Author Topic: Hudna = ceasefire  (Read 565 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Hudna = ceasefire
« on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
There is alot of talk at the moment about israel having a ceasefire with Hamas..

People  here should know some technicalities about what a ceasefire means to the arabs.

The arabs have a concept of a Hudna, that's the word they use. It doesn't mean ceasefire, it means a cessation of violence while they rearm.. as in, "please wait while I reload my rifle" , except they would say in English  please have a ceasefire.

It is disgusting that the british prime minister Gordon Brown is pushing for a so-called "ceasefire".

Arafat spoke about a Hudna in one of his speeches long ago.. Giving mohammed's actions as an example.

Muslims know very well about the -treaty of hudaibiya-

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/316
On 10 May 1994, Arafat said
"I see this agreement as being no more than the agreement signed between our Prophet Muhammad and the Quraysh in Mecca...we now accept the peace agreement, but [only in order] to continue on the road to Jerusalem."

note- I guess muslims would say it was the meccans that broke it.
But. fact is that regarding any peace agreement between israel and the arabs, the muslims would say israel broke it, so they are not bound by it!
Infact, I think if a muslim attacked israe and israel killed him, the muslim s could technically say that israel broke the agreement.  Of course, they'd say it anyway, since israel they think occupies their land.  So it's broken before it started, so they would not be bound by it. And they don't care anyway..

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Hudna = ceasefire
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »
I'm familiar with the term.  It's a taqiya tactic.  They called the Oslo Peace Accord the "Oslo Hudna Accord."  It's really quite pathetic that the only thing stopping westerners from learning what the Arabs are up to is the language barrier.  They say openly what they plan to do in Arabic.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hudna = ceasefire
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:56 AM »
I'm familiar with the term.  It's a taqiya tactic.  They called the Oslo Peace Accord the "Oslo Hudna Accord."  It's really quite pathetic that the only thing stopping westerners from learning what the Arabs are up to is the language barrier.  They say openly what they plan to do in Arabic.

Regarding what the arabs are up to..

I think they say it in english too!! And in action.  Even in votes. It's not like we need people that know arabic and islam to decipher their intentions.

Taqiya is a shia thing, it seems to allow them to violate islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya
So I don't think any Sunni muslim would have Takiya in mind..

They are being smart though.. They say Jihad , but in islam, words have a linguistic meaning and a meaning in sharia, and in sharia a meaning is war.  And I think that's actually the highest meaning.. And that's the meaning they use so often in the middle east.   But even if it did only mean "struggle", we know what they are getting at when they say it and start wars!  Infact, Mein Kampf means "my struggle". So it's not necessarily an innocent word - when it's used in a context!

The ceasefire/hudna thing is not that well known in the west.

It's important that people are educated particularly at this time, when a "ceasefire" is being encouraged.  I heard Netanyahu speak on youtube, he skipped the whole hudna thing.. But when asked about the ceasefire, he said that in the past they did a ceasefire and hamas still fired. So they have to not just stop Hamas from firing now, but prevent them from firing in the future.   That was very clear and practical..  It's good to know about hudna and no doubt netanyahu does. But he didn't go that route.. he took a more practical one..