Author Topic: Kebabs made as corpse lay nearby  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Kebabs made as corpse lay nearby
« on: October 15, 2008, 05:08:53 AM »
Kebabs made as corpse lay nearby

A fast food shop owner was found preparing food while an employee's corpse lay nearby.

Police called to the Pappu Sweet Centre in Wolverhampton in August discovered the man's body on a sofa near the kitchen, magistrates in the city heard.

The business, owned by Jaswinder Singh, 45, was shut down immediately.

The council said it was one of the worst cases environmental health officers had seen. Mr Singh has been banned from running any food business.

The man's death was not suspicious, police said.

'Awful smell'

Wolverhampton Magistrates' Court heard about a long list of hygiene breaches at the Cannock Road shop.

The court was told that on 27 August a police officer had been called to a report of a dead man there.

A statement of facts, read out to the court, said: "Upon his arrival the officer observed a dead male lying on a sofa at the rear of the main kitchen.

"Sat opposite to him was Mr Singh who was preparing food, making kebabs."

The court also heard that in a nearby room were a large number of flies which were landing on food.

There was also an "awful smell", thawing meat which was oozing blood and covered in flies, and a man smoking and spitting on the filthy floor.

Environmental health officers had been visiting the shop since October 2007, the court heard.

During an earlier visit, officers noted a number of rat droppings and then found a dead rat underneath a cooking pot which had just been laid against a wall to dry.

Mr Singh admitted a string of hygiene offences and was ordered to pay nearly £4,000 in fines and costs.

A spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said the death had not been found to be suspicious and no further action had been taken over the matter.

Councillor Barry Findlay, Wolverhampton City Council's cabinet member for the environment, said the council would not tolerate the public being put at risk.

"We are pleased that the council's actions have resulted in the courts banning this individual from ever running a food business again," he said.

The shop is now under new management.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7669625.stm
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Kebabs made as corpse lay nearby
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 05:26:09 AM »
I think this shop owner should be given a harsh punishment.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 06:11:54 AM »

I eat rarely in restaurants and I know why. In fact I go only eating if I am invited or I have to.

If I cook for myself, I am shure that I eat what I think what I eat.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »
My mother used to say when i was little Chinese restaurants use cats for meat.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »
What grosses me out the most is that those flies were laying their eggs in the dead body and crawling on it then crawling on the meat and doing the same, after they'd been on the dead body!  :o

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »

I eat rarely in restaurants and I know why. In fact I go only eating if I am invited or I have to.

If I cook for myself, I am shure that I eat what I think what I eat.

I've been working in restaurants since I was a kid, and let me tell you some of the things I've seen are so disgusting.  Of course it is better and healthier to cook for yourself at home than in a restaurant.  But there is a good way to tell if a restaurant is clean or not.

First, check out the bathroom.  If the bathroom is even a little bit dirty or unorganized, run away from the place.  If it is spotless, go on to test 2.

Test 2:  Have the soup of the day.  If it looks good, smells good, and tastes good, then stay.  If it looks dull or unappetizing, smells stale or off, or tastes not so good, then leave, and don't come back.

Eating in restaurants can be an enjoyable experience, but it can very easily be ruined by food poisoning, so choose wisely.  When you find a restaurant that you really like, stick with it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:42:48 AM »
My dad and I used to go to this Chinese buffet a lot. We loved it, the food was so good and the staff was very attentive. They had tasty egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken, and some other good stuff like corn fritters that wasn't really chinese food but still tasted good. One day I was going to get a cookie to go with the ice cream because they didn't have any ice cream toppings, so what I usually did was take a cookie and crumble it over the top instead which was usually good.  :eat:

Well I looked down and saw a small roach climbing through the cookies.  :yuck:

I did not eat a cookie that night. I motioned over one of the waitresses and told her what happened and she started looking through the cookies to find the roach and I tried to help her, and we couldn't find it again. She believed me after a couple of seconds because I insisted I had seen it, and she picked up the cookie trays and took them in the back and brought out what looked like two brand new ones.

My dad and I decided not to go there for a while.

If you lived in Houston you would understand the roach problem here. It could happen to any place, there were roaches that got out of control in a shoe store I worked at once, and we didn't even sell food. Plus I felt the lady handled it right by taking away the cookies I had told her were bad and replacing them with ones that looked fresh. The place had always been clean, etc. so several months later we decided to go back to give it a second chance figuring they probably got the problem under control by then. My dad got a plate of shrimp and it tasted nasty, so we decided not to go back ever again.

They used to have this manager who had a strong look about him who I could tell kept everything in line. i hadn't seem him for a while so maybe that's when things started to go downhill there.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
I've discovered many wonderful salad bars and I love them! This is my staple lunch, almost every day - fast, a bit expensive but very healthy! I recommend them!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »
It still amazes me that some people have no respect for the dead.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)