Author Topic: Request for prayers for my friend, Frank  (Read 980 times)

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
Request for prayers for my friend, Frank
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:41:33 PM »
I have a lifelong friend whom I've known 33 years, his name is Frank and his mother passed away 12/24 (I just found out last night.) She had been in a nursing home and the home took everything she had, so Frank is penniless now (long story).

Frank has been in the process of converting to Torah Judaism for about a year now; he is 55 years old and plans to make aliyah to Eretz Yisrael once he converts. He has a very deep love for Torah and for Am Yisrael. He started out life as a Roman Catholic, then a bornagain Christian (he is of Italian ancestry.)

He is facing a dilemma right now which he needs a lot of prayer for. It seems his mother was of Jewish ancestry via Spain and northern Italy (iow he is of converso ancestry). Because of this he wants his mother buried either in a Jewish cemetery or some alternative, but he doesn't have time since she recently passed. He doesn't know what to do since she was not "officially" Jewish.

He wants to have her body placed somewhere where it can dry out and then he can take her bones with him when he makes aliyah. I told him I don't think its allowed to do that in this day and age (this is what they often did in Biblical times until about the Second Temple period.)

Bottom line, he doesn't want her body left here in galut, he wants to be able to take it with him when he goes. I don't know what to tell him, does anyone know?
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Request for prayers for my friend, Frank
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
May G-d provide comfort to your friend Frank.  As for bringing his mother to Israel to be buried, I can't see it happening.  I suppose he can contact the Israeli embassy and ask, but I don't imagine that they will allow it.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »
He should contact Rabbis in Israel the evil Israeli Govt are atheists
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »
I'm so sorry about your friend. 

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »
im So sorry , of course I will pray
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »
I am sorry that his mother died right before the holidays

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
I will pray for your friend Frank.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:09:46 AM »
Since he is penny-less, he should take care of himself and not worry about moving his mother's bones to Israel. He carries her memory with him, her bones are just... bones. He should just get her a descent burial somewhere and consult with rabbi whether it is appropriate to say a kaddish for her.