Author Topic: "Threads"  (Read 431 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
"Threads"
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:08 PM »
I was just watching a bit of the 1984 BBC film "Threads".  It is about what a nuclear holocaust would look like.  I remember seeing the movie as a kid when it came out.  Now I see how unrealistic it is.  As horrible as the film depicts it, I think a nuclear holocaust would look much much worse.

One thing to consider:  In the last debate, both Obama and McCain talked about the consequences of a nuclear armed Iran.  They mentioned how it would destabalize the middle east (whatever that means).  To me the middle east is about as stable as Liza Minelli on acid.  Neither of the candidates mentioned that a nuclear armed Iran would be a threat to America as well.  I wonder why they did this?

Of course a nuclear armed Iran is a threat to America.  Iran supplies terrorists with weapons.  Does anybody really think that it wouldn't give al qaida a briefcase full of nuclear weapons?  Of course it will!

I think that one of the first casualties of the nuclear weapon would be American communication systems.  WE MAY NEVER EVEN KNOW THAT A NUCLEAR WEAPON WENT OFF!  We may all of a sudden be living in the stone age and not know why.

Time is running out for us.  The last time I checked the atomic clock, it was four minutes to midnight.  I think Americans need to send messages to the knesset, to Livni, to Netanyahu, to Israelis, and to their congressmen, that Iranian nuclear installations need to be bombed now.  If Obama wins, America will do nothing to prevent this.  If McCain wins, who knows...

Maybe we should march on Pennsylvania avenue and do what the American Jews in the 1940s refused to do.  Maybe we should march and sit on Pennsylvania avenue and demand that America bomb the nuclear installations now.

What do you guys think we should do?  I don't think we can wait for the politicians to do what needs to be done on their own.