Author Topic: Poll... Mccaine ahead 2% in Zogby - Independants loved his 'stunt'  (Read 763 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Poll... Mccaine ahead 2% in Zogby - Independants loved his 'stunt'
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »
He is also now tied on the Gallup poll, AND the Rasmussen.

The very latest poll numbers from John Zogby put John McCain squarely ahead of Barack Obama at 46 percent to 44 percent, respectively.

McCain moved from three percentage points behind Obama to two points ahead of the democratic candidate in less than a week. One possible reason for the boost — McCain’s decision to forego politics as usual to focus on the current financial meltdown. The polling was conducted after McCain’s announcement that he would suspending his campaign.

Independent voters played a key role in the latest figures: McCain now leads with independents by nine points, 43 percent to 34 percent.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
Re: Poll... Mccaine ahead 2% in Zogby - Independants loved his 'stunt'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »

All these polls, national and state, from one day to the next, are making me bipolar.....

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

All these polls, national and state, from one day to the next, are making me bipolar.....

I know.   Just focus on the main ones... as they are more accurate.  The Gallup and Rassmusen are the most reliable.  And they dont swing as wildly as the others.  Zogby is good too.

And ignore the Washington Post... that uses 10% more dems in their 'sample'

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:29:49 PM »
He is also now tied on the Gallup poll, AND the Rasmussen.

The very latest poll numbers from John Zogby put John McCain squarely ahead of Barack Obama at 46 percent to 44 percent, respectively.
McCain moved from three percentage points behind Obama to two points ahead of the democratic candidate in less than a week. One possible reason for the boost — McCain’s decision to forego politics as usual to focus on the current financial meltdown. The polling was conducted after McCain’s announcement that he would suspending his campaign.
Independent voters played a key role in the latest figures: McCain now leads with independents by nine points, 43 percent to 34 percent.

as of 9-25 ...Rassmussen has Hussein up by 3  ...49-46

I like the Zogby poll better ....there is a fat 10 pct undecided.
I am sure its got Bradley effect in it ...

If the BailOut bill passes and Mccain is perceived to have  played a roll in  getting GOP votes  - that would be a plus for Mccain

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »
I opened up my Rasmussen Poll newsletter dated 9/25/08.  This is what it said:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama attracting 49% of the vote while John McCain earns 46%. Other than the bounces related to his convention and speech in Berlin, this is the first time Obama has had 49% support on back-to-back days since early July.  

Re Colorado:

This week in Colorado, it’s Barack Obama with a modest lead over John McCain.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds the Obama attracting 50% of the vote while McCain earns 47% (crosstabs available for Premium Members). A week ago, McCain had a two-point advantage. Over last four Colorado polls, each candidate has had a slight advantage twice and the two men have never been more than three percentage points apart.

Re New Hampshire

New Hampshire: McCain Gains Ground, Holds Two-Point Advantage
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 Email to a Friend
John McCain has gained ground for the third straight month and now holds a slight two-point advantage over Barack Obama in the swing state of New Hampshire.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the Granite State finds McCain attracting 49% of the vote while Obama earns 47%. A month ago, it was Obama by a point.

Re New Hampshire

Senator McCain leads Barack Obama 60% to 39% in Alabama, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of voters in the state.

A month ago the Republican was ahead 55% to 37%. The race has never been closer than 15 points since polling began in April.

Ninety-four percent (94%) of Republicans and 11% of Democrats support McCain, while 85% of Democrats and six percent (6%) of GOP voters back Obama. Unaffiliated voters favor McCain by a whopping 70% to 28% margin (crosstabs available)

Re Alabama:

John McCain now leads Barack Obama 60% to 39% in Alabama, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of voters in the state.

A month ago the Republican was ahead 55% to 37%. The race has never been closer than 15 points since polling began in April.

Re North Carolina:

Barack Obama has a two-point advantage over John McCain in the traditionally Republican state of North Carolina.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the Tar Heel State shows Obama attracting 49% of the vote while McCain earns 47%. A week ago, McCain held a three-point edge. This is the first time in eight Rasmussen Reports polls that Obama has held any kind of a lead in North Carolina, though the candidates were tied once as well.

The candidates have now been within three points of each other in six of the last seven polls. The sole exception came in August when McCain held a four-point advantage. Nationally, the race between Obama and McCain remains close in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.

Ninety-four percent (94%) of Republicans and 11% of Democrats support McCain, while 85% of Democrats and six percent (6%) of GOP voters back Obama. Unaffiliated voters favor McCain by a whopping 70% to 28% margin (crosstabs available for Premium Members).

Part of the Democratic national strategy is to aggressively encourage turnout by African-American voters in the South because of Obama’s historic role as the first black presidential candidate of a major political party. Ninety-eight percent (98%) of black voters in Alabama support Obama, while 81% of whites favor McCain.

Re Maryland

Barack Obama is dominant in Maryland’s presidential race. The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the state finds the Democrat ahead of John McCain by a 60% to 37% margin.

This is the biggest lead the Democrat has held in the state this year. Last month, Obama led 53% to 41%. Maryland has cast its ten electoral votes for Democratic candidates in the last four elections.

This month, Obama leads 57% to 38% among unaffiliated voters in the Old Line State. He also leads McCain 52% to 36% among men and 58% to 37% among women (demographic crosstabs are available for Premium Members). Learn More..

Obama is viewed favorably by 67% of Maryland voters and unfavorably by 32%. McCain’s numbers are less flattering, with 48% who view him favorably and 51% who view him unfavorably.

Re Hawaii

Barack Obama is drawing big support in the state where he was born 47 years ago. The first Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Hawaii shows Obama leading John McCain 68% to 27%.

The Democratic nominee leads 71% to 26% among unaffiliated voters in the state. He’s also ahead by over 30 points among both men and women.

Rasmussen Markets data gives the Democrats a 99.6% chance of carrying Hawaii in November. Hawaii has cast its four electoral college votes for the Democratic presidential candidate in eight of the last 10 elections.

Obama is viewed favorably by an overwhelming 74% of voters, while just 25% view him unfavorably. McCain is viewed favorably by just 36%, while 59% view him unfavorably.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

lol....where is the Lithium :'(   they are driving me crazy.  Lady Lynne de Rothschild, now voting and back Republican John McCain for the first time in her life (voting Rep.,) says she pays attention only on November 4th.  I see Bill Clinton is at it again: saying not nice things again :laugh:and paying compliments to Sen. McCain lol.  Did anyone see it.   Too much info out there, I already forgot what he said.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
I saw that lead by Hussein by 2 over Mccain today in NC

Its disturbing
Either his polling sample is too small
and not representative of the state in terms of demographics ....
or an over representation of Chapel Hill asea or the other colleges

or else its a snapshot of a troublesome situation.

Chapel Hill ...is a hot bed of kool aid drinking, mesmerized
Stepford College kids and workers

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »

lol....where is the Lithium :'(   they are driving me crazy.  Lady Lynne de Rothschild, now voting and back Republican John McCain for the first time in her life (voting Rep.,) says she pays attention only on November 4th.  I see Bill Clinton is at it again: saying not nice things again :laugh:and paying compliments to Sen. McCain lol.  Did anyone see it.   Too much info out there, I already forgot what he said.
Yes!! Clinton was a panic tonight when he stood up for McCain. The Clinton's are playing the  "Rope a Dope" on Obama. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
Look at this garbage. .... at least there is a fat 16 pt undecided
----------------------------
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/fox-news-poll-obama-reclaims-lead-over-mccain-45-to-39/
-----------------------------------------------------------
FOX News Poll - Obama Reclaims Lead of Mccain 45-39

Barack Obama has recaptured the lead — 45 percent to 39 percent — over John McCain in the presidential race, according to a FOX News poll released Wednesday.
As majorities of each party’s faithful back their party nominee, the battle stays focused on that most sought-after group of voters: independents.

These voters, evenly divided between the candidates in August, swung to McCain earlier this month, which gave him his first lead over Obama since April. In this latest poll independents give a slight edge to Obama, though many have moved back into the undecided column.

In addition, the poll shows Obama has improved his position on the most important issue to voters this year — the economy. He is seen as the best candidate to handle the nation’s economy, and more voters also say he would be better at handling the current financial crisis facing the country.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from September 22 to September 23. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

McCain held a 3-point advantage earlier this month immediately after the Republican convention (September 8-9). Before that Obama had a 3-point lead going into the Democratic convention (August 19-20). Looking back as far as a year ago, in head-to-head polling neither candidate has had a lead outside the poll’s margin of sampling error. Obama’s lead today is just at the outside edge of the margin of error.