Author Topic: Holy Cow!!! Dow up 11% (947.57 points)  (Read 811 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Holy Cow!!! Dow up 11% (947.57 points)
« on: October 13, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »
Hopefully... this will be sustained for a little bit!!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Holy Cow!!! Dow up 11% (947.57 points)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »
Oh God please let this help McCain!

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
This is an unnatural development. I think it will not last a long time. Let us hope this trend will last until the election. :-/
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
fact: we are in a a terrible recession...

I expect the Dow falling a lot...and lots of buying and selling.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
This was a news related market movement. It is temporary.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
 :clap: :jump:time to cry you lousy democrats Pelosi, Dodd, Reid, Obama, et al.  McCain, yesterday, leading in Ohio.  Dow up 673+.  Bad news for dems.  Obama slipping polls.  I quit subscribing to Rasmussen, he posts polls but tells us they are no good "till next week."  Who does he poll?  only 1,000 people and are any of them republicans?  Someone on this site advised me to quit watching the polls, except for Zogby, thank you.  I am feeling much better now ;Ddid anyone get to see Sen. McCain's inspiring speech from Virginia Bch. today?  I think "Nobama" is being exposed from the moron he is.  HE IS STILL SAYING SMALL BUSINESS PAYS CAPITAL GAINS.  He is nothing but a liar.  He met w/2 members of Hamas yesterday, among a group of Muslims and said, "I didn't know they'd be there (Hamas,) LIAR.  NY Times, Katie Couric, big mouth Joy Bayher, "Sean Hannity is dangerous on television," (statement released today,) please lodge your complaints to her bosses at ABC, along w/Barbara "do me" (she says that on the air; what a revolting image,) here:

http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html?lid=ABCCOMGlobalFooter&lpos=CONTACT

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

eventually earnings, sales, unemployment, gdp growth numbers
will come out ...hopefully not till after 11/4 which will affect the market
negatively

But today was great news nonetheless ...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
Shalom,

This is very good news. My net worth is rebounding nicely... I dont think that the market is that bad off. I know many here think this is the end of the world as we know it. I just dont agree. The fundamentals for my industry are very strong, my company was recently declared one of the ten best-growth companies of the year {for the 2nd year in a row}. I just wish everyone would stop talking down the economy because it does have repercussions.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:27:47 PM »
Between now and 11/4, a lot of the movement will be psychological... unless there is mounting evidence that the banks are destined to collapse.  The bad unemployment and slowed growth is expected.. and wont have a huge effect on the market unless its drastically under or overstated. 

I think a lot of the horrible economic news won't happen till after 11/4/8

Brian

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »
Between now and 11/4, a lot of the movement will be psychological... unless there is mounting evidence that the banks are destined to collapse.  The bad unemployment and slowed growth is expected.. and wont have a huge effect on the market unless its drastically under or overstated. 

I think a lot of the horrible economic news won't happen till after 11/4/8

Brian

Well, we must be operating in a vacuum here... My company is still hiring and growing...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14