Author Topic: Everyone, let us pray for our JTF members in the path of Ike.  (Read 808 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Everyone, let us pray for our JTF members in the path of Ike.
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
We have a lot of great members and the storm is most likely to make landfall tomorrow night or early Saturday morning.  Let's hope the storm weakens as it hits.

:-\
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Everyone, let us pray for our JTF members in the path of Ike.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

I have been Wolf, I really have been. Prayers for these peoples lives and homes.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »
I don't care for the track of this storm. I think the storm surge may be even worse than the wind. People should leave or be sure that they have the ability to be in a place that is secure and above any possible level that the water may rise to. Property damage is bad enough to deal with but people should do all they can to make themselves safe. Property can be replaced and rebuilt. G-d willing the storm will fizzle out.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
Thank you guys. I'll be praying for everyone else living in this area too. Thankfully I'm inland far enough I don't have to worry about surge, but there will still be high wind and a lot of rain. The house is boarded up and we've got lots of food and water, so we'll be ok. I called the vet's office and asked him what to do to keep Eva from getting too hot and he said to mist her with a spray bottle once in a while, which is good because I have an extra little small one I can use just for her :)

The main annoyance for me right now is that the power is almost certainly going to go out so no internet. Oh well I bought a pack of cards so I can play with them and study for my test coming up by the light of flashlights if it comes to that. Thank goodness I like halloween because I've still got some pumpkin lights with batteries in them too. :)

Anyway I hope I won't miss much at JTF especially now that things are getting exciting with the election.

The thing that really concerned me, and why I think so many people might need prayer for protection here, is that there were a lot of people last night who didn't even take it seriously at all. They're so used to false alarms, but this one's not false.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
Thank you guys. I'll be praying for everyone else living in this area too. Thankfully I'm inland far enough I don't have to worry about surge, but there will still be high wind and a lot of rain. The house is boarded up and we've got lots of food and water, so we'll be ok. I called the vet's office and asked him what to do to keep Eva from getting too hot and he said to mist her with a spray bottle once in a while, which is good because I have an extra little small one I can use just for her :)

The main annoyance for me right now is that the power is almost certainly going to go out so no internet. Oh well I bought a pack of cards so I can play with them and study for my test coming up by the light of flashlights if it comes to that. Thank goodness I like halloween because I've still got some pumpkin lights with batteries in them too. :)

Anyway I hope I won't miss much at JTF especially now that things are getting exciting with the election.

The thing that really concerned me, and why I think so many people might need prayer for protection here, is that there were a lot of people last night who didn't even take it seriously at all. They're so used to false alarms, but this one's not false.

Stay safe Ruby

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »
Thanks MW, Paulette, CJD, and AmericanHero :)