General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask the Pheasant

<< < (12/13) > >>

Ulli:
At easter my family and most others with traditions eat basically lamb chop with green beans and potatoes. For Christmas there are different customs. I prefer the classic goose with Brussels sprouts and red cabbage as well as potatoes or in South Germany dumplings, but some people eat carp blue cooked or others even potato salad with weenies.

Rubystars:
Thanks for talking about it Pheasant, that all sounds very good  :eat:

mord:

--- Quote from: Pheasant on April 06, 2009, 01:19:02 PM ---At easter my family and most others with traditions eat basically lamb chop with green beans and potatoes. For Christmas there are different customs. I prefer the classic goose with Brussels sprouts and red cabbage as well as potatoes or in South Germany dumplings, but some people eat carp blue cooked or others even potato salad with weenies.

--- End quote ---
The little tiny dumplings that my grandmother put through this little dumpling maker the kind you eat with saurbrauten or big dumplings ?I like big dumplings

Ulli:

--- Quote from: mord on April 06, 2009, 03:21:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pheasant on April 06, 2009, 01:19:02 PM ---At easter my family and most others with traditions eat basically lamb chop with green beans and potatoes. For Christmas there are different customs. I prefer the classic goose with Brussels sprouts and red cabbage as well as potatoes or in South Germany dumplings, but some people eat carp blue cooked or others even potato salad with weenies.

--- End quote ---
The little tiny dumplings that my grandmother put through this little dumpling maker the kind you eat with saurbrauten or big dumplings ?I like big dumplings

--- End quote ---

You can do all sizes. There are pure dumplings from some sort of wheat, others are from potatoes, some are half and half, some are with onions others with little roasted pieces of white bread.

I have seen dozens of different dumplings in different sizes. Basically you can combine it like you want. Every family does it it's own way.

Saurbraten is very tasty. I like it very much.

Did Jews like it too? :)

mord:

--- Quote from: Pheasant on April 06, 2009, 03:25:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: mord on April 06, 2009, 03:21:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You can do all sizes. There are pure dumplings from some sort of wheat, others are from potatoes, some are half and half, some are with onions others with little roasted pieces of white bread.

I have seen dozens of different dumplings in different sizes. Basically you can combine it like you want. Every family does it it's own way.

Saurbraten is very tasty. I like it very much.

Did Jews like it too? :)

--- End quote ---
Yes i love it other Jews i know love it with red cabbage  it's great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version