Author Topic: The criminal enterprise know as Shas to join Livni  (Read 1144 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The criminal enterprise know as Shas to join Livni
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3600982,00.html 

Livni-Yishai coalition talks successful

Kadima, Shas leaders discuss Jerusalem, child welfare payments in attempt to bridge ideological gaps, pave way for Shas' inclusion in new government

Attila Somfalvi Published:  09.23.08, 15:51 / Israel News 

After Labor Party Chairman Ehud Barak showed greater willingness to consider the formation of a new government under the leadership of Tzipi Livni, the newly elected Kadima chairwoman met Shas leader Eli Yishai on Tuesday as part of the ongoing coalition negotiations.

Livni and Yishai agreed that representatives from both parties will soon meet in an attempt to bridge the ideological gaps between the parties, particularly with regards to socio-economic issues, and draft guidelines for the new government.

On Monday President Shimon Peres tasked Livni with forming a coalition.

During the meeting Yishai mentioned Jerusalem and child welfare payments, as well as the rise in rent prices.

Advertisement   

The haredi party is demanding that Kadima promise that Jerusalem will not be discussed during the peace negotiations with the Palestinian Authority, as well as the allocation of an additional NIS 1 billion ($290 million) in child welfare payments.

It is estimated that the sides will eventually work out their differences, particularly in light of the fact that Labor is inching closer toward joining the new coalition.

Shas is similar to black shvartza caucus,we'll vote for you just give us money so we don'nt have to work
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The criminal enterprise know as Shas to join Livni
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »
Work is very good for everybody, specially if you can earn money. Imo there is less merit in learning, if you do it on the costs of others.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »
Work is very good for everybody, specially if you can earn money. Imo there is less merit in learning, if you do it on the costs of others.  :o
That is correct it says so in the Torah :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

Shalom,

That is your opinion. Torah itself established a class of people, called the Levites, whom did no work except for the work which Hashem commanded. We are commanded to give to the Levite. The reason for this is that in order to truly be able to study the words of scripture one must be able to give oneself over without the burden imposed by having to support oneself.

These people are not bums and contribute to our Jewish identity. I for one give money to charities which support Torah learning and families of Torah scholars.

muman613

PS: It is Rosh Hashana time and it is a propicious time to give Charity. I would suggest those who are doing their Teshuva in the week leading to the High Holidays to give as much as they can.

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/180,2081262/What-is-a-Levite.html
Moses blessed the tribe of Levi, saying, "They shall teach Your ordinances to Jacob, and Your Torah to Israel." Aside for their Temple duties, the tribe served as the rabbis and teachers of their Israelite brethren. For this reason, the Levites were not allotted a portion of the Land of Israel; instead, the other tribes were commanded to provide them with 48 cities where they would dwell. While the rest of Israel earned a livelihood by tending to their fields, orchards and livestock, the Levites preoccupied themselves with their spiritual calling. "[The Levite] shall have no inheritance among his brothers; the L-rd is his inheritance".1
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »

Shalom,

That is your opinion. Torah itself established a class of people, called the Levites, whom did no work except for the work which Hashem commanded. We are commanded to give to the Levite. The reason for this is that in order to truly be able to study the words of scripture one must be able to give oneself over without the burden imposed by having to support oneself.

These people are not bums and contribute to our Jewish identity. I for one give money to charities which support Torah learning and families of Torah scholars.

muman613

PS: It is Rosh Hashana time and it is a propicious time to give Charity. I would suggest those who are doing their Teshuva in the week leading to the High Holidays to give as much as they can.

I'm a levi myself and i give tzadakah yr round to Baal Haness as well as to Lubavitch  and chai lifeline.But i fix most of my problems in my house myself,i once had a very hard plumbing problem if it was just breaking through sheetrock and tile i would have done it myself but ineeded to break brick and cement .My plumber who does grat work is a Lubavitch and his sons they came did excellent work at a fair price and a short time.They learn also but also work

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »

Shalom,

muman613

I'm a levi myself and i give tzadakah yr round to Baal Haness as well as to Lubavitch  and chai lifeline.But i fix most of my problems in my house myself,i once had a very hard plumbing problem if it was just breaking through sheetrock and tile i would have done it myself but ineeded to break brick and cement .My plumber who does grat work is a Lubavitch and his sons they came did excellent work at a fair price and a short time.They learn also but also work

Shalom Mord,

I am just making the point that it is established in Judaism to have a part of the people who dont work and only study. I am one who thinks work is important but it is a yoke of its own and it is harsh. I work so hard and hardly get a break. I barely can take off time for the High Holidays this year.

I dont believe that the taxpayers should shoulder the burden. But I also dont hate these Charedim for their lifestyle. I try to help solve the problem by giving what I can.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

Shalom,

muman613

I'm a levi myself and i give tzadakah yr round to Baal Haness as well as to Lubavitch  and chai lifeline.But i fix most of my problems in my house myself,i once had a very hard plumbing problem if it was just breaking through sheetrock and tile i would have done it myself but ineeded to break brick and cement .My plumber who does great work is a Lubavitch and his sons they came did excellent work at a fair price and a short time.They learn also but also work

Shalom Mord,

I am just making the point that it is established in Judaism to have a part of the people who dont work and only study. I am one who thinks work is important but it is a yoke of its own and it is harsh. I work so hard and hardly get a break. I barely can take off time for the High Holidays this year.

I dont believe that the taxpayers should shoulder the burden. But I also dont hate these Charedim for their lifestyle. I try to help solve the problem by giving what I can.

muman613

No all i was saying is this man and his sons do  hard work all day yet find time to work as well

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »
Muman, Chaim himself has said that sincere Torah scholars should be supported, but surely you will agree with an entire class (cult is more like it) of Jews who, for no other reason than their birth or conversion into the cult, not only do not work, but refuse to serve in the army and refuse to support the state of Israel itself. I would like to ask these anti-Zionists, since they so disrespect the Jewish state, to go move to the enlightened states of America, Western Europe, or Russia to see if they will pay them to sit around all day doing nothing but occasionally going out into the streets to throw fruit and rocks at cars driven by people taking their sick kids or pregnant wives to the hospital on the Sabbath. These people aren't Torah scholars--they're scammers who are working the system because their cult leader rebbes encourage them to. This abuse must be reformed.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
Shalom Mord,

muman613
But these guys are sectarians, to say the least. Most Orthodox Jews in Israel aren't Haredim, and most Orthodox Jews do work for a living and study Torah at the same time.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
Oh I understand your point Muman.

I have said to myself at least a dozen time: Pheasant, don't interfere in Jewish issues. But I am slithering in it again and again. I will try to avoid it in the future.

Israel seems to be a planet for it's own.

:)

But for gentile countries I think the righteous way is to ask people for money in order to make this important studies possible. If you ask the gouvernment to take other peoples money away and to give it to your cause it is at least in the borderland of property offense if it has not crossed the final frontier to stealing.

:-(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
Pheasant, I don't think you did or said anything wrong. There is a difference between true Torah scholars, who are a small minority of all those who claim to be, and scamming cultists who work a system that they supposedly hate so much. It is way past time to put the latter in their place and force them to earn a living (or else leave Israel, and see if a Gentile country will pay them to do nothing but go on marches to beg for more money), and Kahanism would do just that.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
Pheasant, I don't think you did or said anything wrong. There is a difference between true Torah scholars, who are a small minority of all those who claim to be, and scamming cultists who work a system that they supposedly hate so much. It is way past time to put the latter in their place and force them to earn a living (or else leave Israel, and see if a Gentile country will pay them to do nothing but go on marches to beg for more money), and Kahanism would do just that.

So C.F.,

You are labeling all Charedim as scammers!?! I know some very noble and honest Charedim and they are good people. Not all are out to get a free lunch. I would try to avoid making such generalizations.

You are entitled to your opinion...

muman613

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »
Muman, nowhere did I say all Haredim. I do have to admit though that I am extremely skeptical that most of those who do not work really are Torah scholars, especially when they hold to Torah interpretations that are vastly different from those of the vast majority of other Orthodox Jews. I am especially cynical about their anti-Zionism. They don't like the Jewish state, but they like the fact that the Jewish state is paying them to do nothing. I do believe that if they were sincere and consistent in their beliefs, they would either support the idea of a Jewish state, or would leave Israel. Instead, they rail and whine against Zionism and non-Haredi Jews, and support every imaginable concession to the Arabs--that is, until they get a fat payoff from the regime they supposedly hate so much. They can't have it both ways.