Author Topic: Surprised by the media? Shame on you...and me.  (Read 561 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Surprised by the media? Shame on you...and me.
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:43:57 AM »
I hate to admit it, but for a fraction of a second, I thought CNN was going to be balanced.  It was just for a fraction of a second, honestly.

I happened to turn on the tv for a minute and I was flipping throught the channels, when I stumbled upon CNN.  And they were talking about the Israeli assault upon Gaza, and I thought I would listen for a minute, just so I could know what a person who only listens to CNN would think about this story.

So the woman was saying that she had interviewed someone who was working with the "Palestinians", and in the interest of balanced reporting, she would now show an interview she had featuring the Israeli point of view.  I was skeptical but I thought I'd watch.  It was during this moment before she said who the interview was with that I thought (foolishly) that CNN was actually going to attempt some balanced reporting.  Then she introduced the person she had held the interview with, A KIBBUTZNIK!!!  And I said something like "Oh for crying out loud!  A kibbutznik represents the Israeli side of things?  (Actually, I think my language was a little more off colour).

And I changed the channel.  So I flipped a few more channels angrily.  Then I thought (again foolishly) maybe not all kibbutznikim are crazy.  So I flipped back.  Need I tell you what he was saying?  Need I tell you?  Oh, the "Palestinians"  want peace, and we want peace, and the world wants peace, and we have to call on the politicians ON BOTH SIDES to stop THE CYCLE OF VIOLENCE...

Shame on me for even hoping that I might be pleasantly surprised.  Rabbi Kahane was absolutely right when he called the kibbutznikim a bunch of spoiled brats.  They are nothing but a bunch of spoiled communist children with no sense of right and wrong and no sense of justice and no sense of Judaism--none.

And it gives me no joy to say this because I was born and lived on kibbutz until we moved to Canada.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: Surprised by the media? Shame on you...and me.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »
 :laugh:  Yes, CNN does, once in a while show hints of accuracy, but for the most part lives up to it's name.  (communist news network)
A side note- you live in Canada- then you must be acquainted with Mark Steyn- I enjoy his work:

http://www.marksteyn.com/
aka Someone Else

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:15:46 AM »
:laugh:  Yes, CNN does, once in a while show hints of accuracy, but for the most part lives up to it's name.  (communist news network)
A side note- you live in Canada- then you must be acquainted with Mark Steyn- I enjoy his work:

http://www.marksteyn.com/

Believe it or not, the only thing I have ever heard about Mark Stein is that he wrote an article in Maclean's magazine that the muslims didn't like.  Canadian media is ruled by the CRTC and the CBC, which are both Jew hating.  It's almost impossible to hear the truth just from Canadian media, so I get most of my information online.
But this website you linked looks quite good.  I've bookmarked it and I will read it more carefully tomorrow.  Thank you for that.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:03:11 AM »
The media thinks they are being balanced too.  They had an ABC report where they reflected on women in politics and they had a panel of famous women.  They were all left wing, an editor of Vogue, Joy Behar and some black lady.  They said Hillary was amazing but Palin hurt women.  What a surprise! 

Canadian television just seems insane.  Every time I've been up there they make the pc in the USA look like JTF.  I saw some report on global warming from CBC (I think that's the station) that said that global warming critics were all paid by corporations and nothing else.  I tend to be a bit left wing on global warming but to say that people who think it should reexamined or have reservations are just paid off mouthpieces, is Marxism at its worst.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:31:14 AM »
About the only media outlet on the TV that is halfway watchable is Fox News. Soon CNN can be called by its old name again Clinton News Network however I like Pastor Manning's name for it "Cable Negro News". This may be a more fitting name for it seeing what we now have coming in as president.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years