Author Topic: Tzedekah Time  (Read 898 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Tzedekah Time
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:02:56 AM »
Shalom,

It is well known that during this time of judgment three things bring about a softening of the judgment. These three things are:

• Teshuva [Return]
  • Tefillah [Prayer]
  • Tzedakah [Charity]

http://www.pirkeavos.com/2007/chapter-1-mishna-2-the-three-pillars/
TZEDAKAH - RIGHTEOUSNESS

The word tzedakah is often translated as “charity.” It is anything but. Tzedakah is “righteousness” — doing the right thing.

How are you supposed to react to other people? Ayn Rand and the Objectivists held that the needs of others create no obligation on your part. This is a very un-Jewish idea. Torah demands that we be other-centered.

We are required to look at other human beings, try to understand what they are lacking, and endeavor to help them. One of the worst mistakes is to turn a blind eye and become insensitive to the suffering of others.

At its highest level, tzedakah requires us to “understand” another human being: Who is he? What does he lack? How can I help him fulfill his role in life? Then I need to act.

I have written a short explanation of the numerous mitzvahs from our holy Torah which oblige a Jew to give to the poor and needy. It is also meritorious to give to institutes which further Torah learning.

http://mytorah.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/tzedekka-charity/

I pray that everyone who reads this is in a position where they can afford to give to others. I have been blessed with abundance and see my obligation to give back what I can.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Tzedekah Time
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »
                                                                                                            בס''ד

1. The main charity for JTFers should be JTF. No one is doing more to reach Israeli Jews with the truth than JTF. No one accomplishes more with so little money than JTF.

But most importantly, if we do not succeed in becoming a mass movement G-d forbid, the entire Jewish people will face a potential catastrophe. Because there is no voice of truth and uncompromising commitment to principle in Israel today other than our movement. And no one else is offering real solutions to the dangers that threaten Jews with another holocaust.

2. I removed a post by Tzvi for a "Torah" site that refuses to accept our videos because we have a picture of Rabbi Meir Kahane in the videos. This site refuses to accept videos that mention Rabbi Kahane in any way but they have videos from numerous wealthy rabbis who have wealthy congregations that live in America - which is a complete violation of Torah.

The chutzpah of that site to tell us that they will only accept our videos if I remove Rabbi Kahane's picture and do not mention Rabbi Kahane! How dare they! These people could not shine Rabbi Kahane's shoes.

I will NEVER remove the picture of my holy rabbi and I will NEVER stop quoting and praising him!

Because of this, we are not allowed on that site, and I therefore will not permit any mention of that cowardly site on this forum until they change their disgusting position. Even the leftist anti-religious sites of Flix and Tapuz allow hundreds of our videos to be posted, but this "Torah" site demands that we wipe out any memory of the greatest Jewish leader in modern Jewish history G-d forbid.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »
                                                                                                            בס''ד

1. The main charity for JTFers should be JTF. No one is doing more to reach Israeli Jews with the truth than JTF. No one accomplishes more with so little money than JTF.

But most importantly, if we do not succeed in becoming a mass movement G-d forbid, the entire Jewish people will face a potential catastrophe. Because there is no voice of truth and uncompromising commitment to principle in Israel today other than our movement. And no one else is offering real solutions to the dangers that threaten Jews with another holocaust.

2. I removed a post by Tzvi for a "Torah" site that refuses to accept our videos because we have a picture of Rabbi Meir Kahane in the videos. This site refuses to accept videos that mention Rabbi Kahane in any way but they have videos from numerous wealthy rabbis who have wealthy congregations that live in America - which is a complete violation of Torah.

The chutzpah of that site to tell us that they will only accept our videos if I remove Rabbi Kahane's picture and do not mention Rabbi Kahane! How dare they! These people could not shine Rabbi Kahane's shoes.

I will NEVER remove the picture of my holy rabbi and I will NEVER stop quoting and praising him!

Because of this, we are not allowed on that site, and I therefore will not permit any mention of that cowardly site on this forum until they change their disgusting position. Even the leftist anti-religious sites of Flix and Tapuz allow hundreds of our videos to be posted, but this "Torah" site demands that we wipe out any memory of the greatest Jewish leader in modern Jewish history G-d forbid.

Chaim,

I am sorry that it is like this but the site is doing a lot of good. I just donated to that site and I will see if there is anything I can do to change this policy. You must be able to understand that to some people our movement is a bit right of center. None the less, what we are doing must be done and eventually the majority of the Jewish people will know that we are on the right path. By cursing them or harboring animosity I dont think we accomplish our goal of bringing the Jewish people together into the promised Holy land. By working with them, giving to them, and showing our deep seated belief in Jewish Unity and Jewish Strength we will accomplish the holy mission which Rabbi Kahane has awakened in us.

I dont agree that JTF should be the only charity we give to. There are many great organizations which help Jews all over the world. It is a Jews responsibility to help Jews everywhere with whatever they need.

muman613

PS: I guess I aught to get some money to JTF soon... I dont want to miss this opportunity.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
                                                                                                                בס''ד

We raise much less money than all of these other groups, but we do much more than they do. So it's wrong to tell JTFers to give to other groups when most JTFers still do not give to JTF. The best charity you can give to, if you want to help Israel and the Jewish people, is JTF.

You opened up a thread urging people to give to various things and you never even mentioned JTF. I am here to say that giving to JTF is far more useful and a far greater mitzvah. There are other good causes, but none is as good as JTF. For the amount of money we have, we reach far more people and most of all, our message is the only hope of saving Israel from disaster G-d forbid.

Your suggestion that I "cursed" this other site is not true. I never cursed anyone. But I will not be silent when they ban the very mention of Rabbi Meir Kahane. That is a disgusting and cowardly position, and I question their sincerity as Jews when they adopt such a position. No one who disrespects my martyred rabbi is going to do fundraising on this forum.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »
                                                                                                                בס''ד

We raise much less money than all of these other groups, but we do much more than they do. So it's wrong to tell JTFers to give to other groups when most JTFers still do not give to JTF. The best charity you can give to, if you want to help Israel and the Jewish people, is JTF.

You opened up a thread urging people to give to various things and you never even mentioned JTF. I am here to say that giving to JTF is far more useful and a far greater mitzvah. There are other good causes, but none is as good as JTF. For the amount of money we have, we reach far more people and most of all, our message is the only hope of saving Israel from disaster G-d forbid.

Your suggestion that I "cursed" this other site is not true. I never cursed anyone. But I will not be silent when they ban the very mention of Rabbi Meir Kahane. That is a disgusting and cowardly position, and I question their sincerity as Jews when they adopt such a position. No one who disrespects my martyred rabbi is going to do fundraising on this forum.

Chaim,

Heaven knows that I respect you and Rabbi Kahane very much. I am very sorry that I neglected to mention JTF as a good cause to donate for. I will update my blog to rectify this omission.

I am sorry if I implied that you cursed them. You are correct that you have not.

I hope that we can increase the support from the entire nation of Israel scattered throughout the world. I definitely appreciate the great work you do in realizing the goals of Rabbi Kahane. In the short time I have learned about the movement you have made me a believer.

muman613