Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 24793 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Where to start?
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2008, 10:08:39 AM »
"By the way, the front cover of the book says "Convincing proofs of the truths of judaism""

IT says "Convincing Evidence of the truths of Judaism"

"And it is described as "Written for the Jew who seeks evidence and proofs that the principal beliefs of Judaism are indeed true""

I dont see that.

try looking at the publisher's website, or other websites describing the book.

Now, we can't have a sensible discussion unless you understand

Hindu Zinoist understands the the difference between these 2 types of book..

Think a bit harder Tzvi, think till it hurts.

It doesn't take much logic to understand this difference. Think a little.

Tell me, do these 2 descriptions still look the same to you.. do you still see no difference between.

-a book that explains about judaism,.

And

-a book that is to prove judaism the true religion - and no doubt that other religions are false or have no evidence.

First off, this book doesn't seem to go after other religions. about the 2 other religions its just 11 pages (and talking about the origins- I skimmed, but it was something to the reffect of yeshu was a religious Jew (and said to follow Torah) and paul introduced the whole virgin we shall worship thing. And mo also wanted to continue in judaism, but was rejected as a prohet. Also some of the sura's broguht (I skimmed).
   The main part of the book is about knowing the Creator and what he created etc. (I think it is more of a book to challenge science instead of other religions). But either way I dont care and it dont matter.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
can some one please tell me, does Aliyah apply to a Non-Jew who converts to Judaism?

Thank You.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39:08 PM »
can some one please tell me, does Aliyah apply to a Non-Jew who converts to Judaism?

Thank You.
A person who completes (orthodox) conversion (and I think also lives in the community where he had undergone the conversion for at least a year), can make Aliyah by Israeli law.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
Thank You Zelhar, thats interesting.