Author Topic: ORCA WHINEFRY GETS SUED  (Read 429 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
ORCA WHINEFRY GETS SUED
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »
Ex-Headmistress of School Sues Oprah for Defamation
Monday, October 06, 2008

AP

Oprah Winfrey

PHILADELPHIA —  The ex-headmistress of Oprah Winfrey's school for girls in South Africa sued the TV talk show host for defamation, claiming Winfrey falsely suggested she tried to cover up abuse at the school.

In widely reported remarks last year, Winfrey suggested that Nomvuyo Mzamane, 39, of Philadelphia, knew about alleged abuse by a dorm matron and tried to cover it up, Mzamane says in the lawsuit.

Her lawsuit, filed in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court on Friday, seeks more than $250,000 on five defamation and related counts from Winfrey and her production company.

"The thing that hurt my client the most was when Oprah said, 'I thought she cared about the girls of South Africa,"' said Mzamane's lawyer, Timothy McGowan. "It was devastating. She loved those girls."

A spokeswoman for Winfrey says the company has not seen the suit and plans no immediate comment.

Former dorm matron Tiny Virginia Makopo, 28, is charged with abusing six students at the $40 million school for poor girls that Winfrey built. Makopo allegedly tried to kiss and fondle the victims and is also accused of kicking and hitting some of them.

Related
Stories
Britney Spears Aces 'How I Met Your Mother' Cameo
Michael Jackson's Neverland Foreclosed; Auction Date Set
Makopo has pleaded innocent to 14 charges of indecent assault, assault and criminal injury. Her trial is scheduled to resume later this month in South Africa.

Mzamane, a native of Teyateneneng, Lesotho, came to the United States for college and graduate school. She previously held a leadership post at the Germantown Friends School, a Quaker school in Philadelphia.

Winfrey learned of her background and recruited her in late 2006 to run the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls near Johannesburg. Mzamane worked at the school from about January 2007 through October 2007, when she learned, during a meeting with Winfrey in Chicago, that allegations of sexual and physical abuse had surfaced and she was being put on leave.

Her contract, which paid about $150,000 a year, was not renewed after December. She now is back in Philadelphia, but cannot find work in her field because Winfrey's remarks about her are easily found on the Internet, McGowan said.

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: ORCA WHINEFRY GETS SUED
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:17:39 AM »
good.  hate that fat b*tch.  she's the one that shoved Barry Hussein Obama down our throats.  this is the 2nd time she's had trouble w/that girls' school.  why didn't she build a school in the USA?  she can do whatever she likes with her money is the common sentiment, however, i find it most offensive, a $25K toilet seat for her fat a** and flaunting her enormous wealth to her zombie followers who have placed themselves in debt trying to emulate their idol, buying their kids $2K Chanel bags, every gadget endorsed by that Fat Bag of Wind when she does one of her dumb shows on "my favorite things."  she looks terrible in those $100,000 dresses, dripping in million dollar jewelry, during the daytime, which is quite tacky and again, flaunting it in front of women who can't even fill their gas tanks.  remember her insult to Sarah Palin, "I will not be interviewing Sarah Palin," who gives a $hit?  It is presumptuous of that heffa to assume Governor Palin would appear on an entertainment show and not a serious news show. 

ETA:  I'm fuming right now and didn't notice you called "it" ORCA :::D