Author Topic: DO YOU EAT MEAT? OR ARE YOU A VEGITARIAN  (Read 895 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
DO YOU EAT MEAT? OR ARE YOU A VEGITARIAN
« on: October 15, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »
Do you eat certain animals?

Or you don't for either health reasons, religious reasons or don't want to eat dead animals?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: DO YOU EAT MEAT? OR ARE YOU A VEGITARIAN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »
I don't eat meat near as much as I used to.  I seldom eat red meat, and have to be in the mood for chicken.  Fish is my prefered meat of choice.  I find it digest so much better than red meat.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
Shalom,

I love meat, especially good kosher Corned Beef or Pastrami... A good steak from time to time... Im not big on fish, maybe an occasional gefilte fish... ;)

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »
I eat meat, but not so often. Perhaps one or two times the week.

In the week I like to eat smoked or salted fish and vegetarian. This is not because of ideology, but because of

A It is not so heavy and you can continue work better

B It is easy and quick to prepare. Normally I cook only the potatoes or the pasta. The sauce I put cold on the hot pasta.

C. It is more cheap. Today I bought a whole mackerel for 2,3 Euro for tomorrow lunch. 500 gramm durum wheat spaghetti you can buy for 0,7 Euro and it lasts for 3 days. Tomatoes and onions for salad are cheap too.

But on Saturday evening or Sunday lunch I eat always a big portion of meat. Mostly with friends or family. I like stewed chicken, roasted chicked, roasted filled duck, roasted goose, steak, marinated beef and some other kind of meat.

:)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »
Shalom,

I love meat, especially good kosher Corned Beef or Pastrami... A good steak from time to time... Im not big on fish, maybe an occasional gefilte fish... ;)

muman613

I have prepared gefilte fish. It is great, because there are no bony.  :)

I took the original recipe from a Lubawitch website.

But I cooked a sauce for it from bay leaves, black peper, fish stock, some vinegar, a little bit butter, flower,  some milk and dill.

As side dish I took boiled potatoes.

Very very good! But I didn't like it cold. I took the fish-balls hot out of the pot directly on the plate. It was great and my mother (she is a fish fan) liked it too.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:21:10 PM »
I've tried vegetarianism for a few months at a time but always ended up getting hungry for meat again. I'm an omnivore.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »

MEAT

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »
I'm vegan.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
Shalom,

muman613

The corned beef and pastrami are making my mouth water.  LOL --  I do like most kosher fish, but I can't stand gefilte fish.  I love to cook and normally will include a variety of vegetables with meals.  So I'm well rounded, but yes I do eat meat.  :)
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)