Author Topic: English video - West still against Serbs  (Read 1946 times)

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
English video - West still against Serbs
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »
About propaganda against the Serbs and the Republic of Serbian Krajina.

My reaction regarding a Western video about Krajina!

Naïve and half informed  people would probably assume that this video is neutral or
at least not anti-Serbia.

Statements made by this video:

1) “Serb soldiers ethnically cleansed Croats from Krajina”

Not actually like that.
In 1990 the new Croatian government had violated the Yugoslavian constitution by converting bi-national Croatia into single national Croatia.
The Serbs were converted from a state building nation into a national minority.
When the new Croatian government, lead by F. Tudjman, took control over Croatia, in Croatian major cities and town ethnic cleansing against Serbs took place.
The Serbs were forced to escape the areas in Croatia which were under Croatian control. These Serbs went to Krajina or to Serbia. From 1990 till 1992 (the first golf of ethnic cleaning) Croatia expelled approximately 200.000 Serbs from Croatian controlled areas. Due Croatia's anti-Serb policy a civil war escalated in Croatia between the Croats and the Krajina Serbs. The Croats who lived in Krajina were not encouraged to leave Krajina by Serbian authorities. But because of the chaos  and the civil war not all Croats were save in Krajina, anymore. There were also groups, who were out of any control, in Krajina who started to attack the Croat population. They did that maybe because of criminal intentions (in every war you have exceptions)   and in may cases Serb civilians were taking revenge against Croats, by attacking their civilians. I condemn revange against civilians, but I understand that when somebody kills memebers of your family, you will not be normal anymore.
Also, a certain group of Croats, who lived in Krajina, had left Krajina because they were not feeling save in Krajina. Remember the frontline was stationed on Serb areas. They Croatian army was not attacking areas of Croatia were Serbs did not live.

Conclusion:
The Serbian authorities did not organize or conduct ethnic cleansing over Croats who lived in Krajina. A certain number (not all) of Croats left Krajina because of the consequences of the civil war – which were organized by Croatia.

2) “The Croats had a legal claim to Krajina”

The Serbs were in Croatia a state building nation. Croatia had no legal right to cut off the state connection between the Krajina Serbs and Serbia or to covert the Krajina Serbs into a national minority.   

According to the Vence-Owen plan (resolution 743, year 1992) Krajina gained a special status in international law. Krajina was declared as an UN’s protected zone!
According to the Vence-Owen plan Croatia was not allowed to enter in Krajina.

The Croats had no legal claim to Krajina!
Can somebody explain to me why people think that The Croats had legal claim to Krajina?

See video:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:32:07 PM by DALMACIJA »

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
Re: English video - West still against Serbs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »
Its about 15 years ago when the Croats had attacked Krajina's areas of Medacki Dzep and conducted horrible atrocities against the Serb population!

Krajina - 09-09-1993 - Medacki Dzep  R.I.P

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:34:22 PM by DALMACIJA »