Author Topic: Bush Doctrine? Can someone explain this to me?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Bush Doctrine? Can someone explain this to me?
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
Someone told me yesterday that they would not be voting for McCain/Palin because Palin couldn't answer a simple question about the Bush doctrine.  What was she talking about?  I know Palin was being interviewed and was asked about the Bush doctrine, but this whole issue escapes me.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Bush Doctrine? Can someone explain this to me?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »
The Left is desperate to ensure that Bush is remembered in the History books as a loony warmonger.  The best way they can do it is to come up with easy-to-remember catch phrases and terminology that fit nice and easily into history books (Ie trickle-down economics for Reagan)

The MSM came up with a brilliant such bumper-sticker slander... the Bush Doctrine.... which they can proudly contrast with the monroe doctrine.

To them... Their definition of this 'made-up term' is that Bush can attack any and every country he wants... assuming that he feels that at some point in time.. .they may pose a threat.  That is what you will read in the history books... mark my words.

Honestly... the Bush philosophy (doctorine) is really about trying to spread democracy... which is to me is an uphill battle in the Muslim world.  That is what the History books SHOULD say.  That Bush ignorantly believed that he could spread democracy and be the 'good guy' to the Muslims.  And to that... he had to hold on to the idea that 'Islam is peace' and that Islam wants to be free... which it doesnt.   

But nonetheless.... in th process... he still killed a lot of Islamofascists... so you gotta give him props for that.  :)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:24:40 PM »
The Left is desperate to ensure that Bush is remembered in the History books as a loony warmonger.  The best way they can do it is to come up with easy-to-remember catch phrases and terminology that fit nice and easily into history books (Ie trickle-down economics for Reagan)

The MSM came up with a brilliant such bumper-sticker slander... the Bush Doctrine.... which they can proudly contrast with the monroe doctrine.

To them... Their definition of this 'made-up term' is that Bush can attack any and every country he wants... assuming that he feels that at some point in time.. .they may pose a threat.  That is what you will read in the history books... mark my words.

Honestly... the Bush philosophy (doctorine) is really about trying to spread democracy... which is to me is an uphill battle in the Muslim world.  That is what the History books SHOULD say.  That Bush ignorantly believed that he could spread democracy and be the 'good guy' to the Muslims.  And to that... he had to hold on to the idea that 'Islam is peace' and that Islam wants to be free... which it doesnt.   

But nonetheless.... in th process... he still killed a lot of Islamofascists... so you gotta give him props for that.  :)

You mean there was no actual Bush doctrine?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
You mean there was no actual Bush doctrine?

No.. absolutely not.  Its not like the monroe doctrine that actually was signed... etc.

Again... its more of a slander.... and is made to be contrasted with the monroe doctrine.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
No.. absolutely not.  Its not like the monroe doctrine that actually was signed... etc.

Again... its more of a slander.... and is made to be contrasted with the monroe doctrine.

the monroe doctrine wasn't signed, it was outlined in one of Monroe's state of the union addresses...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
the monroe doctrine wasn't signed, it was outlined in one of Monroe's state of the union addresses...

It wasn't called the Monroe Doctrine at the time... but it was an actual physical document that has been used as the bases for justifying US policy.  It has been amended to and re-interpreted... and  I am not a legal expert... so I dont know if it was actually signed.. .but you get the idea.

But again... this is in contrast to the Bush Doctrine... that was never an actual document or anything else.  It is nothing more than a slanderous ploy against the perceived evils of Bush... and nothing more.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »
Bush Doctrine= lead like a Democrat, talk like a Republican. 

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
I think Bush simply wanted to kick at faces of all those who were involved in 911 or those who supported or applauded it.

In my opinion he succeeded up to 40%, which considering the toughness of the task should get a high rating.

G_d willing the remnant may be completed today.

He was perhaps aware that pulling muzzies to democracy may tantamount to pulling camels to the top of Mt Everest. But he also knew that all risks were laying in the courts of camels only. 

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »
It wasn't called the Monroe Doctrine at the time... but it was an actual physical document that has been used as the bases for justifying US policy.  It has been amended to and re-interpreted... and  I am not a legal expert... so I dont know if it was actually signed.. .but you get the idea.

But again... this is in contrast to the Bush Doctrine... that was never an actual document or anything else.  It is nothing more than a slanderous ploy against the perceived evils of Bush... and nothing more.

it was not signed, and it was not a physical document...unless you think a transcript of a speech is a physical document. the so called bush doctrine is also just some foreign policy he outlines in a speech.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »
it was not signed, and it was not a physical document...unless you think a transcript of a speech is a physical document. the so called bush doctrine is also just some foreign policy he outlines in a speech.

There is NO COMPARISON.  I cant believe Im debating this.

Selectively taking speeches and sound bites from Bush is not the same as Monroe, Adams, and his cabinet drafting an official foreign policy. 

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
There is NO COMPARISON.  I cant believe Im debating this.

Selectively taking speeches and sound bites from Bush is not the same as Monroe, Adams, and his cabinet drafting an official foreign policy. 

so you're saying its not bush's official foreign policy to attack terrorists and the people who harbor them, no matter where they are?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »
What is the significance of Palin supposedly getting this question wrong?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Someone told me yesterday that they would not be voting for McCain/Palin because Palin couldn't answer a simple question about the Bush doctrine.  What was she talking about?  I know Palin was being interviewed and was asked about the Bush doctrine, but this whole issue escapes me.

From what I've been able to understand the Bush doctrine was supposed to be strike at those who pose a threat first. In other words, pre-emption. This is a very controversial approach, especially when it's not one hundred percent certain that the target of the attack actually poses a threat.

What is the significance of Palin supposedly getting this question wrong?

It's not that significant especially considering that she's a republican and wouldn't see things the same way as the leftists who coined the term.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »
so you're saying its not bush's official foreign policy to attack terrorists and the people who harbor them, no matter where they are?

No... Bush's policy is misguided altruism.  90% of his speeches involve him saying freedom will be contagious.. and that once Iraq and Afghanistan become free... this freedom will spread to other Muslim countries.  This is just pure stupidity and involves a missunderstanding of totalitarian regimes and of Islam... but this is what his policy is.

But nonetheless... I could take any politician and selectively cherry pick his speeches and actions and come up with my own 'doctrine'.

I could say that the 'Clinton Doctrine' is to grossly exaggerate humanitarian disaster in order to justify a war to get the public attention away from lying to a grand jury.

(I like the sound of that)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »
The Monroe Doctrine had a consistent theme
ahd was invoked by presidents....it was defined by Monroe
and invoked by Polk 

To call Bush's foreign policy a Bush Doctrine is to attribute
a name to an adhoc collection missteps ..and nothing consistent

There never was an official Bush Doctrine ...it was made up
by the press and was modified by the press ....

But Hillary did say that she agreed with the Bush Doctrine

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 06:33:18 PM »
The Monroe Doctrine had a consistent theme
ahd was invoked by presidents....it was defined by Monroe
and invoked by Polk 

To call Bush's foreign policy a Bush Doctrine is to attribute
a name to an adhoc collection missteps ..and nothing consistent

There never was an official Bush Doctrine ...it was made up
by the press and was modified by the press ....

But Hillary did say that she agreed with the Bush Doctrine

Well said. 

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »
Thanks briann

When is somebody going to ask Hussein how
can he look the American People in the Face
and expect them to think he is qualified to be Commander-in-Chief
when he thinks there are 57 states in the country ...

or who thinks Only One bomb was dropped on Pearl Harbor ...

or who thinks there is a state called New Pennsylvania ...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
Thanks briann

When is somebody going to ask Hussein how
can he look the American People in the Face
and expect them to think he is qualified to be Commander-in-Chief
when he thinks there are 57 states in the country ...

or who thinks Only One bomb was dropped on Pearl Harbor ...

or who thinks there is a state called New Pennsylvania ...

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
The Bush Doctrine is a kind of gynecologist.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
Briann, you analysed that very lucidly..

If you had been in that interview instead of Palin for that question, you'd have demolished the interviewer Charles Gibson and turned it on him completely.  I imagine you'd have answered the rest of his questions while sitting on the spot.

All you need, for icing on the cake,  is a pair of spectacles and you could have frowned and peered down through them at him!

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »

If you had been in that interview instead of Palin for that question, you'd have demolished the interviewer Charles Gibson and turned it on him completely.  I imagine you'd have answered the rest of his questions while sitting on the spot.

All you need, for icing on the cake,  is a pair of spectacles and you could have frowned and peered down through them at him!

Agreed

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
The Bush Doctrine is a kind of gynecologist.

:laugh: :::D I never thought of it that way, but it's funny.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »

If you had been in that interview instead of Palin for that question, you'd have demolished the interviewer Charles Gibson and turned it on him completely.  I imagine you'd have answered the rest of his questions while sitting on the spot.

hahahah thanks.

I think Palin is pretty good as well.  But she has to say things in a very narrow PC fashion.  Something that is tough for most of us.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 04:10:46 AM »
No... Bush's policy is misguided altruism.  90% of his speeches involve him saying freedom will be contagious.. and that once Iraq and Afghanistan become free... this freedom will spread to other Muslim countries.  This is just pure stupidity and involves a missunderstanding of totalitarian regimes and of Islam... but this is what his policy is.

But nonetheless... I could take any politician and selectively cherry pick his speeches and actions and come up with my own 'doctrine'.

I could say that the 'Clinton Doctrine' is to grossly exaggerate humanitarian disaster in order to justify a war to get the public attention away from lying to a grand jury.

(I like the sound of that)

The Clinton Doctrine was a two pronged approach of having sex with interns and saying how great 1% GDP growth is with the media jumping up and down with pom poms.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 04:56:14 AM »
hahahah thanks.

I think Palin is pretty good as well.  But she has to say things in a very narrow PC fashion.  Something that is tough for most of us.

I was impressed by Sarah Palin too.

When she spoke at the nomination thing the leftist press dismissed her saying that she was reading a script.   But in the interview with Charles Gibson she did tremendously well. He asked some real stinkers.