Author Topic: Rabbi Kahane's classic book "They Must Go" on new English web site!  (Read 8888 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
                                                                                                            בס''ד

Our great member YBY has transcribed the entire classic book of HaRav Meir Kahane ztv"l hy"d, "They Must Go", on a new special web site! Now you can see the great arguments that our beloved Rabbi made in favor of getting the Arabs to leave the Land of Israel.

We owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to YBY for his hard work and his personal expense in putting this together. Reading Rabbi Kahane's great works can change people's lives, G-d willing!

Here is the link, which you should add to your Favorite Places:

www.jewish-e-library.net

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane's classic book "They Must Go" on new English web site!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:16:57 AM »
That's great!  I haven't read this one yet.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:14:45 AM »
This was already widely available as a PDF, which is far more readable than the form it is presented on that website.

Somebody mentioned it on the forum once. 

So I put it on my machine and since it's of public interest, I put it on  www.archive.org

http://www.archive.org/details/RabbiKahanesBooks

You can download and print 4 PDF books here. Good reading over shabbat.

I must say though.. I find listening to Rabbi Kahane far better, and in debates he shines best.  Alot of his books are trying to wake people up analysing news.. But each book has some very interesting philosophical ideas there though, looking at the arab, what he wants. And how generations developed and rebelled against their former ones and against israel, as israel gave them an education and they learnt about revolutions and systems of government, and set up committees, effectively becoming anti-jews.  Using methods of jews against jews. Another book he  looks at the mind of what so often makes a jew leave the fold and go secular..

I just noticed that "Why be jewish" isn't there.. But i'm sure many have it.

He has also written what he rightly firmly called "Sefarim".. all in hebrew.  Ohr HaRayon has been fully translated into english and is available. But it doesn't seem to have been put in electronic form yet, not on the internet anyway.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:39:53 AM by q_q_ »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
Great  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Y.B.Y.

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
I was not aware of the PDF version of the book on www.archive.org.  I have examined it and found that it is in fact far less readable than my version which preserves the original printed layout.  One reason that I did not attempt to render the book in PDF was that Mrs. Kahane, the copyright owner, was concerned that readers would steal the book over the web, and she still receives royalties from the printed version.  Of course, it is possible for the web surfer to download the individual web pages until the complete book is assembled on the hard drive, but this is a tedious process.  However, once viewed, a PDF file can be saved on the hard drive with a single mouse click.  In addition, at www.jewish-e-library.net, the reader is cautioned on the book's title page not to download pages for the foregoing reason.  I think that forum members will enjoy reading the web version of the book on my site which enables the reader to reference any page number with two mouse clicks.  In addition, the full index to the book is reproduced with hyperlinks to the referenced pages.

But this is not a competition. My goal was to allow as many people as possible, especially Israelis, to read the Rabbi's message. This is urgent now in light of the current state of Israeli politics.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »
                                                                                                                  בס''ד

I have looked at both versions, and I agree with YBY that his version is far more readable.

This will enable thousands of people to read the Rabbi's book for the first time, G-d willing, which is something that was certainly not happening with the PDF version. In my opinion, the PDF version would not attract large numbers of readers.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:06:32 AM »
for reading the one page or another, yes..
for attracting people, yes

but once somebody decides he really wants to read the book, then to read the whole book properly, many people don't like reading on a computer screen, they like to print things out, and a PDF is very printable.  and being able to search a text for a word is good too.

the 2 forms have different purposes.

I might take the pdfs down though if rebbetzin kahane doesn't want it.  I think she'd get more money with an option to download for free, and with paypal donations, but I doubt she'd like that 'cos she might feel as if it's like making her into a charity.

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 06:08:52 AM »
This is a must read!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
This is my favourite by the Rav. How can the leftist ignore the painful truth for almost 50 years?? It's pure insanity
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »
for reading the one page or another, yes..
for attracting people, yes

but once somebody decides he really wants to read the book, then to read the whole book properly, many people don't like reading on a computer screen, they like to print things out, and a PDF is very printable.  and being able to search a text for a word is good too.

the 2 forms have different purposes.

I might take the pdfs down though if rebbetzin kahane doesn't want it.  I think she'd get more money with an option to download for free, and with paypal donations, but I doubt she'd like that 'cos she might feel as if it's like making her into a charity.

My problem is the opposite.  I don't like reading on paper. I read better on a screen. Probably because of my eyesight.  The emissive screen is focus better than the reflective paper?

Are those PDF books free to duplicate?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 02:59:24 AM »
I probably shouldn't even have put them on.

you could print extracts though but can get them from YBY's site

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »
  This is good to know, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that this book is available at my local library!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!