General Category > General Discussion

A CHimpanzee and a nazi

<< < (3/3)

wonderfulgoy:
I'm a fan of thy poetry thus far, Gentilerighteous.

Now, in the zeitgeist of this thread let me put forward a little something I penned myself.   :)

It came to pass, on one bright night,

The firmament illumined by glorious moon shine,

That a young Hebrew came to see the light

Gave up her wicked ways, and for G-d did opine

And the finger of the L-rd was upon her,

And she did fall upon her face

Cried tears of repentance, but was a goner

The ill-lighted menora blew up and sent her into space.

Rhuan:

--- Quote from: NeverMore on September 07, 2006, 05:48:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rhuan on September 07, 2006, 05:32:18 PM ---Sorry, I've just always been rather touchy when people compare me to mass murderers. It also always makes me think of my great grandmother being murdered by the nazis, I know it was before I was born, but that doesn't stop me thinking about it.

--- End quote ---

man, if you could only know how much i sympathize with your sorrow about your great grandmother. i know how it feels, believe me. i also have great grandparents killed in the holocaust (a great grandmother murdered my nazis, a second great grandmother killed by disease during evacuation of Jews from Moldova when hitler (YM"s) invaded, the whole family of my grandmother and other relatives i cant recall right now).
we are on the same side of fighting evil, believe me.

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, I should have taken your original jest as simply a jest, I'm just too used to people saying things like that to me and not meaning it as a joke.

I'm sorry if I brought up painful thoughts with my comments, and I sympathise with you.

NeverMore:

--- Quote from: Rhuan on September 07, 2006, 06:45:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: NeverMore on September 07, 2006, 05:48:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rhuan on September 07, 2006, 05:32:18 PM ---Sorry, I've just always been rather touchy when people compare me to mass murderers. It also always makes me think of my great grandmother being murdered by the nazis, I know it was before I was born, but that doesn't stop me thinking about it.

--- End quote ---

man, if you could only know how much i sympathize with your sorrow about your great grandmother. i know how it feels, believe me. i also have great grandparents killed in the holocaust (a great grandmother murdered my nazis, a second great grandmother killed by disease during evacuation of Jews from Moldova when hitler (YM"s) invaded, the whole family of my grandmother and other relatives i cant recall right now).
we are on the same side of fighting evil, believe me.

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, I should have taken your original jest as simply a jest, I'm just too used to people saying things like that to me and not meaning it as a joke.

I'm sorry if I brought up painful thoughts with my comments, and I sympathise with you.

--- End quote ---

dude, thats cool.

gentilerighteous:

--- Quote from: Get thee hence Satan on September 07, 2006, 06:26:43 PM ---I'm a fan of thy poetry thus far, Gentilerighteous.

Now, in the zeitgeist of this thread let me put forward a little something I penned myself.   :)

It came to pass, on one bright night,

The firmament illumined by glorious moon shine,

That a young Hebrew came to see the light

Gave up her wicked ways, and for G-d did opine

And the finger of the L-rd was upon her,

And she did fall upon her face

Cried tears of repentance, but was a goner

The ill-lighted menora blew up and sent her into space.

--- End quote ---

O M GOODNESS!!!!!!! As I see that one as somewhat funny, (not meaning things blowing up in folks faces, but the poem) ;D :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version