Author Topic: Michael Savage clips from 02/20/07 show  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Michael Savage clips from 02/20/07 show
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:15 AM »
These were all top-notch. I laughed out loud during his call with the dyke: 

Dyke: Jesus said to love your brother as yourself
Savage: Ya, well, a lot of good it did him, he wound up on a cross

These were all gems. I can't believe he delivers so many pearls of wisdom on each show and I've been listening for 4 years.

SoldierOfZion

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
These were all top-notch. I laughed out loud during his call with the dyke: 

Dyke: Jesus said to love your brother as yourself
Savage: Ya, well, a lot of good it did him, he wound up on a cross

These were all gems. I can't believe he delivers so many pearls of wisdom on each show and I've been listening for 4 years.

I laughed out loud at that exact part too! :-)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »
Thanks for reminding me. I agree with those.
But why does he have to knock other religions when knocking Islam?
The problem today is Islam, not all the other religions. Why can't he stay focus?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:09:44 AM »
Hi SoldierofZion, and good day to you.

Honestly I wasn't impressed.   Mike Savage continues to be the king of turning down and shutting off caller audio in order to  control the parameters of the discussion, and create the impression that he's dominating the debate.   It's a juvenile tactic, and one of the reasons I stopped listening to the show years ago despite my agreement with him on some issues.

Kahane went head to with better debaters than Savage's radio callers, and never stooped to such a level.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

adam613

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »
Thank you so much Soilder Zion. The clips were great.

I do have to answer Angrychineesemaniac by saying that Michae Savage does believe while we have to fight our external enemies we have to deal with our internal problems too. That is different then JTF that focuses mostly on the enemy. You can disagree with Michael Savage for that. But to call him names (not sure you did angrychinesemaniac) I think is wrong. It is no different then people calling Chaim name simply because they disagree with their views.

adam613

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »

Honestly I wasn't impressed.   Mike Savage continues to be the king of turning down and shutting off caller audio in order to  control the parameters of the discussion, and create the impression that he's dominating the debate.   It's a juvenile tactic, and one of the reasons I stopped listening to the show years ago despite my agreement with him on some issues.

Kahane went head to with better debaters than Savage's radio callers, and never stooped to such a level.

Liar untilshilocomes. I listened to all the clips and I see no evidence of Michael trying to use volume to make him sound right. All of these were fairly long discussions with callers and I don't think you even listened to them Untilshilocomes.

You have exposed yourself untilshilocomes as someone who when they disagree with someone will engage in slander towards people you don't agree with. You are at the same level of those who do this at JTF.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »

Liar untilshilocomes. I listened to all the clips and I see no evidence of Michael trying to use volume to make him sound right.

Hello adam613, and good day to you.

Might I suggest you listen to the clips again, particularly the two entitled

http://www.somebodyhelpme.info/Michael_Savage/savage_022007-John_Edwards_and_caller_who_hates_Israel.mp3

http://www.somebodyhelpme.info/Michael_Savage/savage_022007-Dyke_Argues_with_Savage.mp3

if you're still having trouble making out the manipulation of the volume, I'll gladly send you some time stamps to help assist you.    Don't you find it strange that there's virtually never any overspeak between Savage and his callers?   Virtually all talk radio hosts do this, so it's not exactly a tactic invented by Savage, and I'm actually a bit surprised you disagree.

As an aside, let's keep a civil tone and not cast aspersions at each others.  We're all JTF supporters despite whatever disagreements we may have on the finer issues.

adam613

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »

Liar untilshilocomes. I listened to all the clips and I see no evidence of Michael trying to use volume to make him sound right.

Hello adam613, and good day to you.

Might I suggest you listen to the clips again, particularly the two entitled

http://www.somebodyhelpme.info/Michael_Savage/savage_022007-John_Edwards_and_caller_who_hates_Israel.mp3

http://www.somebodyhelpme.info/Michael_Savage/savage_022007-Dyke_Argues_with_Savage.mp3

if you're still having trouble making out the manipulation of the volume, I'll gladly send you some time stamps to help assist you.    Don't you find it strange that there's virtually never any overspeak between Savage and his callers?   Virtually all talk radio hosts do this, so it's not exactly a tactic invented by Savage, and I'm actually a bit surprised you disagree.

As an aside, let's keep a civil tone and not cast aspersions at each others.  We're all JTF supporters despite whatever disagreements we may have on the finer issues.

SO you are admitting that other hosts do it. There is a seven second delay but they do that for obvious reasons. SO I guess all other hosts are juvenile too. Either way in all of these clips that is such a minor issue unless somebody was looking for something to criticize Michael Savage for. I don't agree with EVERY position Michael Savage has taken but in this case I really don't see what you are making a big deal about unless you want to and I think what you are doing is juvenille.

I also wanted to say that he had an article about this Republican calling Evolution a Jewish concept. One of the area's I disagreed with Michael Savage was his stand on evolution. I sent an email to him as he is now allowing emails. I wrote to him about evolution and that some RABBI's like the biologist Rabbi Moshe Tendler disagree with evolution and that he is a scientist. He took this article down as suddenly the next day I didn't see it this article on calling evolution a Jewish devlopment there anymore. Most articles are up for at least a week as he puts other articles up he moves the older ones down the list. I could be a coincidence but at least Michael Savage when he is wrong can change positions. It doesn't make him a yo-yo. It shows maturity.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 01:07:31 AM »
Hi adam613, and good day to you.

SO you are admitting that other hosts do it.

The implication here is that at some point I denied it, adam.   I didn't.

Michael Savage takes more phone calls than just about any other political radio host in my opinion.   That was why I referred to him as the "king of turning down and shutting off caller audio" -- this wasn't to say that this underhanded tactic was unique to him.   

There is a seven second delay but they do that for obvious reasons.

The 7-second delay helps keep bad language off the air waves.  It has nothing to do with the tactic of using the volume control to completely dominate and steer a phone conversation to your liking.   This doesn't impress me, and the greatest debaters and intellectuals I've ever had the privelege of hearing/seeing never utilized that scheme -- including the great Rav Meir Kahane ZT"L.   

This is one of the main reasons I rarely listen to talk radio.

SO I guess all other hosts are juvenile too.

I'd say so. 

Either way in all of these clips that is such a minor issue

This seems to be an admission on your part that my critcism has merit.   You may disagree with it, but you called me a "liar" for addressing what you now define as a "minor issue".   I'll accept that as an acknowledgment that my point was valid.

adam613

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »
Ok. Well I guess I was wrong for calling you a liar and I do apologize for calling you one. I am a big enough person to admit that I was wong. You are not a liar from what I know. I will say though that I do think overall Michael Savage does a good job defending many positions that affect Israel. He also defends many moral issues. Is he perfect? No. He occaisonally takes bad positions and when he does and he doesn't have a good intellectual argument he can be sometimes abusive to calllers or manipulate callers and it is very obvious to any intelligent person when he does this. At the same time because of the kind of audience he serves if he takes a really bad position which he does occaisonally he will not push it. Do I think this makes him a fraud? Not really. Because he is on the right side on too many issues and speaks with much passion for me to believe it is all a con game. Rabbi Kahane didn't do a show for 3 hours a night every night he had other good point but I don't judge his show by the way Michael Savage sounds or his caller sounds. I base it on the facts that are being said and I think he is a good debater. When Michael Savage is wrong on an issue he can't manipulate the sound to make him sound right and you make it out like he can which is not being honest. When he is wrong he does have a tough time with callers and when he obviously is trying to get someone to agree with him or somebody stupid who is easy to debate when Michael is wrong it becomes pretty obvious. In none of these cases to your points make that much of a difference. I think you just don't agree with Savage on certain issues and because of that you want to ignore his good shows and I don't find that good.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »
Thank you so much Soilder Zion. The clips were great.

I do have to answer Angrychineesemaniac by saying that Michae Savage does believe while we have to fight our external enemies we have to deal with our internal problems too. That is different then JTF that focuses mostly on the enemy. You can disagree with Michael Savage for that. But to call him names (not sure you did angrychinesemaniac) I think is wrong. It is no different then people calling Chaim name simply because they disagree with their views.
I respect your opinion.
But I do have to apologise for not understanding you answer/comment.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774