Author Topic: DEBKA says Iran will have the Atom Bomb by February 2009  (Read 554 times)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
DEBKA says Iran will have the Atom Bomb by February 2009
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »
http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5660

-------------------------------------------------
This could be the basis for Biden's warning ....

It's getting closer to D-day for Israel ....

Btw ...Debka was the first to report on Israel's taking out
of the Syrian reactor ....

US intelligence’s amended estimate, that Iran will be ready to build its first bomb just one month after the next US president is sworn in, is disclosed by DEBKAfile’s Washington sources as having been relayed as a guideline to the Middle East teams of both presidential candidates, Senators John McCain and Barack Obama.

The information prompted the assertion by Democratic vice presidential nominee Joseph Biden in Seattle Sunday, Oct. 19: “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy.”

McCain retorted Tuesday, Oct. 21: “America does not need a president that needs to be tested. I’ve been tested. I was aboard the Enterprise off the coast of Cuba. I’ve been there.”)

DEBKAfile’s military sources cite the new US timeline: By late January, 2009, Iran will have accumulated enough low-grade enriched uranium (up to 5%) for its “break-out” to weapons grade (90%) material within a short time. For this, the Iranians have achieved the necessary technology. In February, they can move on to start building their first nuclear bomb.

US intelligence believes Tehran has the personnel, plans and diagrams for a bomb and has been running experiments to this end for the past two years. The UN International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna last week asked Tehran to clarify recent complex experiments they conducted in detonating nuclear materials for a weapon, but received no answer.

The same US evaluation adds that the Iranian leadership is holding off its go-ahead to start building the bomb until the last minute so as to ward off international pressure to stop at the red line.

This development together with the galloping global economic crisis will force the incoming US president to go straight into decision-making without pause on Day One in the Oval Office. He will have to determine which urgent measures can serve best for keeping a nuclear bomb out of the Islamic republic’s hands - diplomatic or military – and how to proceed if those measures fail.

His knowledge of the challenge colored Sen. Biden’s additional words in Seattle: “Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

Israel’s political and military leaders also face a tough dilemma that can no longer be put off of whether to strike Iran’s nuclear installations militarily in the next three months between US presidencies before the last window closes, or take a chance on coordination with the next president.

Waiting for the “international community” to do the job of stopping Iran, as urged by governments headed by Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert - and strongly advocated Tzipi Livni, foreign minister and would-be prime minister - has been a washout. Iran stands defiantly on the threshold of a nuclear weapon

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: DEBKA says Iran will have the Atom Bomb by February 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »
debka isn't a reliable source, they post baseless claims all the time.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »
debka isn't a reliable source, they post baseless claims all the time.

Can you cite several examples to back that up
instead of just making an assertion

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »
hey R.I.,

how are you?  we are left to guess what Biden meant when he said, "mark my words," and "there will be an internat'l incident," I've been writing to Homeland Security, the FBI, and so forth, nearly throughout Obama's PURCHASING the White House.  I've been complaining about the media and why this was only reported on Fox News.  All the money that is coming into Obama's campaign from dubious sources (well, he can't account for around $200 million [I bet the amount is even more, it's just a feeling,])

Obama is sick in the head.  Why does he want illegal aliens driving cars, doing hit and runs (they are good at that,) driving w/no insurance [even if he made sure our tax dollars covered their car insurance, they'd spend it on drugs,] I am so disgusted.  

Regarding the "internat'l incident," which one of our landmarks are they going to explode this time?  If McCain is Pres., we would not be having this discussion.  

I am sick of being on a losing team.  I blasted McCain to go on tv, tell the American public all our concerns, explain them to us and educate the average voter and quit asking me for money.  He got my vote and I don't like being on a losing team >:(  

He has etiquetted his way out of this race.  I told him to save the etiquette for Cindy and his children.  He blew it and handed this candicacy right over to his opponent.  Do you think when I turn on the tv and hear him say, "you don't need to be afraid of Obama if he becomes president," is sane?  that's not what i want to hear.  it is not reassuring to me.  i'm scared out of my wits.  i haven't slept for months.