Author Topic: Ammo Question for Eastern European or Russian  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Ammo Question for Eastern European or Russian
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
I am in the process of inventorying my ammo. I came across 2 cases of Russian ammo. They are in green wooden crates and the boxes are lined internally with a thick lead like foil.

One of the cases has 7,62 mm METAK and a bunch of cryllic letters on it. I searched and found that it fits a couple of old M44s that I have. The other case has 7,9 mm METAK on the label. None of the search responses are in English, (That's right I am American and only speak one language).

Can anyone tell me if this is the same as 8mm? I have some old Mausers and it chambers in them OK, but I was afraid to fire it without knowing for sure.

Thanks
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ammo Question for Eastern European or Russian
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:44:03 PM »
Can you get me a few pictures? It sounds like possible 7.62 x 51 surplus. What do the stamps on the back of the casings say, are they in english?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »
I am in the process of inventorying my ammo. I came across 2 cases of Russian ammo. They are in green wooden crates and the boxes are lined internally with a thick lead like foil.

One of the cases has 7,62 mm METAK and a bunch of cryllic letters on it. I searched and found that it fits a couple of old M44s that I have. The other case has 7,9 mm METAK on the label. None of the search responses are in English, (That's right I am American and only speak one language).

Can anyone tell me if this is the same as 8mm? I have some old Mausers and it chambers in them OK, but I was afraid to fire it without knowing for sure.

Thanks

it is the same.  Those mausers you are talking abut (Assuming they are the same as the german k98, or a variant of it) actually fire a 7.92mm round. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »
it is the same.  Those mausers you are talking abut (Assuming they are the same as the german k98, or a variant of it) actually fire a 7.92mm round. 
I'm surrprised that Hidden Author knows a lot about Nazi firearms. Not.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »
I'm surrprised that Hidden Author knows a lot about Nazi firearms. Not.

The cartridge for the K98's do fire 7.92x57mm IS, some were rechambered by Israelis to .308

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
What's the date on the ammo?
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!