Author Topic: Divide and conquer  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
Divide and conquer
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »

I just realized one real problem I have with this whoel upcomming election.....I am tempted top vote against MCCain for no other reason than the health care issue.  Health care in the US is insanely overpriced, and it;s a disfunctional system that shoudl be changed to be more functional and a lot more like the Canadian system.....theis issue alone, is enough that I would support any candidate (short of Hitlery) who runs on a platform that would fix that problem.....Unfortunately our health care system is not a free market system, it is a monoppoly, the true solution is to outlaw the AMA which limits the number of students able to enroll in accredited medical schools thereby limiting the supply of physicians, thereby monopolizing the market.  THe American Dental Association has to go also, it's the same thing they limit the number of studenst who can become dentists, and   as a result the students must pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars of education expenses....For example, I live in Costa Rica, I can get a top quality filling in a tooth, and a cleaning for about $75, the same thing would costs me last time I checked a few years ago, $450 minimum in my home state in the US....??!!.  THe difference is here anyone who is qualified can study to become a dentist, and the eduction is very inexpensive, so that when they become professionals, they pretty much only have to pay for the office equipment, secretary, and themselves, no insane $15,000 a month malpractice insurance, and no $250,000 student loan etc. ect.

Anyway I think that's where McCain drops the ball...It;s not about socialized medicine, medicine in the US is currently socialized, albeit in favor of the current practitioners, universities, insurance companies, and thier respective professional associations.

I just had to go off on that subject because it's wrong that people in the US get worse medical care than in most industrialized nations, and yet pay, much, much more....we are all just one major illness away from bankruptcy, insured, or not, affluent or not, that's a huge problem IMO.

What do you all think?

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: Divide and conquer
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
Your coing to vote against McCain?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
If I understood you correctly, you are free amrket in the health sector. I agree. But this you will never find in the Democratic Party.  :-\
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Kamira

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
If Clinton had 16 years+ to think about it and do it, I highly doubt Mr. No-experience-Obama is going to.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »
I just dont understand this logic.  You're willing to put an America hater in office who will enable Iran to destroy Israel and parts of the US because you prefer Obama's flip-flopping stance on Health Care?

Do you really think Obama will make your health care plan better?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »
If I understood you correctly, you are free amrket in the health sector. I agree. But this you will never find in the Democratic Party.  :-\

Perfect analysis!