Author Topic: Attack on Christians in India- Why?  (Read 3990 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Attack on Christians in India- Why?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »
Muman, I wish you did not live so far away. I would love to ride a bicycle up your driveway. Hop off, skip up to your doorway and wait for you to answer the door. Once you opened it up I would slap you on the forhead and yell at the top of my lungs. "Cast out you evil demons in the name of JEEEZus." Of course, follow it up with a few sprinkles of holy water for Catholic Zionist's sake, give you a big hug and skip back down the driveway.

Love ya man,

Sham out.   :::D

Thank you Shamgar,

I know you are doing this out of love... But I am really trying to avoid saying things which may offend others. The best thing to do is to compromise. I will compromise in the hope that we can all achieve the peace which we all believe will come during the age of Moshiach. I pray for his coming each day.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
This topic is degenerating into an area which I object. Please no more missionising or mentioning your messiahs here. This is a sensitive issue especially for a Jew who has firm beliefs in the coming of Moshiach. I dont want to get into it and re-ignite a problem which we had a couple weeks ago.

Please stick on topic and avoid bringing up your own religious beliefs which conflict with Jewish beliefs. Those thoughts should be posted on a non-Jewish forum...

Thank you,
muman613

We are allowed to bring up our religious beliefs if we want none of us are trying to convert anyone.
What only the Jewish members are allowed to talk about there beliefs

Is this the Jewish Task Force? I believe it is. We are a movement for Jews and Zionists, not for people to talk about other gods which may lead some astray. I dint want to be judgmental but I think this is within line with the JTF policy. In the past, when I tried to explain the Jewish belief in Moshiach, which is not the same as your belief in Messiah, I offended some people. It would be best to avoid this if at all possible.

You are entitled to believe what you want. But this is not the place to post pictures or mention the name of foreign G-ds to the children of Israel. I believe that this is a good policy. Since JTF doesnt violate Shabbat it also should not violate other mitzvahs.

muman613

Who the hell posted pictures?
Do you really think I care what you think ?
I believe in Jesus I know Jews don't I am fine with that but if Christian members want to talk they should be able to

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
Everyone, please keep it civil.  We're all adults.  And right now it looks like Barack Hussein Obama is going to be our next President.  Don't make me lock the thread. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 07:43:06 PM »
This topic is degenerating into an area which I object. Please no more missionising or mentioning your messiahs here. This is a sensitive issue especially for a Jew who has firm beliefs in the coming of Moshiach. I dont want to get into it and re-ignite a problem which we had a couple weeks ago.

Please stick on topic and avoid bringing up your own religious beliefs which conflict with Jewish beliefs. Those thoughts should be posted on a non-Jewish forum...

Thank you,
muman613

We are allowed to bring up our religious beliefs if we want none of us are trying to convert anyone.
What only the Jewish members are allowed to talk about there beliefs

Is this the Jewish Task Force? I believe it is. We are a movement for Jews and Zionists, not for people to talk about other gods which may lead some astray. I dint want to be judgmental but I think this is within line with the JTF policy. In the past, when I tried to explain the Jewish belief in Moshiach, which is not the same as your belief in Messiah, I offended some people. It would be best to avoid this if at all possible.

You are entitled to believe what you want. But this is not the place to post pictures or mention the name of foreign G-ds to the children of Israel. I believe that this is a good policy. Since JTF doesnt violate Shabbat it also should not violate other mitzvahs.

muman613

Who the hell posted pictures?
Do you really think I care what you think ?
I believe in Jesus I know Jews don't I am fine with that but if Christian members want to talk they should be able to

AH,

Personally I wish I knew what you were thinking... That is not the issue. In the past there were JTF members who had pictures of their messiah in their signatures. It was decided that this was not suitable for JTF. As I said before everyone is entitled to believe in what they want. But the question is whether it is proper etiquette for non-Jews to be talking about things which are obviously against our beliefs in a Jewish forum. I could easily argue against your beliefs and make references to the teachings which prove this point. But I will not do this because I respect the fact that others believe what they do for various reasons. It is a world where free-will is paramount since one can only be judged by what they choose, or choose not, to believe.

Why would anyone want to enter someones home and say things which would cause conflicts? I dont do that on Christian forums because I have respect for those people in their space. When we invite non-Jews to Shabbat meals we dont expect them to start talking about their gods. What have I asked which is so hard to comprehend?

AH, maybe you are still mad at me from a couple weeks ago. I am very sorry if I said things which upset you and I am trying hard to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you,
muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
First off, JTF is against anyone trying to get Jews to abandon their religion.  That's one thing the admins feel very strongly about. 

Now with that being said, I don't understand what is going on here. 

Artgigo, we work with all good people on this forum in our fight against the Islamic threat and their leftist enablers in the West. 

Other than that, I don't want to see any religion maligned here (except for Islam).  So let's all make nice.  OK?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »
Muman, someone had Benny Hinn in thier signature???

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
First off, JTF is against anyone trying to get Jews to abandon their religion.  That's one thing the admins feel very strongly about. 

Now with that being said, I don't understand what is going on here. 

Artgigo, we work with all good people on this forum in our fight against the Islamic threat and their leftist enablers in the West. 

Other than that, I don't want to see any religion maligned here (except for Islam).  So let's all make nice.  OK?

Lisa,

You are correct. I simply was asking that the discussion which started to discuss missionaries and then someone mentioned some teachings of Jesus to avoid such digression. Apparently AH took this to be more than I intended because I simply wanted to avoid this kind of bickering.

Once again, I may be over sensitive and I apologize for this...

muman613

PS: Oy, Benny Hinn.... He is such a fuitcake!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 07:56:54 PM »

muman613

PS: Oy, Benny Hinn.... He is such a fuitcake!

Absolute proof that God loves us but has a great sense of humor.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
Shamgar,

Benny Hinn is a false prophet... Check out all his failed prophecies @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn .

muman613

Hinn made a number of unfulfilled (religious) prophecies for the 90s, such as God will destroy America's homosexual community in 1995 or the death of Fidel Castro,[7] election of the first female president of the USA,[8] the East Coast of the United States will be devastated by earthquakes,[7] etc., all before the third millennium. Hinn also appeared on the Trinity Broadcasting Network in October 1999 to claim that God had given him a vision that thousands of dead people would be resurrected after watching the network -- laying out a scenario of people placing their dead loved ones' hands on TV screens tuned into the station -- and that TBN would be "an extension of Heaven to Earth." Hinn has also claimed that Adam was a "superbeing" who could fly to the Moon; that God froze the Red Sea with his breath when he parted it; and that Christ would make a personal appearance at a crusade in Nairobi, Kenya, in 2001[citation needed].

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
Muman,

I do agree with you on the fraud Benny Hinn (ys"vz), but other than that, I am not sure what your purpose is. Nobody is talking about missionizing Jews here or forcing their religion on the Jews here. Artijo was wrong and mistaken about missionaries being behind the recent attacks in India. He stated something that was false, and we refuted it. Missionizing Jews had nothing to do with the discussion or even the OP. If anything, you should be mad at Artijo for talking about missionizing to begin with.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »
Muman, I totally agree. I would not even have prophet as part of his title. He is a charlatan, fake and a criminal. But he is still hilariously funny to watch. I can be flipping through the channels and catch a glimpse of him and just have to flip back. Within the first 60 seconds I will be laughing hysterically and chasing the kids around the house trying to slap them on the foreheads.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »
Muman,

I do agree with you on the fraud Benny Hinn (ys"vz), but other than that, I am not sure what your purpose is. Nobody is talking about missionizing Jews here or forcing their religion on the Jews here. Artijo was wrong and mistaken about missionaries being behind the recent attacks in India. He stated something that was false, and we refuted it. Missionizing Jews had nothing to do with the discussion or even the OP. If anything, you should be mad at Artijo for talking about missionizing to begin with.

C.F,

I agree... As I stated in my initial post on this topic, I am against Missionary activity {especially in Israel}. I am one who believes that a smart human will always seek the truth and according to our belief Torah is truth. A wise man will discover the wonders of Hashem and seek the source of all creation, our HaKodesh Baruch hu. We dont need to force others to believe. We dont need to go out and convert others.

I think it is wrong what is going on in India concerning the oppression of the Christians at the hands of the Hindus. I dont really know the facts in this issue but from what you describe it sounds very wrong. The Hindu religion has millions and millions of adherents, while Judaism is a dwindling religion which has been ravaged by pogroms, crusaders, inquisitions, and holocausts and assimilation. I have friends who are Hindus and they are very nice people. I think that there is hope for them because they are also searching for the truth.

I will apologize once more if I have set anyone against me. I am sure we have more in common than we have differences.

muman613

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
He wouldn't still be here if he'd been trying to justify killings of Jewish people. What if he'd said "Oh yes it's very wrong to kill Jewish people but the Jewish people were asking for it by doing this that, and that." That excrement wouldn't be tolerated for a second! Somehow, if it's against Christians, it's ok! I never said that Hindus should be murdered en masse, only those who kill Christians. Tell him to make nice and stop justifying murder of non-Hindus.

Tell one of the Christian villagers driven into the jungle to save their life that Hindus aren't as bad as Muslims.

Make nice? Whatever... I think I've said what I can say. And Muman? This thread was about Christians, so that's why Christian beliefs were ok to bring up, because that was the subject of the thread. You get angry with the Christians for responding to the original poster but don't get angry with the original poster for basically making excuses for murder.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »
I'm sorry but I have to stand with Muman here.  I'm sure the Hindu mobs acted irrationally but Hindus are being outnumbered by Muslims and are losing their religion to Christianity too.  I'm all for Christians bringing Athiests, agnostics and tribal people to Christianity but some missionaries are using money to convert people in India.  India wants to remain Hindu and that is their religion.  I look at people like Mother Theresa and other Christians from all sects who help the poor and bring people to Christianity in India and hose people are nothing but righteous.  There are so called Christians on the other hand, like the Jews for Jesus crowd, that use any means to try to convert people.

Hindus have a right to defend their religion from converts just as Jews have a right to defend against Christian missionaries when they cross the line. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:42 PM »
I'm going to lock this thread before I say something I"m going to regret because I am so furious right now I can't see straight.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »
Wow... and so many moderators and members here that I love and respect. What do I say?

Thank you for locking the thread, Rubystars. You did the right thing.

It's very difficult when people of different religions come together for a common goal or cause.  Religious matters are the most personal (nothing is more personal than a person's relationship with the Creator) and it's easy for things to get heated. This is reasonable.

As per Hindus, I know that there was an extremely tiny sect that was brutal to the Christians but the Hindus are usually a very peaceful people. I have known quite a few wonderful Hindus and they are welcome if they wish to join us in our fight to save Israel and our fight against islam - the death cult that glamorizes murder of innocent people. No one worries about Hindus being suicide bombers or terrorists. This also applies to Buddhists. They are also welcome here.

Muman, please try to help me keep fights under control instead of fanning them. lol  You are an amazingly intelligent person whom I agree with most of the time but we are required to show kindness and say things in a way that people can accept. According to Gemara, If someone cannot accept what we say, then we are forbidden to say it... obviously this doesn't apply to nazis or traitors.

Rubystars, I know you have been upset about the Hindus for quite some time. You have to understand that to Jewish people, some forms of Christianity sound like idolatry too. I'm sorry to have to say this (not that people here don't know this already), but I'm just trying to be very open and honest to you. But you don't see us locking out Christians who are good souls, righteous gentiles, who love Israel, and who love G-d with all their heart. There were times in history that Christians mass murdered and tortured Jews, but the vast majority of Christians today don't agree with this and we don't push them away because of this. They are important to us and help us immensely. There are many Christian moderators and global moderators on this forum whom we respect and cherish.

We are at a historic moment when Jewish people and the Christian people are fighting together to save our very lives and the lives of our children and great grandchildren. It is necessary but out of this necessity, we are learning to be respectful to one another about our differences in our beliefs. And if Hindus and Buddhists want to join in, G-d bless them. We just hope that most people wish to grow in their relationship with Hashem in the way that's possible for them.

I hope you understand and please don't let it get you so upset. Everyone here knows how much you love and help JTF. And you made very passionate and reasonable arguments that are understandable. I hope this helps explain in a respectful way.

-Shlomo

(P.S. Moderators can still post on this locked thread if they wish to)
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim