Author Topic: CEOs who got out before crisis left with millions  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Fonzworth

• Full JTFer
  • How in the hell could israel free Kuntar!!!
CEOs who got out before crisis left with millions
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
And the least to blame are left holding the bag

Stanley O'Neal walked away from Merrill Lynch with a package now worth about $66 million. Less than a year later, the storied investment house was forced into a takeover by Bank of America.
Ken Thompson was ousted from Wachovia in June with a "golden parachute" now worth more than $5 million, and Chuck Prince was forced out at Citigroup with a parting gift now valued at $16 million.

"At many of these companies, there are new CEOs and they didn't cause the problems," said Lynn Turner, former chief accountant at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and now an independent business consultant. (And they are the one's suffering from the fallout)

Meanwhile, the former CEOs who accepted fat severance packages from the banks at the heart of the crisis are long gone.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_bi_ge/bailout_ceo_pay

>:(

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: CEOs who got out before crisis left with millions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »
This makes me so angry. We are witnessing such a crime against humanity of unimaginable proportions.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »
This makes me so angry. We are witnessing such a crime against humanity of unimaginable proportions.

I dont understand why people are so upset. In this country a company has the imperitive to be profitable. To run a profitable company requires good CEOs and they need to recruit the best. So they do and pay them good salaries to cause the companies bottom line to be profitable for the shareholders. What is evil about this? I have no problem with this.

The fact that the company collapses because of economic and political conditions doesnt immediately mean that the CEOs who left and took the deals which was made with them according to their contract. This is not illegal, nor is it immoral.

My brother himself worked for Lehman Brothers and Merril Lynch. He worked hard for those companies and made them profitable. This is why he was so well paid and worked at the top of the World Trade center. He was the Managing Director of a division of Cantor Fitzgerald and he made Millions of dollars a year {much more than I can dream of making}. I dont think it is fair to judge these people so harshly.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:44:32 AM »
Muman, please don't forget that the vast majority of these corrupt, bamboozling CEOs are Jew-hating WASPS (a few are self-hating traitor Jews, too).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:47:21 AM »
Muman, please don't forget that the vast majority of these corrupt, bamboozling CEOs are Jew-hating WASPS (a few are self-hating traitor Jews, too).

CF,

I surely realize that. When I last talked with my father he was saying that my brother got along with several of these WASPy CEOs. My brother was friends with everyone. I dont want to speculate why my brother was taken from us, but there are reasons which I see which explain it to me personally {I will not share them}.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »
Yimach schmo vezichro to Osama bin Laden, and yimach schmo even more to the Saudi-cohabiting U.S. leaders who are letting him get away with it.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:03:45 AM »

Hi again C.F.!

it's no fun working with these people, i mean pigs ;) i had to work with them my whole adult life and it wreaks havoc on your personal life, if you can even maintain one while working for them. 

Self-hating Jews, like Barbara Streisand, sorry to make you nauseaus, but the self-hatred....they are ashamed of being Jewish, is it because they were discriminated against, or they wish they were blonde eyed little shiksas?  where, deep inside themselves, does this come from?  Barbara Streisand came from Brooklyn ..... did it start then because Hollywood is filled with a lot of Jewish execs as you know, who worked with her and helped her build her career.  I can tell you a funny story about her: a cute young guy I knew owned the apt. bldg. I moved into when I first moved to L.A.  He also owned the neighborhood bar and owned the land where the fancy store Kreiss is.  The owner of the land Kreiss leases the property on said this to Babs when she demanded!!! a discount: "Get the h*ll out of my store!"  Same thing happened on Cape Cod.  She pulled the same thing and they told her to leave. 

So where does someone like her, who doesn't like who she looks at in the mirror (pardon me while i barf,) it's understandable, but it goes beyond looks, doesn't it?  Sarah Palin is beautiful and she's not all screwed up.  My point is, if you have to look at yourself in the mirror every day, you can't hate what you see.  Is it the looks that make Barbara Streisand such a pain in the ***?  What is it that creates the self-hatred of being Jewish.

Best,
J.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »

I dont understand why people are so upset. In this country a company has the imperitive to be profitable. To run a profitable company requires good CEOs and they need to recruit the best. So they do and pay them good salaries to cause the companies bottom line to be profitable for the shareholders. What is evil about this? I have no problem with this.

The fact that the company collapses because of economic and political conditions doesnt immediately mean that the CEOs who left and took the deals which was made with them according to their contract. This is not illegal, nor is it immoral.

My brother himself worked for Lehman Brothers and Merril Lynch. He worked hard for those companies and made them profitable. This is why he was so well paid and worked at the top of the World Trade center. He was the Managing Director of a division of Cantor Fitzgerald and he made Millions of dollars a year {much more than I can dream of making}. I dont think it is fair to judge these people so harshly.

muman613

Muman, 

With all due respect I don't think you have a clue what's happening here. It's highway robbery. They are taking MY and YOUR money right now, right out of our pockets to cover bad loans that the CEO and the government KNEW would not be repaid.  They sold off those bad loans for a huge profit to foreign corporations. As if that's not enough, now they want double their money by having the Federal Reserve print more money out of thin air FURTHER killing our economies chances of survival and ensuring massive inflation for all us hardworking people in the future.

And that's not all! Even though we are being forced to enrich these people further, when we have almost nothing left to give they want to RAISE taxes so we should have to PAY FOR OUR OWN ROBBERY!!!

I am sure your brother was not one of these types. But I'm telling you that the people at the top of these organizations are nothing less and nothing more than white collar criminals along with their enablers in the Fed. The proportions of the harm they have caused to so many families is beyond my grasp at this time.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.