Author Topic: Hamas Senior Official Nizar Rayyan Killed  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Hamas Senior Official Nizar Rayyan Killed
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 01:51:32 AM »
Muman, I know you are very sensitive to how poseks are discussed, but I didn't say anything to insult Rabbi Yosef. I don't care for many of his decisions, but did not attack him. I do hope that he turns from his non-Zionist Charedism and embraces true Torahic Zionism.

We'll just have to agree to differ on this. Chaim knows much more about Rabbi Ovadia Yosef than I or most others here, and so he would be the best person to ask questions about him to. I am almost positive that ROY once declared that Arabs are the brothers of Jews. I do consider that very unfortunate, and think it is sad that there are devout religious Jews in Israel who believe that.

As Tzvi said, this discussion is over. I know some people don't care for me or others criticizing rabbis, but the truth is that I am much, much harsher on Christian leaders. I do not single anybody out.

Thank you for your compliment at the end of your response.

CF

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 02:04:10 AM »
" I am almost positive that ROY once declared that Arabs are the brothers of Jews. I do consider that very unfortunate, and think it is sad that there are devout religious Jews in Israel who believe that."

If you are going to say something like that, then back it up. Bottom line is that he did not say that. And attaching a wrong reputation to him is an attack on him becuase it makes people have the wrong impression of what Rav Ovadia Yosef has actually said and didn't say. If you want me to quote him saying that Arabs are snakes that should be destroyed, I can do that for you, while I will bet on it that you wont find the Rav saying that we need to embrace and love the arab enemies and that they are our brothers, etc.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 07:06:37 AM »
Rabbi Yosef is great rabbi yet he is a very small and petty politician, its a fact. When a man decides to delve into politics he should expect people will have something to say about his achievements and stands. I have to criticise the horrible petty leader of shas who had enabled the oslo agreements and whose minions sat in EVERY traitorous israeli government  since 1984. I'm so sorry but a rabbinical title doesn't give a man a card blanch to do whatever he wants and face no criticism.