Author Topic: Evil Israeli police attack Jews but not moslems in acco  (Read 493 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Evil Israeli police attack Jews but not moslems in acco
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1027942.html   

Three Jewish rioters hurt, Arab home set ablaze as Acre violence resumes 

By Jack Khoury, Jonathan Lis, Fadi Eyadat and Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondents 

Tags: Acre, Yom Kippur, Israel News   

Three Jewish rioters sustained minor injuries Saturday evening as violence between Jewish and Arab residents of the northern city of Acre raged for a fourth consecutive day.

Arab residents hurled rocks at a group of Jews from one of the homes in the eastern neighborhood, causing the injuries.

Meanwhile, Jewish rioters set fire to a home owned by an Arab family, after having set fire to two houses the previous night. Large firefighting teams and police forces arrived at the scene in efforts to quell the riots.
 Advertisement

The violence flared up again despite efforts by police officials and Arab representatives to calm the aggressions. Earlier Saturday, the city's Arab leaders met with senior police officials and both sides decided to renounce all acts of violence and intimidation. The police were planning to convene representatives of the Jewish sector as well in order to convey the condemnation of violence.

The riots initially erupted around midnight on Wednesday on the eve of the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, when an Arab resident drove his car through a predominantly Jewish neighborhood, allegedly playing loud music in what Jewish residents called a deliberate provocation.

Much of Israel routinely shuts down for the Yom Kippur holiday, considered the holiest religious holiday in the Jewish faith. Most streets are empty, save for emergency vehicles.

The driver denied entering the neighborhood as a provocation, telling reporters he drove "slowly and carefully" to pick up his daughter from her fiance's home.

A group of Jewish residents then proceeded to assault the driver, sparking large-scale riots that lasted well into Saturday.

Israeli Arab MK and Acre resident Abbas Zakour said Saturday that representatives of the Arab public were set to publicly renounce the acts of the man who drove into a Jewish neighborhood on Yom Kippur, "even if he didn't intend to disrespect the Jews," in efforts to end the clashes. Zakour added that the man should have thought of other ways to get home other than driving through a Jewish neighborhood.

Public figures from both the Arab and Jewish sectors were planning to meet in Acre's old city Saturday evening in efforts to reach an agreement, and consequently issue a joint request to the city's mayor to reverse his decision to cancel the upcoming theater festival, held annually in the city over the Sukkot holiday.

Earlier Saturday, police forces securing the area arrested four rioters after two Arab-owned apartments were torched in the city. Two of those arrested were subsequently released due to their young age.

Riots renewed late Saturday with residents briefly hurling stones at one another before police forces restored calm.

Meanwhile, Jewish hackers broke into a Hebrew-language Web site, smearing incitement calls against Arabs and urging Jews to boycott Arab-owned businesses.

So far in the rioting, some 40 shops and 100 cars have been damaged. Around 30 people have been arrested, 20 of whom are still in custody.

On Friday, dozens of Jewish rioters gathered in front of an Israeli Arab family's home on the city's Ahad Ha'am street, upon which a number of masked figures - apparently Arabs - were standing.

Large police forces succeeded in separating the sides, and later managed to enforce calm in the city, according to Israel Radio.

Earlier Friday, Public Security Minister Avi Dichter vowed that police would deal firmly with those responsible for inciting Wednesday night's riots.

"The inciters and perpetrators will be located and brought to justice," Dichter pledged.

He also blasted both Jews and Muslims for the incitement that led to the escalation of the riots. "We will check the calls in Mosques for the Arab public to go out onto the streets," Dichter said.

The minister stressed that comparing the riots to Kristallnacht - the 1938 "Night of Broken Glass" Nazi pogrom - displayed in the best case ignorance and in the worst, incitement.

He said: "Calls [by Jews] for residents to carry arms is in effect incitement for its own sake."

An Israel Police source said on Thursday that the police had no prior intelligence about the possibility of clashes between Jewish and Arab residents.

On Thursday evening, police faced off against hundreds of Jewish rioters chanting "death to Arabs" and trying to block the city's main thoroughfare. Border Police and officers on horse-back meanwhile tried to prevent the rioters from reaching the city center, where hundreds of Arab rioters had gathered.
Arabs and Jews hurled rocks at each other at the Acre train station and police used water hoses and tear gas to disperse them. In the Old City, Arabs threw stones and burned tires. Two people were reported injured, one by a police horse and the other by a stone to the head.

Police summoned reinforcements from other districts earlier Thursday in anticipation of a renewal of the violent clashes. Hundreds of police are now stationed in the city.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Evil Israeli police attack Jews but not moslems in acco
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »
F@(% Haaretz. Its an anti-semitic left-wing newspaper. It mentions Jews chanting "Death to Arabs" (which is a good thing), but says nothing about the daily calls by the Imams to kill the Yahud.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »
Arabs Stone Jewish Baby in Akko, Hamas Calls for Solidarity

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com)
Arabs and Jews battled each other Saturday night after several hours of quiet tension that gripped the ancient city. Police dispersed both sides while Arab and Jewish leaders met to try to find ways to restore calm to the city.

Three Jews, including a baby, suffered injuries by rock-throwing Arabs who attacked Hasidim who were dancing after the Sabbath. Akko city officials said that police arrived at the scene but did not immediately act to restrain the Arabs and instead pushed back the Jews with water hoses. Jews protesting the Arab violence firebombed one Arab apartment.

Police during the day staved off a violent confrontation between several hundred angry Jews and Arabs following the Yom Kippur eve disturbance by an Arab driver who drove into a Jewish neighborhood.

Eyewitnesses contradicted the Arab driver's claim that he respected the sanctity of Yom Kippur by driving quietly into the neighborhood on the evening of Yom Kippur. He inexplicably told reporters that his radio was turned off, while Jews in the neighborhood said it was blaring and that he drove at such a high speed that people were afraid he intended to run them over in a repeat of similar terrorist attacks in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria.

Arab leaders condemned the driver for disregarding the sanctity of the holy day, but Hamas leaders called on Gaza Arabs to march in solidarity to "reveal the true face of the Israeli oppression against Palestinians in Acre and in all the Palestinian cities."
Hamas called on Gaza Arabs to march in solidarity to "reveal the true face of the Israeli oppression against Palestinians in Acre and in all the Palestinian cities.

De facto Gaza prime minister Ismail Haniyeh's spokesman said that the anger by "Jewish settlers" in Akko "should serve as a wake-up alarm to those who are betting on reaching peace with an occupation that rejects everything Palestinian or Arab." Spokesman Taher al-Nono accused "extremist Jewish settlers [in Akko] of acts of terror that could be the start of the final phase of ethnic cleansing of the 1948-occupied Palestine." He referred to the city as "occupied in 1948."

Arab and Jewish leaders in the city of 50,000 have boasted in the past about coexistence in the ancient port city, and Arab community leaders made a point to condemn the Arab driver, regardless of his behavior. They said he should have found a different way to arrive at the predominantly Jewish neighborhood.

Jews stoned his car, prompting other Arabs to drive to the neighborhood at high speed while a busload of Arabs arrived and went on a rampage, wielding knives, axes and truncheons and damaging more than 150 stores and cars.

More than 700 policemen guarded the city on the Sabbath and staved off a violent confrontation between 300-400 angry Jews and masked Arabs. Earlier, two Arab residences were torched. 
More than 700 policemen guarded the city on the Sabbath and staved off a violent confrontation between 300-400 angry Jews and masked Arabs.

Despite the calls for calm, 20 Arabs protested in Haifa and waved Palestinian Authority flags while Jews in neighboring Akko were trying to repair the damage from the Arab riots. Mordechai Shamilashvilo, the owner of a pizzeria, told the Toronto Star, "Five years ago, there was some trouble, but not like this."

Public Security Minister Avi Dichter (Kadima) promised to arrest rioters and inciters and to investigate reports that calls for violence against Jews were heard in Arab mosques in the city.

Akko Arab Sami Hawary, who is active in coexistence efforts, told Reuters, "The tension is very high here, things are on a knife-edge."

Akko has suffered a decline in tourist traffic since the Oslo War (second Intifada) that broke out eight years ago.

Several Jewish merchants have begun an SMS campaign calling on Jews to boycott Arab businesses. A similar protest action began after the Oslo War began eight years ago.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 11:55:48 PM »
Arab businesses never should have been patronised in the first place.