Author Topic: more mind numbing news from Israel  (Read 1995 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
more mind numbing news from Israel
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »
Israeli leaders are preparing to commit suicide, which would be fine with me, except they want to take all of the Jews with them.  I read this short article in JTA.  There is no way that the Israeli leaders are this stupid.  They must have a reason for this.  Please read below.

http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/110239.html

Israel allows arms to reach P.A. forces
 E-mail article 
 Share on Facebook
 Digg this
 Tell the Editors 
 What bloggers
are saying 

Published: 09/05/2008

Israel allowed an arms shipment to be transferred to the Palestinian Authority.

About 1,000 Kalashnikov rifles and tens of thousands of bullets reached Palestinian security forces via Jordan a week ago, an Israeli security official said Friday, according to The Associated Press.

The shipment of arms, meant to bolster P.A. President Mahmoud Abbas’ more moderate Palestinian forces against extremist elements including Hamas, was agreed upon in an Aug. 31 meeting between Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, the report said.

This is not the first time Israel has allowed arms shipments to reach Abbas’ forces. However, the arms transfers remain sensitive because Israeli-orchestrated arms deliveries to Palestinian forces in the past have been used against Israeli soldiers – most notably, in the 1990s.

[endquote]

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: more mind numbing news from Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
JUST WHAT I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I GO TO ISRAEL ON SUNDAY NIGHT!!!!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
WOW MIND NUMBING :D

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »
kill kill kill that is all the Muzzies understand
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Why do Jews have such a death wish?  ???

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »

Because most of Israel doesn't believe in God.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »
But geez... don't they not want to be killed?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
But geez... don't they not want to be killed?

They are in complete denial of the bible and think that somehow they can make peace with the Arabs when we know that's impossible.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
The arms will go right into the hands off hamas. They just allowed the killing of more Jews by allowing that transaction. What a shame.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »

I don't think that they really wish to die, but they have this nauseatingly pathetic obsession with being liked.  I see it this way:  Israel should do what it has to do (throw out the arabs, bomb iran, stop accepting foreign aid, embrace a free market, have some mandatory Jewish education in the curriculum)--basically, just act in the best interest of their people.  What will the gentiles say?  If they're decent gentiles they will understand, and if they don't who cares what they say?

I don't want to be liked by the arabs.  I want them to fear me and my people.  Because the day that they truly fear us is the day they will run out of Israel and then we will truly have peace.  Trying to be nice, to appeal to their sense of decency will get us nowhere, which is currently where we are.  What do you do with an arab who murders a Jew in Israel?  Certainly not release him just to show the other arabs how nice you are.  Can anyone with any sense at all really believe that the arabs will love us if we let them get away with killing our people?  What you do with an arab who murders a jew is execute him publicly and immediately.

Most importantly, you do not make it easier for arabs to kill Jews.  You do not allow weapons shipments to reach them.  Any weapon they get they will use against Jews.  I CAN'T BELIEVE that anybody could be so stupid as to not see this basic fact, and that this basic idea has to even be articulated!

So, no C.F., I don't believe that Jews actually have a desire to die.  I think that it means more to the current Jewish leaders to look good in the eyes of the world (an impossibility by the way) than to protect the lives of their citizens.  This makes them traitors.  Keep in mind though, that there is a world of difference between the traitor leaders of Israel and the average person. 

In a sense, it is a tragic shame that Israelis will come to understand that our movement is the right movement only after more and more unnecessary tragedies.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
I read that terrorists are training in Gush Katif now  :'(

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »
Israeli leaders are preparing to commit suicide, which would be fine with me, except they want to take all of the Jews with them.  I read this short article in JTA.  There is no way that the Israeli leaders are this stupid.  They must have a reason for this.  Please read below.

http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/110239.html

I totally agree, news from israel is mind numbing.. The news is not new.

The Commentary is even worse, it's forever being recycled. It just gets spat out week after a week , reading it is like swallowing one's own vomit.

You seem to have picked the least mind numbing, of the mind numbing "news"

(which sadly tells the story that you waded through the garbage to find it)

the article was that israel let 1000 kalashnikovs go to the PA.. and they've done it before and in the past they've been used against israeli soldiers.

Well, I know their reason..

I read in Hamodia(I perused it a bit over shabbat), that Olmert has seen the problem that if israel doesn't allow the palestinians to vote then israel would be compared to aparteid south africa and the nations would force israel to let them vote. So Olmert sees the solution as a palestinian state.

So that's why he has allowed the the PA to have weapons  (of course, in the past they actually gave them weapons , I don't know if that is the case here).  He wants the PA to control hamas so that a "moderate" or least extreme, palestinian state can be set up.

Rabbi Kahane used to say that if you give away land with many arabs, then you only postpone the problem. Since the arabs have such a high birthrate.
That was the case then.. in 1990, up to even after 200x.  But when under Sharon, Netanyahu was made finance minister,  Netanyahu cut child welfare. So now charedim didn't get cheques per child, but neither did arabs.
Arab birthrate dropped. Charedi birthrate stayed high, hardly dropping.
Now people worry less about arabs beating israel with babies.
Rabbi Kahane of course suggested cutting this nonsense of giving arabs a cheque for each baby -long ago- ! e.g. a book of cheques collected at the post office. Now only around 15 years later has something been done, though they hit at everybody with it(charedim affected too - financially).

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 02:10:47 AM »

I don't think that they really wish to die, but they have this nauseatingly pathetic obsession with being liked.  I see it this way:  Israel should do what it has to do (throw out the arabs, bomb iran, stop accepting foreign aid, embrace a free market, have some mandatory Jewish education in the curriculum)--basically, just act in the best interest of their people.  What will the gentiles say?  If they're decent gentiles they will understand, and if they don't who cares what they say?

I don't want to be liked by the arabs.  I want them to fear me and my people.  Because the day that they truly fear us is the day they will run out of Israel and then we will truly have peace.  Trying to be nice, to appeal to their sense of decency will get us nowhere, which is currently where we are.  What do you do with an arab who murders a Jew in Israel?  Certainly not release him just to show the other arabs how nice you are.  Can anyone with any sense at all really believe that the arabs will love us if we let them get away with killing our people?  What you do with an arab who murders a jew is execute him publicly and immediately.

Most importantly, you do not make it easier for arabs to kill Jews.  You do not allow weapons shipments to reach them.  Any weapon they get they will use against Jews.  I CAN'T BELIEVE that anybody could be so stupid as to not see this basic fact, and that this basic idea has to even be articulated!

So, no C.F., I don't believe that Jews actually have a desire to die.  I think that it means more to the current Jewish leaders to look good in the eyes of the world (an impossibility by the way) than to protect the lives of their citizens.  This makes them traitors.  Keep in mind though, that there is a world of difference between the traitor leaders of Israel and the average person. 

In a sense, it is a tragic shame that Israelis will come to understand that our movement is the right movement only after more and more unnecessary tragedies.

Too bad those same Jews that want to arm Hamas and the PA don't think that normal citizens should have firearms, it's a pretty [censored] up mentality if you ask me.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »

Too bad those same Jews that want to arm Hamas and the PA don't think that normal citizens should have firearms, it's a pretty deleted up mentality if you ask me.

That's a terrific juxtaposition!  How about that?  The Israeli government prefers to allow the arabs to have weapons instead of the Jews!  It kind of makes me feel like I'm about to have a stroke.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
Shalom,

Please let us not turn this into self flaggelation. I too am so embarassed by the idiocy of the leaders of Israel. There is a purpose for this, and it is so sad that so many of our brothers and sisters are going to die because of the lunacy of the few in power. It is completely wrong what they are doing and there will be lives lost because of this. It is one reason I would not encourage anyone, Jews especially, to move to Israel at this time. After the massacre of the Jews in Israel when we fight back, then it is time. I forsee a large scale attack on Israel and muted response from the Israeli leadership. The arabs have more powerful missiles than those which are being used today. They are waiting for the most opportune time, and it seems that would be when Obama {Hashem Forbid!} takes power. The world stage will be upset just enough that they will think they can get away with it.

I am not one who lightly tells Jews not to make Aliyah. It truly turns my stomach and makes my eyes fall when I read about how lame the leaders of Israel are. It is like they are the kid who has "Kick me" on the back of his shirt and cant figure out why everyone is kicking him. But I cannot seriously consider putting my family in harms way when I fear that sophisticated missiles will be landing in Israeli cities very soon. It already is a gamble living in some of the cities which I would consider settling in. Tzfat is one of my goals and it is currently under the threat of Qussams right now.

Tzfat being hit by missiles :

It is sad that we are so low today. Hashem will help us when we realize the error of our ways. Our arrogant leaders in Israel will never release their death grip on the reins of power. History will show how wicked and evil these so-called leaders are. The people of Israel are being led astray from the plan which Hashem has for the world. And the crooked net of money has distorted the ability for the leaders to know right from wrong.

Our last Shabbat portion contained the admonition to appoint officers at the gates of the city. It also contained the rules that judges must be able to remove themselves from the influence of bribery and the appearance of conflict of interest. If only the people of Israel read our Holy Torah and took it to heart. Imagine all the problems which would become solved. I can see a world where our enemies are banished from the world, never to bother us again. If we listened to Hashem and just rid the world of the wicked and drooling arab hordes. They have set themselves as our enemies, attacking our weak and our tired. We have not sought our enemy, they have pursued us.

If I had the power to change the picture I would. My prayers daily beseech the Alm-ghty for the strength and the wisdom to deal with the barbarian enemy which chastises us. Pure anger is not the answer, a combination of anger and intellect is required. Because we are composed of two aspects, the physical and the divine, we must master the ability of war, and the ability of reason. This weeks portion also discussed the mitzvah of not destroying a fruit tree in the war. We learn what the meaning of this fruit tree is. A fruit tree is a man, with roots , a trunk, and with branches and leaves. The culmination of the tree is the fruit, which is able to pass on the tree for another generation. We must not destroy the fruit tree in the war.

muman613
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:16:29 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »
Shalom,

Please let us not turn this into self flaggelation. I too am so embarassed by the idiocy of the leaders of Israel. There is a purpose for this, and it is so sad that so many of our brothers and sisters are going to die because of the lunacy of the few in power. It is completely wrong what they are doing and there will be lives lost because of this. It is one reason I would not encourage anyone, Jews especially, to move to Israel at this time. After the massacre of the Jews in Israel when we fight back, then it is time. I forsee a large scale attack on Israel and muted response from the Israeli leadership. The arabs have more powerful missiles than those which are being used today. They are waiting for the most opportune time, and it seems that would be when Obama {Hashem Forbid!} takes power. The world stage will be upset just enough that they will think they can get away with it.

I am not one who lightly tells Jews not to make Aliyah. It truly turns my stomach and makes my eyes fall when I read about how lame the leaders of Israel are. It is like they are the kid who has "Kick me" on the back of his shirt and cant figure out why everyone is kicking him. But I cannot seriously consider putting my family in harms way when I fear that sophisticated missiles will be landing in Israeli cities very soon. It already is a gamble living in some of the cities which I would consider settling in. Tzfat is one of my goals and it is currently under the threat of Qussams right now.

Tzfat being hit by missiles :

It is sad that we are so low today. Hashem will help us when we realize the error of our ways. Our arrogant leaders in Israel will never release their death grip on the reins of power. History will show how wicked and evil these so-called leaders are. The people of Israel are being led astray from the plan which Hashem has for the world. And the crooked net of money has distorted the ability for the leaders to know right from wrong.

Our last Shabbat portion contained the admonition to appoint officers at the gates of the city. It also contained the rules that judges must be able to remove themselves from the influence of bribery and the appearance of conflict of interest. If only the people of Israel read our Holy Torah and took it to heart. Imagine all the problems which would become solved. I can see a world where our enemies are banished from the world, never to bother us again. If we listened to Hashem and just rid the world of the wicked and drooling arab hordes. They have set themselves as our enemies, attacking our weak and our tired. We have not sought our enemy, they have pursued us.

If I had the power to change the picture I would. My prayers daily beseech the Alm-ghty for the strength and the wisdom to deal with the barbarian enemy which chastises us. Pure anger is not the answer, a combination of anger and intellect is required. Because we are composed of two aspects, the physical and the divine, we must master the ability of war, and the ability of reason. This weeks portion also discussed the mitzvah of not destroying a fruit tree in the war. We learn what the meaning of this fruit tree is. A fruit tree is a man, with roots , a trunk, and with branches and leaves. The culmination of the tree is the fruit, which is able to pass on the tree for another generation. We must not destroy the fruit tree in the war.

muman613

Aren't we entitled to feel some indignation and even some hatred of those people who are leading our land and our brothers and sisters to disaster?  There is nothing unintellectual about it.  I do not wish to destroy the leaders of Israel, I wish to depose them, and put in their place a government for whom JEWISH interests will come first.  The most basic interest of the Jewish people is to survive.  This is certainly jeopardized when the arabs are given territory and amunition.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »
Zachor,

Certainly... I never intended to say otherwise. We must do what we can to change things for the best. If you think something we can do will change the situation, then let us try it. I am all for taking pro-active measures and not waiting for the inevitable. I have been trying for years to influence public opinion.

Unfortunately there is a big momentum of Israelis losing their faith and believing that they can share the land with the arabs. I have a couple secular Israeli friends and it really bothers me. I have had to say "I told you so" so many times to them. Some are beginning to realize the inevitable, that there is no friendly arab in Israel. But the leaders are not going to hear this.

My point was simply let us not become so sickened by the news that we lose our faith. Many times I wake up in the morning and check the news on Aretz Sheva { www.israelnationalnews.com } and get very despondent and depressed to read that the arabs are peeing on Machpelech cave. I start to ask questions about my faith and take it very personally. Rabbi Nachman said feeling sadness is ok, but depression is not good. We must turn our feeling of loss into something which motivates.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
Zachor,

Certainly... I never intended to say otherwise. We must do what we can to change things for the best. If you think something we can do will change the situation, then let us try it. I am all for taking pro-active measures and not waiting for the inevitable. I have been trying for years to influence public opinion.

Unfortunately there is a big momentum of Israelis losing their faith and believing that they can share the land with the arabs. I have a couple secular Israeli friends and it really bothers me. I have had to say "I told you so" so many times to them. Some are beginning to realize the inevitable, that there is no friendly arab in Israel. But the leaders are not going to hear this.

My point was simply let us not become so sickened by the news that we lose our faith. Many times I wake up in the morning and check the news on Aretz Sheva { www.israelnationalnews.com } and get very despondent and depressed to read that the arabs are peeing on Machpelech cave. I start to ask questions about my faith and take it very personally. Rabbi Nachman said feeling sadness is ok, but depression is not good. We must turn our feeling of loss into something which motivates.

muman613

I agree with you.  It does get depressing.  Rabbi Kahane (z"l) used to admit this about himself, that he used to get depressed.  How can you not?  But it does not make me lose faith, never.  And I hope that it does not make you lose faith either.  Sometimes, faith in G-d is all that we Jews have.  In terms of making a difference, we may never know the impact that we have.  But I will say this, quoting Edmund Burke:  "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."  Results will sometimes be intangible, but I am okay with that, because life is not a movie.  We just do what we can.