Author Topic: computer question  (Read 1888 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
computer question
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:48:42 AM »
my spyware blocker showed a program iexplore exe trying to get on my computer i blocked it because when i googled it it was shown to have alot of problems ,now my spyware blocker always pops and tells me this program is being blocked it's annoying .My spyware is called spyware terminator
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: computer question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
I think it is the internet explorer from Microsoft. But I am not 100 percent shure  :-\
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
I also think it's the internet explorer. If you use another browser anyway than you can block the explorer. I don't know about this terminator spyware but if with Zone Alarm you can remember the settings so it won't ask you everytime the IE wants to get permission.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »
I also think it's the internet explorer. If you use another browser anyway than you can block the explorer. I don't know about this terminator spyware but if with Zone Alarm you can remember the settings so it won't ask you everytime the IE wants to get permission.

thanks i read up on iexplorer.exe and it said it can have viruses attached  http://www.file.net/process/iexplorer.exe.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:16:52 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:23:03 AM »
this is the spyware i have               http://www.freewaregenius.com/2006/09/23/spyware-terminator/

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 08:21:07 AM »
I think you accidentally told your spyware program to block internet explorer. You need to go into the settings of the spyware remover and uncheck the internet explorer. Internet explorer is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. People like to use firefox but I find that it is incompatible with some things.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:54 AM »
I think you accidentally told your spyware program to block internet explorer. You need to go into the settings of the spyware remover and uncheck the internet explorer. Internet explorer is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. People like to use firefox but I find that it is incompatible with some things.
Your right i have to go to the real time shield and delete the block

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »
Mord, I can't get over what a handsome guy Alf is. Put a thread up with pics of him. I am sure everyone will love it.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:26:21 AM »
Mord, I can't get over what a handsome guy Alf is. Put a thread up with pics of him. I am sure everyone will love it.
o.k. i have to find more photos scan them and upload them

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
o.k. i have to find more photos scan them and upload them

Last time you forgot to do it :)
I can't wait to see more of Alf. Send me a Pm whe you put them up. Thanks a ton.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:55:33 AM »
 O0 :) ;)

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »
Install Norton or Avast, THE POP-UP EXTERMINATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »
Who's Alf?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »
Alf is Mord's German Shepherd.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »
Alf is Mord's German Shepherd.

I thought it was this ALF

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
obviously, iexplorer.exe is Internet Explorer, but it might be something else trying to appear like IE.

First try all the spyware removers (adaware, spyhunter, etc)

THEN scan it with antivirus (Ex: Norton, AVG, etc)

if that doesnt work... use Hijackthis.exe (Might need help with that)

if that doesnt work. message me.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
obviously, iexplorer.exe is Internet Explorer, but it might be something else trying to appear like IE.<snip>

"iexplorer.exe" is certainly not internet explorer!!!

internet explorer is iexplore.exe

and you'd know that if you launched it via start..run...iexplore<ENTER>

Mord meant iexplore.exe, he got it right in his first post.

Of course, malware can piggyback onto any process.

It helps to know how to reinstall windows. A good skill to know. As useful to know as knowing how to change a light bulb.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

Mord meant iexplore.exe, he got it right in his first post.

Of course, malware can piggyback onto any process.

It helps to know how to reinstall windows. A good skill to know. As useful to know as knowing how to change a light bulb.

Yes,

This is the Microsoft (TM) way... If it doesnt work the 1st time you install something, un-install it and then try installing again... Usually the 2nd time of installation works.... For a period of time before it slows down and you must uninstall and reinstall again...

The wonderful world of MS.... Oy vey!

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
Yes,

This is the Microsoft (TM) way... If it doesnt work the 1st time you install something, un-install it and then try installing again... Usually the 2nd time of installation works.... For a period of time before it slows down and you must uninstall and reinstall again...

The wonderful world of MS.... Oy vey!

muman613

It would be wonderful if people could do it themselves.

ps- i'm not getting into MS bashing or responding with a comparison to linux and provoking arguments with members of the linux cult(a bunch of loons that are convinced that if you tried linux more than 6 months ago then your opinion doesn't count 'cos it's really really improved). Any time I try linux it takes more than 6 months off of it before I am willing to talk about the experience!

Cygwin is nice though. Subordinate to me as all software on my machines should be!

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
use firefox and its built in popup blockers.

If you are behind a physical router, you have no need for a software firewall btw...and should even disable xp's built in firewall as it does nothing but eat memory.

If you are not behind a physical firewall, and have no choice but to use a software one...I would reccomend Jettico's personal firewall (free)

Can be tricky to figure out configuration on it but it works very good, and has a very small footprint.

If you think you have a keylogger or something...I would recommend downloading and running spybot snd from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

could also take a hijackthis log, and have someone look at it for you who knows what they are doing...
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »
It would be wonderful if people could do it themselves.

ps- i'm not getting into MS bashing or responding with a comparison to linux and provoking arguments with members of the linux cult(a bunch of loons that are convinced that if you tried linux more than 6 months ago then your opinion doesn't count 'cos it's really really improved). Any time I try linux it takes more than 6 months off of it before I am willing to talk about the experience!

Cygwin is nice though. Subordinate to me as all software on my machines should be!

I have been using Linux for over six years and it is a far, far superior OS compared to Microsoft. There are several problems with Microsoft installers, especially concerning device drivers, and these problems dont exist for Linux. Some of my servers have had uptimes of over 1 1/2 years without a need to reboot. This includes keeping the application software up-to-date.

I am really sick of Microsoft and its shlock quality.

What are you doing with Cygwin? We use it here when we need to build some modules which we developed under Linux to Windows. Also I use Mingw compiler on Linux to generate Windows executables and WINE to package my product in a .MSI installer. Cygwin really has no use other than as a compatibility layer to OpenSource and GNU software products {automake,autoconf,make, etc.}

Ubuntu is the most ripe Distribution out there. Anyone who wants to shed the extra fat and bloat of Microsoft can easily try Ubuntu by downloading the CD Installer which allows you to run the OS before installing it. This is a very mature distribution which includes support for virtually every configuration available, full support for media {mpeg,mp3,wmv,avi,...} and Firefox 3.0 browser {which I am currently using}.

My advice for anyone who relies on their computer {who doesn't} is to switch away from MS and try a mature Linux product. I even use VMWARE on Linux which allows me to run a Native Windows OS in a window on my Linux desktop.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 12:53:24 AM »
I'm guilty of being a Linux loon.
I've been a Linux odd-ball for 12 years.

I'm running firefox under LInux.

I'm able to look at news sites, do banking, pay my bills, buy at amazon.com, buy mp3s, edit photos, do web design, etc... with firefox on linux.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 01:12:31 AM »

woops.. didnt read that close enough.

Regardless.  do NOT re-install windows unless all else fails.  Its a pain.  There are other options.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:25 AM »
I have been using Linux for over six years and it is a far, far superior OS compared to Microsoft. There are several problems with Microsoft installers, especially concerning device drivers, and these problems dont exist for Linux. Some of my servers have had uptimes of over 1 1/2 years without a need to reboot. This includes keeping the application software up-to-date.

I am really sick of Microsoft and its shlock quality.

What are you doing with Cygwin? We use it here when we need to build some modules which we developed under Linux to Windows. Also I use Mingw compiler on Linux to generate Windows executables and WINE to package my product in a .MSI installer. Cygwin really has no use other than as a compatibility layer to OpenSource and GNU software products {automake,autoconf,make, etc.}

Ubuntu is the most ripe Distribution out there. Anyone who wants to shed the extra fat and bloat of Microsoft can easily try Ubuntu by downloading the CD Installer which allows you to run the OS before installing it. This is a very mature distribution which includes support for virtually every configuration available, full support for media {mpeg,mp3,wmv,avi,...} and Firefox 3.0 browser {which I am currently using}.

My advice for anyone who relies on their computer {who doesn't} is to switch away from MS and try a mature Linux product. I even use VMWARE on Linux which allows me to run a Native Windows OS in a window on my Linux desktop.

muman613

I use cygwin for nice commands(wget, diff)

(though I recently found a good set of Win32 ports for many linux commands)

I use it for experimenting running servers(web,ftp,ssh) , They are all there.

and for bash(or whatever good shell), of course you can do more in bash without jumping through hoops, than in batch.

windows is more than reliable enough for me. It's non techies that have all the problems with it.
and with the exception of windows itself. installing anything is typically less than 10 seconds.
Navigate to the EXE installation(whiz aroun the GUI or whack the path into start..run), next next next finish.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:13:23 AM by q_q_ »