Author Topic: Polls show a tightening race:  (Read 544 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Polls show a tightening race:
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »
Looking at the MAJOR polls, and ignoring the more partisan polls such as NBC/CNN,etc , the race is tightening a bit.

Gallup traditional Likely Voters: Obama 49 McCain 47   (registered voters is 6% difference, but thats not relevant)
First time Obama's been under 50 since Sept 30th, and McCain's showing is his best in 2 weeks.

Rasmussen shows Obama attracting 50% of the vote while John McCain earns 46%. It’s the first time since September 25 that McCain’s support has reached 46%.

All of this BEFORE the last debate which I thought was McCain's best.
Let's hope we'll start to see a similar shift in the state polls this week!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Polls show a tightening race:
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
Polarization effect is getting through during the last phases.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: Polls show a tightening race:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »
hi Briann,

i thought Sen. McCain was great last night.  I quit watching the polls as suggested by someone on this site.  However, I am depressed waking up to that hateful attack ad this morning of Obama.  Maybe the American public is waking up to Obama's plan of redistribution of wealth.

You say, "Rasmussen shows Obama attracting 50% of the vote while John McCain earns 46%. It’s the first time since September 25 that McCain’s support has reached 46%."

I unsubscribed to his polls.  Every time I see Scott Rasmussen on tv, he is in the tank for Obama.  He always says the polls that are posted on tv, "aren't effective till next week."  THEN WHAT THE H*LL GOOD ARE THEY?  I can't remember from week to week, with his new polls, what the old polls he said "will be effective this week." 

Have you noticed on Fox News, so many are now, excepting Sean Hannity and Fox & Friends, sound like MSNBC, et al.