Author Topic: effect of a depression?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
effect of a depression?
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »
Regardless of how it affects the November elections,  I think a worldwide depression could either spell disaster or hope throughout the west.

I think worldwide.. you are more likely to see countries moving in strange directions because of a depression.  So you may see more countries electing from the far left and the far right.    This may be awful but it might also but it also might be positive... If a country such as Holland or Switzerland were to slide into a horrible depression, they might, in a moment of weakness, give a politician from the far right huge power.  And in Europe, the far right has become very pro-Israel anti-Muslim.  All we would need is one nationalist takeover to make ripples in the west. 

If a Geert Wilders were to be in a REAL position of power... imagine what he could do?  He could be a model for western nations.  He could stop all immigration from Muslim countries and limit it from everywhere else.  He could ban the burqa, Muslim Hollidays, and make the Koran hate literature.  Again... it would take an absolute economic catastrophe for this to happen... but it is within the realm of possibilities.

And imagine if the same were to happen in Israel???

I know, I know... its very unlikely... but if it were to happen to just one country... that would be a huge success.

Brian

Brian

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: effect of a depression?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:23:35 PM »
This may be deliberate.
Osama, the original Osama, said the goal is to bankrupt the great satan.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »
We are no way near the depression effect of the 1930s. When unemployment is over 30% and the government welfare system collapses, only then might the European folk wake up.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
We are no way near the depression effect of the 1930s. When unemployment is over 30% and the government welfare system collapses, only then might the European folk wake up.

No... we are not. but we are no where near the bottom.... and there are multiple European countries that are already experiencing double digit unemployment.  They are halfway there.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »
I think a deep recession is around the corner though....
probably world wide ...especially if world stockmarkets
keep tanking ... ....

But the govt constantly coming to the rescue of failed
institutions is frightening ....the printing pressess must be
constantly printing money ....that is alarming ...
how many more failures will there be ....

but what we dont want is a panic withdrawalsof  bank deposits ...that would be terrible but so far i dont see it yet

The thought of a depression is terrifying ....G-d forbid we should
have one ....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:03:41 PM by Roadwarrior »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
I think a deep recession is around the corner though....
probably world wide ...especially if world stockmarkets
keep tanking ... ....

The thought of a depression is terrifying ....G-d forbid we should
have one ....

I can't even fathom that our own economy would go through such a depression.  30% unemployment seems next to impossible.  However... I just think that Europe will get the worst of it.  1) they already have high unemployment. 2)  their currencies are overvalued 3) their finances rely on our finances (and vice versa) 4) many European countries have much larger welfare systems, which can be an enormous burden during economic turmoil.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »
  Yes, we ARE ALREADY in a depression.. People NEED to get used to it. NO, this will NOT bring obama in...tell me...WHAT IS OBAMA OFFERING THAT WOULD LEAD PEOPLE TO BELIEVE that he can 'make it work??' HE COULD NOT EVEN CLEAN UP THE STREETS IN THE DIST 13!    WAKE UP LEFTIST Jewish people ASAP!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

Certain states in the US are in deep recession already

Michigan I think has 9 pct unemployment ...
and the unemployment rate overall is inching up ....
And as the world economies slow down wont our exports get shut down

We could see 8 or 9 pct unemployment overall and wouldnt that even
cause more house dumping and foreclosures and exacerbate the
housing and credit crisis 

This all seems to be working to Obama's favor unfortunately 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 09:34:23 PM »
Certain states in the US are in deep recession already

Michigan I think has 9 pct unemployment ...
and the unemployment rate overall is inching up ....
And as the world economies slow down wont our exports get shut down

We could see 8 or 9 pct unemployment overall and wouldnt that even
cause more house dumping and foreclosures and exacerbate the
housing and credit crisis 

This all seems to be working to Obama's favor unfortunately 

Thats true.  But California is the worst.  Not only do we already have unemployment at 8 pct, but we had a huge chunk of the real estate bubble... AND we have a horrible welfare state that will burden us like no other state.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »
Thats true.  But California is the worst.  Not only do we already have unemployment at 8 pct, but we had a huge chunk of the real estate bubble... AND we have a horrible welfare state that will burden us like no other state.

Brian,

Im sorry it is so tough for you.... But California has been very kind to me... Ive been constantly employed for over 20 years now. And my company is still growing and profitable. I work in Silicon Valley and have received three job opportunities in the last 2 weeks... To me the economy in CA is just great :)

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
This may be deliberate.
Osama, the original Osama, said the goal is to bankrupt the great satan.

Obama 08
Osama 09
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 10:36:10 PM »
Brian,

Im sorry it is so tough for you.... But California has been very kind to me... Ive been constantly employed for over 20 years now. And my company is still growing and profitable. I work in Silicon Valley and have received three job opportunities in the last 2 weeks... To me the economy in CA is just great :)

muman613

Well, half of my income is under duress now.  I have two jobs... one as a professor, and another as a entrepreneur, so only half of my income is being affected.

But I still love the weather and the environs here.  You just gotta ignore the wacko-left and shield yourself from their policies.

Brian

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 06:22:14 AM »
I can't even fathom that our own economy would go through such a depression.  30% unemployment seems next to impossible.  However... I just think that Europe will get the worst of it.  1) they already have high unemployment. 2)  their currencies are overvalued 3) their finances rely on our finances (and vice versa) 4) many European countries have much larger welfare systems, which can be an enormous burden during economic turmoil.

Actually the European economy is much more manufacturing-driven than the American. Germany and Italy especially, but also France. And moreover If the Euro is overpriced than if and when it devalues their exports should increase. Another point in their favor is that they didn't have a real estate bubble as ballooned as America had and also while their banks took a hit from the subprimes, they don't have millions of people who lost their home.

Of course In the longer term their welfare system might fail due to the increase of parasitic muslim immigrants flooding Europe.