Author Topic: Donald Trump endorses John McCain for President  (Read 1067 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Donald Trump endorses John McCain for President
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13558.html

Trump endorses McCain on Larry King
By MIKE ALLEN | 9/17/08 10:22 PM EDT   Text Size:     

Donald Trump, the flamboyant New York magnate, said on CNN’s “Larry King Live” on Wednesday night that he is supporting Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for president.

Trump, never shy with his opinions, went on to say that McCain appears to be winning, and that Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) should have chosen Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) as his running mate.

“I know John McCain, and John McCain's a great guy, a tremendous guy,” Trump told King. “I've known him for a long time. And I'm with him, and I'm with him based on the fact that I have great knowledge of John McCain. Also, this is not the right time for tax increases. And Obama wants to increase your taxes drastically.”

Well, maybe not your taxes. But certainly The Donald’s: Obama would repeal President Bush tax cuts for households making more than $250,000.

During the Democratic primaries, Trump donated to Hillary Clinton, according to records posted by the Center for Responsive Politics. Trump donated to McCain in May, according to the records.

“I don't understand why Hillary wasn't chosen [for vice president],” Trump said. “ She was really winning. I have a friend that came to this country and was here for the last four weeks of that whole election. He said: How did she lose? She won every primary? He didn't understand it.

“The fact is, that Obama went limping across the finish line. He should have chosen Hillary, It would have been a much different race, I believe. Right now, it looks to me like McCain is probably winning.”

During the show, the two men had this exchange:

TRUMP: I'm endorsing McCain. I am basically very strongly — you have to understand: I've known him. I like him, I respect him.

KING: So you're endorsing him?

TRUMP: I think he's going to be a great president.

KING: So you're endorsing him.

TRUMP: Sure, I'll endorse him on your show.

KING: You just endorsed him.

TRUMP: I endorse him.

KING: Are you pessimistic or optimistic about this financial situation?

TRUMP: Well, I'm very pessimistic.

Hopefully,   Donald Trump's influence regarding this election will prove significant.    Trump's knowledge about business and the economy is something that should have at least some clout.

eb22

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Donald Trump endorses John McCain for President
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
Good man. I endorse him.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »
I don't know why, but I'm surprised.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »
No surprise here! I'm sorry, but I don't give 2 shekels that this guy endorses anyone. :P

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
Of course Trump will endorse McCain, this is apolitical decision. I have not heard of any other Trump endorsments before because as a good businessman he has to play all sides of the isle. The fact that he did endorse McCain while residing in liberal New York demonstrates that a) Trump clearly sees the gravity of the situation. b) Chaim needs to right a letter to him asking for financial support! (wouldn't hurt)
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:22:13 AM »
I had a feeling Trump would say this since Biden has a habit of talking badly about himself, which Trump hates about people. 

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »
I don't like Trump, but this decision of him was good.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 09:46:14 AM »
I had a feeling Trump would say this since Biden has a habit of talking badly about himself, which Trump hates about people. 

...because the Bottom Line is Trump and nothing else matter!  :$:
 This man's Ego is bigger than his bank account
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:51:15 AM by Dan »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »
...because the Bottom Line is Trump and nothing else matter!  :$:
 This man Ego is bigger than his bank account
qft
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »
He knows Obama would be worse for the economy.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »
it's  a good endorsement. Originally he wanted Hillary..hence, the democrats are not united..the republicans, however, are united.  That's why mccain might win this even with somewhat a landslide but not like reagan carter or reagan mondale or bush dukakis.  But he'll win soundly.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein