Author Topic: The Modern 12 Tribes  (Read 5963 times)

gentilerighteous

The Modern 12 Tribes
« on: September 09, 2006, 09:28:56 PM »
The meaning of the names of the twelve sons of Jacob paint a wonderful picture of the believer, from conversion to his ultimate departure to meet the Lord.

The first son was born to Leah and was "Reuben" whose name means "See a Son".  It was The Lord Jesus Christ who, by the shedding of his precious blood, and his death on the cross, atoned for the sins of the world and now offers salvation to whosoever will come unto him.

Reuben - Asia from Iran East to the Pacific

The second son born to Leah was "Simeon" whose name means "Hearing".  Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.  One has too "hear" the gospel message before he can call upon the Lord Jesus to save him from his sins.

Southern Africa

The third son born to Leah was "Levi" and it means "joined".  First was The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son, then we heard the message, then  after responding to the gospel call "we are joined" unto Christ.  Forever linked with him for all eternity.

Levi - Tax Collector in The New Testament - Matthew - And The GOvt shall be on His (Jesus ) SHoulders

The fourth son born to Leah was "Judah" and it means "praise". What else flows from the lips of the regenerated sinner, but "praise" unto our God for saving a wretch like me?

Judah - Praise - North America, (USA CANADA) - Greenland - Iceland

The fifth son, who was born to Bilhah, was "Dan" and it means "judging".  Now we see the new believer continuing in the scriptures and daily learning of His great love and receiving the wisdom to "discern and judge" in spiritual matters.  Oh what a different view of things we have now than when we were yet in our sin.

Southern Africa

The sixth son,  born unto Bilhah, was "Napthali" and his name means "wrestling".  Oh, by far, Christians are far from perfect.  It is a growing process.  sometimes we shy away from the Lord's correction in our lives and we "do our own thing".  We know what is "right" but we do not want to give up all to the Lord's guiding.  So we "wrestle" with the Lord.  "No, not now Lord".  But ultimately we know who wins this "wrestling" match.  Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

Germany

The seventh son, who was born to Zilpah, was named "Gad" .  His name means "troop".  The "troop" here is also  rendered as an "assembled gathering".  Yes, the Christian believer does not stand alone, he is encouraged in Scripture to "forsake not the assembling of yourselves together".  Christians need each other.

Eastern Europe

The eighth son, born to Zilpah, was "Asher" and his name means "happy".  A Christian can only be happy if he reads the Word of God daily and obeys all the Lord's admonitions contained "in the book".  The comfort and encouragement of other believers adds to the "happiness" of the Christian believer.

UK - W. Europe and Italy

The ninth son was born to Leah, and he was "Issachar".  His name means "hire or reward".  Here we see the Christian active in the Lord's service, seeing some fruit for his labour.  Some dear soul may respond to the message of salvation.  The Lord will "reward" whatsoever we do in his name, whether now or in future glory.

Northern Africa

The tenth son, born to Leah, was "Zebulon" and his name means "dwelling".  Although we live here on planet earth, our real home is in "heaven".  This is our "dwelling place" and if we keep that in mind, the things of earth will "grow strangely dim".

Japan and The Phillipines

The eleventh son, born to Rachel, was "Joseph" and his name means "adding".  As we read in Acts 2:47 .......And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved".  We can only  plant the seed.  It is the Lord who will make it grow.  He is the "fisher of men" who reaches unto all and beckons all to come unto him.  He "adds" such as should be saved.

Oceania - Joseph

The twelfth son son, born to Rachel, was "Benjamin" which means "Son of my right hand".  Here is the end of the story, the end of this sojourn on earth.  Forever and ever in the Lord's presence, seated as it were, at his right hand.  Sons of God by adoption. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that  believe on his name (John 1:12)

Benjamin - Son of my right hand - Latin America

Manasseh Ephriam - S. Africa, Lesotho and Madagascar

Rhuan

Re: The Modern 12 Tribes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:31:03 PM »
The new testament can acttually be interrupted in different ways on this point.  I won't do a huge analysis of it to show you what I mean, as, firstly, I have better things to do right now, and secondly I doubt any of you are really all that interested.

I'll say simply, that it can be interpreted to say that the Jews have lost their "chosen people" status, and all are no equal, or it can be interpreted to say that all are basically equal, but God still does things to help Jews over over people, as Jews are his orriginal chosen people.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »
I'll say simply, that it can be interpreted to say that the Jews have lost their "chosen people" status, and all are no equal, or it can be interpreted to say that all are basically equal, but God still does things to help Jews over over people, as Jews are his orriginal chosen people.

The 'New Testament' is non-canonical, heretical, and it is stated that G-d promises to the Jews are eternal and unconditional, which means no one shall ever take their birthright chosenhood from them, EVER.  NEVER, EVER.

wonderfulgoy

Rhuan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »
The later interpretation I gave is the one I beleive, when I say it can be interpreted, to reach the former really requires prior prejudice.

Regarding the site you have linked to, I will endevour to write a refutement of it, but it will take me a long time, and I have a great deal of other things to do at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:44:14 PM by Rhuan »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »
These theoretical assertions as to the "Anglo-Saxon" peoples being in actuality the "Lost Tribes of Israel" are a fairly recent development; originating in 18th Century England.
These ideas have been continued and expanded upon since then; today manifest in several "Protestant" Church denominations.
They are, indeed, the classic type "replacement theology" writings and beliefs.
There is some anthropological evidence for an argument stating that the Pashtun Tribes of Afghanistan are direct descendants of the Lost Tribes, as there is some evidence that remnants survived in India and elsewhere.
Off of the coast of Morocco is an island whose inhabitants claim descent from Kohanim.
Most Jews today are from the tribes of Levi and Reuben.
In addition, recent genetic research of modern Jewish populations reveal almost 0% Khazar genetic inheritance; thus shooting down completely the neo-Nazi claims that today's Jews are "imposters", etc..... .
No evidence exists for "white races of western Europe" having roots in ancient Israel, other than "interpretations" of already mistranslated and misinterpreted Jewish Scriptures. 
I do state that "absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence", but we Jews who have lived within almost every nation, culture, and empire for thousands of years, surviving all of them to this day, find these "Lost Tribes" teachings to be at best less than credible.

shimonchaim

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 05:56:54 PM »
massuhudgoodname 

you are wrong you stated that most jews today are from reuben and levi while most jews today are from judah and some are from levi and benjamin

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »
This is a dubious claim.  It sounds like "global warming"

In the southern Kingdom of Judah the Tribes of Judah and Benjamin were living.  Prophet Daniel was from the tribe of Judah, Esther and Mordechai were from the tribe of Benjamin (they lived during and after the Babylonian captivity)

When Israel was divided into southern and northern kingdoms there is evidence in the Tanak that the tribes from northern Israel immigrated to southern Kingdom.

II Chronicles 15:8 to 9

15:8 When Asa heard these words and the prophecy of Azariah son of  Oded the prophet, he took courage. He removed the detestable idols from the whole land of Judah and Benjamin and from the towns he had captured in the hills of Ephraim. He repaired the altar of the LORD that was in front of the portico of the LORD's temple.

15:9 Then he assembled all Judah and Benjamin and the people from Ephraim, Manasseh and Simeon who had settled among them, for large numbers had come over to him from Israel when they saw that the LORD his God was with him.

Therefore the descendents of those immigrants were also amongst the captives when the southern Kingdom collapsed finally.

In 722 B.C. the northern Kingdom was destroyed and in 586 B.C. the southern Kingdom was destroyed by the Babylonians.  It is very hard to believe that the 10 lost tribes would have lost their identity within 136 years?  The Levite priests were still in their midst.  We can also see from the book of Esther that the term Jew is used for the tribe of Benjamin too proving that the term Jew was not applied only to the tribe of Judah!

In our Christian New Testament there is nowhere mentioned that those 10 tribes were lost.

Luke 2:36-37 states about a woman from the Tribe of Asher:

2:36 There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 2:37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.

The epistle which was written by James, a half brother of Jesus begins like this:

James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings

Therefore it is absurd to say that the "lost" 10 tribes went and settled down in different parts of the world.

Replacement theolgy means:  God has cancelled His conventant with Abraham, Issac and Jacob and the covenant relationship is now between God and Christian Church.  No true Christian believes in the replacement theology.  Nowhere in the New Testament there is evidence that Jesus taught about replacement theology.  His disciples and Apostles always believed in the restoration of Israel even during the 1st century.

This wacko theory of "The modern 12 tribes" indeed contradicts the Bible. 

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:10:39 PM by christianzionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 10:51:34 PM »
"...massuhudgoodname 

you are wrong you stated that most jews today are from reuben and levi while most jews today are from judah and some are from levi and benjamin..."

Your are correct.
I should have previewed my post prior to pushing the post button.