them. Savages are allergic to reasoning.

I don't know what to tell you Dox, except to encourage you to try.  I know from experience that you cannot get through to some people, and it pains me greatly to see otherwise moral, decent people refuse to listen to reason.  Of course there are no guarantees.  G-d told Ezekiel that the Jewish people would not listen to him, but that he should speak unto them anyway.  That is what we must do also.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »

Shalom from Dox

I don't know what to tell you Dox, except to encourage you to try.  I know from experience that you cannot get through to some people, and it pains me greatly to see otherwise moral, decent people refuse to listen to reason.  Of course there are no guarantees.  G-d told Ezekiel that the Jewish people would not listen to him, but that he should speak unto them anyway.  That is what we must do also.

Shalom Zachor, I hope you are having a nice day. I do see your point and I agree to it to a point. We should always try reasoning first, this is the human and decent thing to do, but if some people cannot be reasoned with, enemies especially then you have to draw the line. For example, I am convinced that Muslims cannot be reasoned with or trusted at all. If Muslims had any ( sense ) in their brains they would have left Islam long ago.
I admire your kindness and positive attitude, this is a good trait in a person.
You said we have to try and reason with people for peace, I agree but only to a point.

Shalom from Dox