Author Topic: Iranians rediscovering their giant faith, zoroastrianism  (Read 3308 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Iranians rediscovering their giant faith, zoroastrianism
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
That's an interesting issue. I stumbled upon it I when found the letter Umar ibn al Khattab wrote to Yazdgird III when muslim armies conquered Persia. In his reply Yazdgird states that they (Persians/Zoroastrians) consider themselves as Aryans. That happened in the 7th century, so possibly Adolf Hitler took this term and twisted it. I don't know enough about Zoroastrianism to judge if the ancient term Aryan was applied in order to express some kind of supremacy. According to the clip one major zoroastrian slogan was "Good Thoughts, good words, good deeds" which sounds quite reasonable, especially since Yazdgird opposes muslim savagery.
If anyone got reliable sources about Zoroastrian teachings or their history go ahead.     

My sources:

http://www.bozorgbazgasht.com/yazdgird.html

I would recommend no Torah Jew look at any other dieties. It is against the Torah commandments.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14