Author Topic: Ann Coulter Page?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Ann Coulter Page?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
What's with the Ann Coulter bashing all of a sudden? Why are we all attacking the one media personality who is staunchly defending John McCain and Sarah Palin? Who cares if she wants every single person on earth to convert to voodoo, Zoroastrianism, earth-worship, or whatever? She didn't voice any hatred whatsoever--she just gave her opinion. This happened over a year ago, from a woman whose entire career is built upon crazy, shocking statements. Are we not mature enough to consider the source?

Do you all really prefer Debbie Hussy--who just three days ago had the audacity to type that Joe Biden is better for the Jews than Palin? Would you all prefer obvious Obama surrogates like her, Savage, Buchanus, etc. to a personality who is actually telling people the right thing, on this issue?

This whole current argument is beyond absurd.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
What's with the Ann Coulter bashing all of a sudden? Why are we all attacking the one media personality who is staunchly defending John McCain and Sarah Palin? Who cares if she wants every single person on earth to convert to voodoo, Zoroastrianism, earth-worship, or whatever? She didn't voice any hatred whatsoever--she just gave her opinion. This happened over a year ago, from a woman whose entire career is built upon crazy, shocking statements. Are we not mature enough to consider the source?

Do you all really prefer Debbie Hussy--who just three days ago had the audacity to type that Joe Biden is better for the Jews than Palin? Would you all prefer obvious Obama surrogates like her, Savage, Buchanus, etc. to a personality who is actually telling people the right thing, on this issue?

This whole current argument is beyond absurd.
CF, the bottom line is that she slandered the Jewish people, I agree with much of what she says, but she needs to be called out on her comments. I think it would show ignorance and turn Jews off if we kept the pro- Coulter page up. I don't think we should attack her, but I also think we should not openly show support for someone who uncouthly slander our Allies, the Jewish people.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
CF, the bottom line is that she slandered the Jewish people, I agree with much of what she says, but she needs to be called out on her comments. I think it would show ignorance and turn Jews off if we kept the pro- Coulter page up. I don't think we should attack her, but I also think we should not openly show support for someone who uncouthly slander our Allies, the Jewish people.

Alot of jews were not offended.  Liberals were most offended.

And be careful not to throw words around.

slander   
"a false spoken statement about someone which damages their reputation, or the making of such a statement"

She did not do so.  Unless you want to call her religious beliefs "false statements".

And she did not damage the reputation of any jews or anybody else.   

If anything she damaged her own reputation, but nobody elses.

Infact, her religious beliefs stated in that program are about the most philo-semitic christian beliefs I have ever heard.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »

Alot of jews were not offended.  Liberals were most offended.

And be careful not to throw words around.

slander   
"a false spoken statement about someone which damages their reputation, or the making of such a statement"

She did not do so.  Unless you want to call her religious beliefs "false statements".

And she did not damage the reputation of any jews or anybody else.   

If anything she damaged her own reputation, but nobody elses.

Infact, her religious beliefs stated in that program are about the most philo-semitic christian beliefs I have ever heard.

I think she needs 're-education' and quick. This woman just says things which [censored] me off more than any so called conservative talking head. I wish she would just go away, stick her head in the sand and wilt.

She besmirched the 9/11 widows shortly after 9/11 and since then I have considered her a dodo bird waiting for extinction. Then she had to besmirch the Jewish religious by claiming that Jews are 'imperfect' and the only way to salvation is through the false messiah. I personally think that any Xtian who listens to that is just continuing that anti-semitic candard which I heard from a xtian friend that "Jews are going to hell". In my mind I feel most who don't accept Hashem as the one and only force in the world are looking forward to a long, hot stay in the bad place... And this includes Ms. Couty

muman613

PS: are you a master of slander q_q_?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »
I think she needs 're-education' and quick. This woman just says things which [censored] me off more than any so called conservative talking head. I wish she would just go away, stick her head in the sand and wilt.

She besmirched the 9/11 widows shortly after 9/11 and since then I have considered her a dodo bird waiting for extinction. Then she had to besmirch the Jewish religious by claiming that Jews are 'imperfect' and the only way to salvation is through the false messiah. I personally think that any Xtian who listens to that is just continuing that anti-semitic candard which I heard from a xtian friend that "Jews are going to hell". In my mind I feel most who don't accept Hashem as the one and only force in the world are looking forward to a long, hot stay in the bad place... And this includes Ms. Couty

muman613

That's quite a slimy question in your "PS".

As i'm sure you know.

Because "Yes" could imply that I am a master of slandering people, and "No" could imply that I don't know what slander is.

You don't really go for honest discussion ever anyway.

Anyhow, what PJC was saying, was that ann coulter was slandering jews.

And that was the point that I dealt with.  Regarding whether she was or wasn't.

Of course, you said there that all christians are going to hell.. You just say it deceitfully by clever use of words.  Ann Coulter is blunt and honest.. Maybe that's why you don't like her.

oh, and you very blatantly send atheists to hell too, but that's easy to do here, because there aren't many here. You get by saying that without disturbing "peace", so you say it.  Things are peaceful, this is an internet forum, we are tapping on a keyboard.  You should consider Truth you know.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:13:01 PM by q_q_ »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »

muman613

As i'm sure you know.

Because "Yes" could imply that I am a master of slandering people, and "No" could imply that I don't know what slander is.

Of course, you said there that all christians are going to hell.. You just say it deceitfully by clever use of words.  Ann Coulter is blunt and honest.. Maybe that's why you don't like her.

oh, and you very blatantly send atheists to hell too, but that's easy to do here, because there aren't many here. You get by saying that without disturbing "peace", so you say it.  Things are peaceful, this is an internet forum, we are tapping on a keyboard.  You should consider Truth you know.
q_q_,

I am simply pointing out that in a recent thread you accused me of slandering someone when I did nothing of the sort. I simply reposted an article which points out that the person in question has some questionable ties to antisemites, and this is 100% true. I just find it interesting you like the word 'slander' so much so I assumed that it is your area of specialty... ;)

muman613

PS: I also made sure to include in my posting that I was simply expressing "MY OPINION" and not stating fact. People like Coulter really tick me off and I wish she was knocked off her high horse.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »

muman613

As i'm sure you know.

What are you saying about Christians going to hell?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 05:24:02 PM »

muman613

As i'm sure you know.

PJC,

I take the words of Torah to my heart. Hashem wants us, especially the Jewish people, to recognize his UNITY and MASTERY of the entire world. In Judaism there is NO OTHER. Our Torah is clear about this and I believe it to my soul. When I was young a friend of ours said "Jews are going to Hell" and that is what they learned in their Sunday school. It affected me a great deal and I have since grown to resent that idea. When people like Coulter say things like "Jews are imperfected xtians" a reflex is started and I start to wish that those who dont believe in Hashem being the only force in the universe  will be the ones learning about it in gehinnom. We dont believe in Hell like the other religions.

I dont want to bring this question into this argument. I dont have any hard feelings for any other faith but just when they push against my faith do I react in a defensive way.

muman613

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »

muman613

As i'm sure you know.

PJC,

I take the words of Torah to my heart. Hashem wants us, especially the Jewish people, to recognize his UNITY and MASTERY of the entire world. In Judaism there is NO OTHER. Our Torah is clear about this and I believe it to my soul. When I was young a friend of ours said "Jews are going to Hell" and that is what they learned in their Sunday school. It affected me a great deal and I have since grown to resent that idea. When people like Coulter say things like "Jews are imperfected xtians" a reflex is started and I start to wish that those who dont believe in Hashem being the only force in the universe  will be the ones learning about it in gehinnom. We dont believe in Hell like the other religions.

I dont want to bring this question into this argument. I dont have any hard feelings for any other faith but just when they push against my faith do I react in a defensive way.

muman613

Muman, I could respond to you in untasteful manner but I am better than that. I have showed nothing but respect and support of Judaism. I expect the same from you. I have exclaimed before that I like to practice my religion and I do not like to debate it. I resent your comments about my faith. Please, do not cause tension on the forum between Christians and Jews. This is the last thing we need especially with election day approaching us. BTW it's CHRISTIANS not Xtians!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
<snip>

I didn't

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 05:45:03 PM »
IF Barack Hussein said what Ann COultier said, nobody would be trying to make up for his stupidity and bigotry.   She is a mekhashefah.   If anyone is imperfect it is her.  Any person who endorses Hillary Clinton and claims that us Jews are imperfect people who need to be saved by the "perfect" Christians ais a real slimebag in my book.  Why are people so gullible as to believe somone who plays conservative when her real self is exposed?  The one by the way has slept/date with many liberal men, it seems to be her preference.   Soon, I will here her say, "Why did you kill my Jesus?  Oh its ok you did not know better."  Maybe I should ask her, if she is so perfect, how come her so-called perfected CHristian people, murdered millions of Jews.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
q_q_,

I am simply pointing out that in a recent thread you accused me of slandering someone when I did nothing of the sort. I simply reposted an article which points out that the person in question has some questionable ties to antisemites, and this is 100% true. I just find it interesting you like the word 'slander' so much so I assumed that it is your area of specialty... ;)

You asked me if I was a master of slander, which wasn't pointing anything out.  

Why bother discussing that thread again.. you moved one of them into the administrators section anyway so it's not available anymore...

You had no intention of discussing that again anyway..

PS: I also made sure to include in my posting that I was simply expressing "MY OPINION" and not stating fact. People like Coulter really tick me off and I wish she was knocked off her high horse.

yes, i've noticed that you don't state facts.  

though in the chamish case you said you didn't have any and didn't want any.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »
Muman,

With all due respect you are mistaken here. In the past, you have said some unkind things about Christianity, and as far as I know you haven't apologized. Ann did not insult Judaism. She rather foolishly expressed her opinion of its relationship to Christianity, but she did not attack or denigrate it. Let's pretend that Ann said something even more outlandish: "Raelians are completed Jews, and I feel that Jews should all convert to Raelianism (the alien cloning cult), because that would make them the ultimate Jews." Would even that make her an anti-Semite? No. Would it make her anti-Christian if she said she hoped Christians would convert to Hinduism? No. The lady is entitled to her opinions (which I think are intended solely for shock and ratings, but I digress). As long as she is not insulting anyone's faith, I can't muster up hate for her.

If you want to call her a rabblerouser and publicity hog--that is another thing, but I don't see any means by which she can be called a Jew-hater, by any stretch. PJC is right on this topic. Debbie Schlussel has said much, much worse. She is telling everybody that Biden is more pro-Israel than Sarah Palin is. Are you going to defend that?

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
Muman,

With all due respect you are mistaken here. In the past, you have said some unkind things about Christianity, and as far as I know you haven't apologized. Ann did not insult Judaism. She rather foolishly expressed her opinion of its relationship to Christianity, but she did not attack or denigrate it. Let's pretend that Ann said something even more outlandish: "Raelians are completed Jews, and I feel that Jews should all convert to Raelianism (the alien cloning cult), because that would make them the ultimate Jews." Would even that make her an anti-Semite? No. Would it make her anti-Christian if she said she hoped Christians would convert to Hinduism? No. The lady is entitled to her opinions (which I think are intended solely for shock and ratings, but I digress). As long as she is not insulting anyone's faith, I can't muster up hate for her.

If you want to call her a rabblerouser and publicity hog--that is another thing, but I don't see any means by which she can be called a Jew-hater, by any stretch. PJC is right on this topic. Debbie Schlussel has said much, much worse. She is telling everybody that Biden is more pro-Israel than Sarah Palin is. Are you going to defend that?

She said Christians are perfected Jews and that we are lost in the Torah.  How can any Jewish Task Force who supports Israel and Jewish people support such a fool.  Yes, she is insulting us by saying we are imperfect, but her people are perfected.  Especially, when Christians have been responsible for the death of so many Jews.

No offense to you good Christians, I am referring to the arrogant, hard headed , Jew hating ones who spread the garbage , that us Jews are inferior , Christ killers. 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »
She said Christians are perfected Jews and that we are lost in the Torah.  How can any Jewish Task Force who supports Israel and Jewish people support such a fool.  Yes, she is insulting us by saying we are imperfect, but her people are perfected.  Especially, when Christians have been responsible for the death of so many Jews.

No offense to you good Christians, I am referring to the arrogant, hard headed , Jew hating ones who spread the garbage , that us Jews are inferior , Christ killers. 

You are are a totally illogical rambler..

What she said is no more offensive than the fact that -some- rabbis are of the belief that christianity is idolatry.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »

You are are a totally illogical rambler..

What she said is no more offensive than the fact that -some- rabbis are of the belief that christianity is idolatry.

q_q_,
What is wrong is that she said it in a public forum which is watched by Jews. I can care less what the pope thinks... It is wrong to offend the Jewish people on a public forum. I am amazed that you dont understand the difference.

muman613

PS: I see you attacking anyone who doesnt agree with you once again. This proves my point about you.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »
q_q_,
What is wrong is that she said it in a public forum which is watched by Jews. I can care less what the pope thinks... It is wrong to offend the Jewish people on a public forum. I am amazed that you dont understand the difference.

muman613

PS: I see you attacking anyone who doesnt agree with you once again. This proves my point about you.

And look at what you said on a public forum,  on this one, in this thread, and without even being asked. Now what you said was offensive.   Blatantly so.  As we have seen from responses.

And you've made statements like that at least three times in the brief time you've been here. As one can see from responses to you there.

Of course, you say I "Attack" those that disagree with me.. Well, it's a shame that i've beaten you up so badly that you can't give any sensible response.  What's the matter? Arthritis in the fingers?
You seem to be typing quite  a bit, but look , no facts. So your fingers aren't the problem.

Have I attacked your brain from across the atlantic?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
<snip>
Muman, I could respond to you in untasteful manner but I am better than that. I have showed nothing but respect and support of Judaism. I expect the same from you. I have exclaimed before that I like to practice my religion and I do not like to debate it. I resent your comments about my faith. Please, do not cause tension on the forum between Christians and Jews. This is the last thing we need especially with election day approaching us. BTW it's CHRISTIANS not Xtians!

It is good that you mean well, supporting jews against ann coulter's remark.
though I think you are overreacting to it.

But don't make the mistake of thinking that Ann Coulter was being discourteous, and Muman is guilty of the same.. (you say that you have shown nothing but respect and support of judaism and expect the same..  This suggests that you think jews should object to equivalent comments about christianity)

What Muman did, was make his offensive statement -without even being asked-!!
He did it out of the blue for no reason. On a forum of jews and christians that work together.

What Ann Coulter did, was state a classic christian belief. *She Was Asked*. And she responded honestly. 

Just as if you were to ask me what the jewish view of christianity is. Then even if it were 100% negative.. (and it isn't, I think it is largely positive).  But even if it was 100% negative. Suppose it was that all christians are going to hell (and no jewish belief says anything like that). But if that was the case, then it's HARMLESS.  And you should not take offence to that.   IF ASKED then there is nothing wrong with answering. Whatever the answer is. And as I said, it's harmless.

And furthermore, in the case of Ann Coulter. A)she was asked B)She was stating classic christian belief.     Not her opinion.   Don't expect her to compromise on her beliefs.  Just as I wouldn't want a christian to knock on my door and expect me to compromise mine   C)She was straight/honest.

So iven A,B and C, don't make a comparison between her comment and Muman's..
(you did really make that comparison by you talking about reaction to them as you did)

you are being over zealous in criticising ann coulter so much over this. Infact you may be being a bit of a self hating christian attacking ann over this! We should be more accepting of theological differences even and especially on matters such as hell that we can do nothing about. It doesn't mean that these things are meant with any malice.  I'm sure many christians are very upset with the reality of their beliefs that they think jews go to hell.. But they can't do anything about it. They don't make the rules. They understand that.. And I can easily understand their situation. They aren't bad for -having to- believe that as an inescapable conclusion or part of their theology. And the belief doesn't hurt anybody. It's not like "I want to smash budda idols", like the muslims believe/do.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:00:10 PM by q_q_ »

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 07:39:08 PM »
<snip>

It is good that you mean well, supporting jews against ann coulter's remark.
though I think you are overreacting to it.

But don't make the mistake of thinking that Ann Coulter was being discourteous, and Muman is guilty of the same.. (you say that you have shown nothing but respect and support of judaism and expect the same..  This suggests that you think jews should object to equivalent comments about christianity)

What Muman did, was make his offensive statement -without even being asked-!!
He did it out of the blue for no reason. On a forum of jews and christians that work together.

What Ann Coulter did, was state a classic christian belief. *She Was Asked*. And she responded honestly. 

Just as if you were to ask me what the jewish view of christianity is. Then even if it were 100% negative.. (and it isn't, I think it is largely positive).  But even if it was 100% negative. Suppose it was that all christians are going to hell (and no jewish belief says anything like that). But if that was the case, then it's HARMLESS.  And you should not take offence to that.   IF ASKED then there is nothing wrong with answering. Whatever the answer is. And as I said, it's harmless.

And furthermore, in the case of Ann Coulter. A)she was asked B)She was stating classic christian belief.     Not her opinion.   Don't expect her to compromise on her beliefs.  Just as I wouldn't want a christian to knock on my door and expect me to compromise mine   C)She was straight/honest.

So iven A,B and C, don't make a comparison between her comment and Muman's..
(you did really make that comparison by you talking about reaction to them as you did)

you are being over zealous in criticising ann coulter so much over this. Infact you may be being a bit of a self hating christian attacking ann over this! We should be more accepting of theological differences even and especially on matters such as hell that we can do nothing about. It doesn't mean that these things are meant with any malice.  I'm sure many christians are very upset with the reality of their beliefs that they think jews go to hell.. But they can't do anything about it. They don't make the rules. They understand that.. And I can easily understand their situation. They aren't bad for -having to- believe that as an inescapable conclusion or part of their theology. And the belief doesn't hurt anybody. It's not like "I want to smash budda idols", like the muslims believe/do.
I condemn Rabbis who insult Christianity and Christians who insult Judaism. Bottom line.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:35 PM »
I condemn Rabbis who insult Christianity and Christians who insult Judaism. Bottom line.

suppose a person believes his religion is true, and so, other religions, false.

so somebody is asked what they believe about another religion, and they say - christianity is false.  Or, judaism is false.

In your eyes, is that an insult to christianity or judaism?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »
Ann Coulter is attractive enough to get onto the television, so she's not bad.

Rosie Odonald is on TV..

a comedian though.. that is a route ugly women get to TV .  roseanne barr is another. In britain we've had Joe Brand..  Don't post a picture of her here. She's like Roseanne's  uglier sister.  Also a comedian though. Not a person that appears on news programs.

btw, these are just general rules, and I haven't seen much american tv..
I know that the female news  reporters and female guests they have on to speak tend to be attractive, not ugly.

regarding Rosie, she is not funny, but rather stupid.  although she did a hysterical imitation of Donald Trump, that was a riot, she made an enemy of him and he anniliated her.  saying Rosie is "ugly" is a compliment.  she was standing next to me in line at The Nike Store, without a stitch of make-up she's so lovely, she doesn't need any [where is the barf bag,] she was/is the most hideous thing i've ever seen in my entire life.  she looks even worse in person :fright:

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
#1) It is against the forum rules to attack the members of this forum. I will not tolerate this. We have so many important things to do and taking cheap pot shots at one another is not one of them.

#2) It is also against the forum rules to attack the wonderful Christian members of this forum. There is no need to write "xtian" since the term "christ" is only a Roman word meaning a person who is anointed. We don't even write "xslam" or "xslum" and those are people who want us dead. It is insulting to write like this for the Christian members and I can completely understand why they would have a problem with this. Obviously, we believe different things and people are going to be people but this is a historic time where the Jewish people and the Christians are working together to fight for their very lives and it's nothing short of a miracle. They have every right to help us and not worry about being treated with disrespect. Is the movement important to you or not? Because I believe that it's selfish to fight like this.

#3) It is also against the forum rules to attack Judaism or condemn Rabbis who love Hashem on this forum. Not everyone is at the same place you are and to pass broad sweeping judgments hurts our cause and places a very negative stigmatization on the Jewish people. I will not allow this. I love Hashem, I love the Torah, and I love the Jewish people. I would give my life for them.

We have to remember that there are lives at stake. This is not a joke or something to be taken lightly. What we are doing is one of the most important things a person could do. We need to fight our enemies and stop fighting ourselves. I just don't have the time - though I wish I did - to handle petty arguments or fights.

This happens from time to time and from both sides. I understand... we are human. But please put your differences aside and, instead, spend your time helping us become a mass movement so we don't have to live in fear or fear for our children.

I have locked this thread.

-Shlomo
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim