Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday, September 14, 2008.  (Read 10933 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday, September 14, 2008.
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
Dear Mr. ben Pessach,

should welfare-receivers have the right to vote?

Sincerly,

Ulli
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »
Dear Chaim,
  You seem like a very resolute and decisive man. I, on the other hand, am very indecisive. If someone is faced with two equally attractive choices, do you think the best thing to do is to choose one and don't look back?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
Dear Chaim:

Do you (or did you) feel empathy for the victims of Jonestown? 

Shalom

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »
Hi Chaim, I feel so bad about not being around here as much. I have so much schoolwork that I barely have time to go to the gym during the day. My question is about how Tzippi Livni(yimach shema) will run Israel as opposed to the way Smolmert is running it. What do you think the differences in their policies will be? Also do you think their is any chance she will not be Israels next prime minister. Thanks so much for all you do Chaim.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 02:32:38 AM »
Chaim,
There doesn't seem to be trouble at the pomonoc housing projects in Queens like other projects. Do you think they are doing something different there that is making that project rather peaceful? Or is it just a better class of blacks that lives in these projects?

Incidentally, the tag "ape has killed ape" is a qoute from the movie "the planet of the apes."  It's nothing racial.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 05:32:40 AM »
Chaim, do you think Israel should strengthen its ties with China? Chinese people are not antisemitic and they genuinly respect and admire Jews. If little Israel needs a powerful protector then perhaps the dynamic China would fit the bill better than the declining United States which is gradually becoming more antisemitic and anti-Israel in its policies?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:37:18 AM by Masha »

Offline SINGLEJEWISHBOY

• New JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Dear Chaim:

at what point should we start judging a people, based upon their percentage of evil individuals as a collective group.  for example we have no choice but to generalize to a certain extent with blacks and arabs who have an overwhelming percentage of jewhaters among their ranks.  but what about groups like the greeks, who probably have just about as much antisemites as the blacks.  is there is a certain critical mass that one has to reach for us to consider them "enemies" as a whole for the sake of practicality?

Offline Gimatria

• Full JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »
Dear Chaim,
What is your opinion on lunar exploration and settlement? Currently, NASA has a plan to put a permanently manned base on the moon between the years 2019 and 2024. Some have criticized this plan is a frivolous waste of money but space enthusiasts claim that the moon could potentially be the first step in helping humanity expand beyond the planet Earth.

As a physicist I am conflicted, Chaim. I am fascinated and interested in these developments - but I am curious what the religious stance is? How should we G-d fearing Jews feel about space exploration (hypothetically living on the moon - would this be a chilul HaShem?) Are we as humans overstepping our boundaries in traveling beyond Earth's atmosphere?
Thank you Chaim and I hope you don't feel this question is irrelevant or stupid - just something I have been thinking about as it pertains to my work.
Today Raba,
Gimatria
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:58:55 PM by Gimatria »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 02:08:57 PM »
Dear Chaim,

I just read that an Arab Fakestinian stabbed a 9 year old boy 5 times on Shabbat after the Arab also set a Jewish family's house on fire, which ended up being destroyed, and then residents of Yitzhar retaliated against the Arabs by damaging some Arab property with a water canon and other vandalism.   If you were prime minister, and the Jews reacted with real violence (meaning, more than just property gets damaged) against the Arabs for their cowardly attacks on children, would this be considered legal by the govt?   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:10:18 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 07:16:40 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim'keh! :)

I just wanted to say to Shlomo THANK YOU for the new smileys. The Hebrew forum has voted almost unanimously for the adoption of your new smileys instead of the old ones, and soon enough we're going to have the privilege and the honor of enjoying them too. You are a very gifted person, and your degree of devotion and personal involvement is such an asset wherever you are and in whatever you touch. The Hebrew Forum is deeply grateful to you. Keep it up and way to go!!!

With much appreciation and love,
from all the members of the Hebrew Forum. (:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 07:48:08 PM by Gam Bashan veGam Gilad »

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
Chaim,

Issuing anti-Obama press releases was an important step. I would also suggest that those of our members, who speak languages other than English, translate these press releases into their native languages and post them on most popular websites in their country.

I would also suggest that we promote press release writing on other important subjects and by other members. For that we would create a separate section, where people could submit their drafts, and others could comment, correct or add more points. And later, we would have an almost perfect press release for virtually every issue important to us.

Thank you and... Peace after a decisive victory!
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.