Author Topic: "Grey's Anatomy" - a coincidence or what ?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
"Grey's Anatomy" - a coincidence or what ?
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:10:11 PM »
Anybody knows what I'm referring to ?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: "Grey's Anatomy" - a coincidence or what ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »

Greys Anatomy is the name of one of the most famous books on Anatomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grays_anatomy

Henry Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body, commonly shortened to Gray's Anatomy, is an English-language human anatomy textbook widely regarded as a classic work on the subject.

The book was first published under the title Gray's Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical in the United Kingdom in 1858, and the following year in the United States. While studying the anatomical effects of infectious diseases, Gray contracted smallpox from his dying nephew and died shortly after the publication of the 1860 second edition, at the age of 34. Work on his much-praised book was continued by others and on 26 September 2008, the 40th British edition of the book and accompanying website was published under the editorship of Professor Susan Standring.

Whether there is a subliminal message in this title is unknown to me...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
Sorry muman, I mean the shallow TV show with the same name.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »

"Henry Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body, .."

it's obviously not the same name, because if you look at what you quoted(the quote has the right spelling), you see they are spelt differently.  The TV program is Grey. The book is Gray(as in the author).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »

it's obviously not the same name, because if you look at what you quoted(the quote has the right spelling), you see they are spelt differently.  The TV program is Grey. The book is Gray(as in the author).

Yes the TV show mad a pun of the name of the Anatomy book. It is not too hard to figure that out.. Maybe your logic doesnt understand a pun?

PS: I have never watched the show so I dont know what it is about. But when I hear the name I think of the Anatomy book.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »
Muman, since I am guilty of following the show so I'll tell you in brief:
It's about surgeons doctors and interns in Seattle. Between cutting patiance they are always busy in having intensive yet failing romantic relations with their coworkers, patients or family members of the two former classes.

But every time I watch it it reminds me what Chaim said about how blacks are portrayed in the media:
The Chief of surgeons- Black. One of his two seconds- a brilliant black doctor whose significant other is a Korean intern who is also a self hating Jew and an atheist. yet another of the resident doctors- a brilliant doctor who looks and talks like 'Brazilla' (The other two doctors actually have very scholarly accent).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 04:15:16 PM »
Muman, since I am guilty of following the show so I'll tell you in brief:
It's about surgeons doctors and interns in Seattle. Between cutting patiance they are always busy in having intensive yet failing romantic relations with their coworkers, patients or family members of the two former classes.

But every time I watch it it reminds me what Chaim said about how blacks are portrayed in the media:
The Chief of surgeons- Black. One of his two seconds- a brilliant black doctor whose significant other is a Korean intern who is also a self hating Jew and an atheist. yet another of the resident doctors- a brilliant doctor who looks and talks like 'Brazilla' (The other two doctors actually have very scholarly accent).

Oy Vey!

No wonder I dont watch it... Sounds like something which would give me indigestion.

I also never quite liked the Doctor shows at all. I was thinking about this when I saw a recent episode of CSI. I remember back in the 'old days' we had the show 'Quincy M.E' which had suspense, drama, and lacked any gore or scenes of death. Thats what I hate about todays crime shows, so much gore and death...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Quincy

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »

Yes the TV show mad a pun of the name of the Anatomy book. It is not too hard to figure that out.. Maybe your logic doesnt understand a pun?

PS: I have never watched the show so I dont know what it is about. But when I hear the name I think of the Anatomy book.

It's still not the same name.  Your misspelling suggested that it was

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »
I never watched it and don't plan to either
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »
I never watched it and don't plan to either

I haven't either. It was advertised very well though. It's very rare that an advert is good.   Usually when watching TV, I switch channels continuously each time a channel shows an advert that annoys me.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »
 :disease: :disease:
can't stand this filthy show.  I was "forced" into watching it by "friends" of mine, twice.
Makes me puke.
If actual doctors are anything like these scum bags, it would be better to stay home and self-medicate.

Exactly as Zelhar said
"It's about surgeons doctors and interns in Seattle. Between cutting patiance they are always busy in having intensive yet failing romantic relations with their coworkers, patients or family members of the two former classes.

The Chief of surgeons- Black. One of his two seconds- a brilliant black doctor whose significant other is a Korean intern who is also a self hating Jew and an atheist. yet another of the resident doctors- a brilliant doctor who looks and talks like 'Brazilla' (The other two doctors actually have very scholarly accent)."
aka Someone Else