Author Topic: interesting op-ed written by Michael Barone  (Read 460 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
interesting op-ed written by Michael Barone
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:44:32 PM »
Try this link:

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichaelBarone/2008/10/11/the_coming_obama_thugocracy

Barone would be described as a conservative, but he would not be described as an alarmist, and so I found the alarmist tone of this piece to be quite remarkable.

And then, there's the NYTimes, with Frank Rich and Maureen Dowd today beside themselves at John McCain (at last) questioning Obama's past affiliations.  And surely we can expect McCain to do all in his RINO power to make-up with the likes of Dowd and Rich if he's elected.  Which is why I cannot vote for McCain (sorry, fellow JTF-ers).

To tie the two thoughts together (ie, Obama's coming thugocracy and Dowd), Obama once confronted Dowd and (on tape, no less) said this (as near to a quote as I can make it):  "I'm putting you on notice about making fun of my ears."  That's remarkably petty stuff to worry about with such a faithful leftist useful idiot like Dowd.  And yet, Dowd breathlessly heads for the gas chamber with Lord Obama on her lips, all the while wondering why the rest of us won't get in line.