Author Topic: Ohh, no! Hamas threatens to target Tzipi Livni and Ehud Bara[c]k!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
No comment on this one... no comment at all.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1050681.html

Quote from: Fa'agetz.com
In response to Gaza raids, Hamas threatens to assassinate Livni, Barak 

By Amos Harel, Barak Ravid and Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz Correspondents 

Tags: Israel, Israel news, Hamas   

Hamas on Sunday threatened to respond to an ongoing Israel Defense Forces assault on the Gaza Strip by assassinating senior Israeli officials. Senior Hamas official Fatah Hamad specifically threatened Livni and Defense Minister Ehud Barak.

He also threatened that Hamas would go after senior Palestinian Authority officials in the West Bank, as well as "those in the Arab world who have conspired against us," - an apparent reference to Egypt.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas, however, said that Hamas could have prevented Israel's assault had it only agreed to extend the cease-fire, and he urged it to do so now. 

Late Sunday Israel Air Force warplanes attacked a building in the Jebaliya refugee camp next to Gaza City, killing a 14-month-old baby, Gaza Health Ministry official said. (Chaimfan: Yeah, and those IAF pilots also used its blood to make matzos!)

Early Monday, Israel bombed the Islamic University and government compound in Gaza City, centers of Hamas power. Witnesses saw fire and smoke at the university, counting six separate airstrikes there just after midnight.

Other targets were a guest palace used by the Hamas government and the house next to Gaza Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh's home in a refugee camp next to Gaza City. He was not home, as Hamas leaders have gone into hiding.

In the southern town of Rafah, Palestinians said a toddler and his two teenage brothers were killed in an airstrike aimed at a Hamas commander.

Earlier Sunday, the IDF massed troops near the Gaza border in preparation for a possible ground operation against Hamas. In parallel, the cabinet approved a relatively small call-up of the reserves - some 6,700 soldiers - in case they are needed for the operation.

Defense sources said, however, that additional reservists may be called up as the fighting continues.

By comparison, only a few thousand reservists were called up in the first days of the Second Lebanon War in 2006. By the end of the war, however, some 62,000 reservists had been called up.

The air force struck more than 100 targets Sunday, the second day of Israel's aerial bombardment of Gaza. According to Palestinian sources, the bombings killed 43 people, bringing the death toll for the two-day operation to over 290.

Among the targets were 40 smuggling tunnels under the Gaza-Egypt border, which Israel bombed in an effort to shut down Hamas' main conduit for arms. That operation took exactly four minutes.

Most of the targets, however, were in Gaza City, including Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh's office and the offices of various Palestinian security services. The air force also hit several targets in northern Gaza, the main launching pad for Palestinian rocket strikes on Israel.

Palestinians fired about 30 rockets at Israel on Sunday, bringing the number of rockets and mortars fired at the country over the last two days to about 150. That is far fewer than the army had predicted, though defense sources expect the number to increase in the coming days.

For the first time, however, Sunday's launches included two enhanced Katyusha rockets with a 40-kilometer range. Both landed near Ashdod.

Due to the fighting, southern Israel resembled a ghost town on Sunday. The only vehicles on the roads belonged to journalists, the police and, mainly, the army.

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni told the foreign media that Israel does not seek to reoccupy Gaza, and government sources said the Foreign Ministry is already working on an exit strategy - though this strategy would not involve stationing an international force in Gaza.

Israel also promised representatives of international aid organizations that it would continue allowing humanitarian aid into Gaza even as the fighting continued. On Sunday, for instance, the Kerem Shalom crossing was opened to let through 26 trucks carrying food and medical equipment.

By the end of Monday, the third day of Operation Cast Lead, Israel will be close to exhausting its target bank for aerial bombing. At that point, it will have to either launch a ground operation or bring the campaign to a speedy conclusion. Thus far, however, Israel has been sending conflicting messages about where the operation is headed.

On the one hand, despite its stated goal of a limited operation ending in a new and improved cease-fire, Israel has so far not sent Washington its outline of an acceptable formulation and asked it to begin mustering the requisite international support. And since that process is likely to take several days, if the goal were to end the fighting quickly, Israel's diplomatic initiative should have been ready to go at the same time as its military initiative.

This is especially the case because, unlike in the Lebanon war, it does not have the excuse of having been caught by surprise.

On the other hand, the military mobilization so far is not nearly enough for a major ground operation - and even if the requisite several divisions were called up, they would need a few days of training before they were ready to enter Gaza.

At the moment, therefore, neither a full-scale invasion of Gaza nor a quick diplomatic solution seems in sight.

Oh no! Let all of JTF come together to daven for the safety of Tzipporah Schpitzer and Ehud Bara[c]k in this dangerous time!

Chaimfan

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: Ohh, no! Hamas threatens to target Tzipi Livni and Ehud Bara[c]k!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »
here we go again

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
["]

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni told the foreign media that Israel does not seek to reoccupy Gaza, and government sources said the Foreign Ministry is already working on an exit strategy - though this strategy would not involve stationing an international force in Gaza.

[""]

What an idiot!  Who announces publicly, at the outset of an operation, that their side is working on an exit strategy?  She might as well just say, "we don't have the stomach to fight the arabs, so we are going to try to get out as soon as we can because we are more comfortable being weak and pathetic."  What a slimy worm she is.

On a different note, I had to laugh when I read this post.  Hamas has a better chance of sending one of their arabs on one of their rockets to the moon, than it does of getting to Barak or Livni.  Well, one has to admire their sense of ambition!  What a joke!  Hundreds upon hundreds of rockets have been fired from Gaza into southern Israel and how many fatalities have there been?  We're not talking about the most sophisticated or competent organization.  All hamas knows how to do is jihad, and they're not even good at that.  But somehow, they're going to take out Barak or Livni?  Funny stuff!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:59:42 PM by zachor_ve_kavod »

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »
Would it be a bad thing to paint targets on their backs? :::D I'm sorry, but between these leftist Jews, the Arabs and the media, I'm just p-o'ed tonight!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »
you know what Livini and Barack would deserve it.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:07:03 AM »
It would be the greatest and most fitting irony if they were shot with the very guns they gave to the terrorists.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
It would be the greatest and most fitting irony if they were shot with the very guns they gave to the terrorists.
True i would like to see olmert and all leftists killed as well as muzzies. Jewish Leftists i'm especially happy to see dead
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »
True i would like to see olmert and all leftists killed as well as muzzies. Jewish Leftists i'm especially happy to see dead

OR losing the almighty $$$  :$:  TY MADOFF  :P
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »

OR losing the almighty $$$  :$:  TY MADOFF  :P
true i heard he was a liberal and ripped off many Jewish liberal charities that hel[ped blacks and probably muzzies :::D :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 12:59:17 AM »
It would be like when Rabin was shot. Big Deal. NOT *sarcasm*
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:46 AM »
Note my subtle sarcasm in the OP. Indeed it would be fitting for Schpitzer and Bara[c]k to experience what they have forced five million Jews to endure for years.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 03:22:33 PM »
Note my subtle sarcasm in the OP. Indeed it would be fitting for Schpitzer and Bara[c]k to experience what they have forced five million Jews to endure for years.

Indeed I understand what you meant 100%
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh