Author Topic: Germany to take EU bull by the horns  (Read 8521 times)

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
Germany to take EU bull by the horns
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »
 Germany prepares for more than the EU presidency. Is the world ready?

Germany to Take the EU Bull by the Horns

Rhuan

Re: Germany to take EU bull by the horns
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »
From what I can see this looks like it might be a good thing.

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »
From what I can see this looks like it might be a good thing.

So you need glasses?

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:50:26 AM »
Disagreed.  Any country that has no problem playing host to something like a Love Parade every other year is not in a position to get any international credibility.

Germany is less than 90% German now anyway, and is rapidly being filled up with Muslim Turks, Africans, etc.  It still doesn't have any nuclear weapons with no prospect of getting any.  Another defunct Euro nation headed towards oblivion.

Rhuan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
I do actualluy wear glasses....

Anyway, I only scanned the artcile, and it sounded like the Germans had some good ideas about what should be done inn and by the EU.

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »
I do actualluy wear glasses....

I did for years, then contacts,  and finally had lasik performed.

Anyway, I only scanned the artcile, and it sounded like the Germans had some good ideas about what should be done inn and by the EU.

I didn't mean to sound harsh, but I believe Germany will undoubtedly offer some good ideas as window dressing. That's why we're warned of wolves in sheep's clothing. Didn't even the accursed sHitler start off with some good ideas to move the masses to follow his lead?

Rhuan

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 03:27:34 PM »
Hitler, good ideas?

I don't know what you're talking about. He made nice sounding promises, but never truly backed them up, his whole economic growth thing was all based on defecit funding, meaning that even if he hadn't gone to war nazi germany would have collapsed on his own...

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »
his whole economic growth thing was all based on defecit funding,

*cough*  No parallels with George W. Bush there then.   ;D

Rhuan

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
George Bush uses defecit funding?

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »
Yes, isn't that what you mean?  Funding his policies by borrowing money from abroad.  Which is precisely what his policy of selling debt (bonds) to East Asian countries (competitors) is.

Isn't that what 'deficit' funding is?

Rhuan

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 03:37:48 PM »
Deficit funding is all about funding with loans, if done for too long, it leads to total econonmic collapse... I've studied it very briefly.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
it leads to total econonmic collapse

G-d willing!

Rhuan

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »
You want the US to fall apart?

(It generally takes a long time to get to that point though)

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »
You want the US to fall apart?

(It generally takes a long time to get to that point though)

Of course, don't we all want the *present order of things* to fall apart?

I want the U.S. to return to its Founding Principles, from which I hope you agree is has strayed rather far.

And yes, the current U.S. prosperity has been bought at the expense of the long-run ... the U.S. has a real demographic problem and owes billions in debt to foreign nations ... Germany by the way is the opposite, it is a creditor nation, and has a current account surplus; meaning that it is making massive investments in foreign countries ... HOWEVER ... in the long-run, Europe is going to be swamped by Africans and Muslims, whereas America should be concentrating on securing its borders, as it has a much better chance of surviving the imminent 'African invasion' ....  ;)

Rhuan

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 12:05:48 AM »
Germany shows it's true colours

Germany Behind the Mask: Monster or Marshmallow?

As for the accursed sHitler, isn't it true he put the people back to work, gave them food, restored pride, created the Volkwagen, etc.? I've read if he had quit while he was ahead he would have been praised as the best thing to happen to Germany since Bismarck (I think it was Bismarck). If only....

Germany will offer "solutions" that appear good, at first, to Europe, but in the end, as Margaret Thatcher said about Germany dominating Europe - "it will not work." It'll wreak havoc on the world, the Time of Jacob's Trouble.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:44 AM »

As for the accursed sHitler, isn't it true he put the people back to work, gave them food, restored pride, created the Volkwagen, etc.? I've read if he had quit while he was ahead he would have been praised as the best thing to happen to Germany since Bismarck (I think it was Bismarck). If only....

Germany will offer "solutions" that appear good, at first, to Europe, but in the end, as Margaret Thatcher said about Germany dominating Europe - "it will not work." It'll wreak havoc on the world, the Time of Jacob's Trouble.

Germany after WW1 was a totally defeated country. Hindering any form of recovery was  stagering reparations  and other limitations demanded by France and other conquering powers at the Treaty of Versailles. Hindenburg and the Weimar regime could never have been able to get Germany back on its feet while paying out reparations. When Hitler came to power he  refused to pay reparations and also disregarded most of the Treaties limitations on war production and limits set on the size of its defence. In essence he put Germans back to work in part using that money.
If  Hitlers only motivation was to get Germany back on its feet he may have done well by this action, however as things progressed much more money come from other sources which no civilised country should ever resort to .
Margaret Thatcher who  in my opinion was one of Englands best politicians has stated it correctly in the above quote.
 To me Germany and Europe in general although talking up a good storm with this European Union have a lot to contend with. They are a diverse group of unequal players all looking to divide the pie up evenly. When it gets down to brass tacks the big players are not going to go for this and thats when the fun will start.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:53:13 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Rhuan

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »

I've studied it, not in great detail, but I can tell you, that germany could not carry on with his scheme, he was building bigger and bigger debts with no way of paying them off.

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »

I've studied it, not in great detail, but I can tell you, that germany could not carry on with his scheme, he was building bigger and bigger debts with no way of paying them off.

That's why wars are waged by covetous people to seize booty and get rich off others.

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
Are the Europeans about to restore the power and influence of their respective Royals? In Rome's mind, only an IMPERIAL RESTORATION can save mankind! Will Germany and the Vatican revive the "Holy Roman Empire?"

Catholic Europe in Vogue?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 01:17:38 AM »
Can you say, "Fourth Reich"?