Author Topic: Carnival Cruiselines - Israeli company?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Carnival Cruiselines - Israeli company?
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
I've heard that Carnival Cruiselines is owned by a Israeli company or by a Jew, anyone able to confirm this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Arison

Ted Arison (1924 – October 1, 1999) was an Israeli-American businessman who co-founded Norwegian Cruise Lines in 1966 with Knut Kloster and founded Carnival Cruise Lines in 1972.

Born in Tel Aviv, Palestine (then under the British Mandate; now in Israel), he fought in the Jewish Brigade of the British Army during World War II. He moved to the United States in the early 1950s and created Carnival Cruise Lines in 1972 in which he made his fortune.

Later, he established the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts based in Miami. He brought professional basketball to South Florida with the forming of the Miami Heat in 1988, and established the philanthropic Arison Foundation in Israel and the United States.

In 1990, he renounced his U.S. citizenship, in an effort to avoid U.S. Estate Taxes (and failed to meet the 10 years out of the United States rules on this matter, when he died in 1999) and returned to Israel and founded Arison Investments.[1] In 1997 he headed a consortium that purchased the controlling share in Bank Hapoalim for more than $1 billion -- the largest privatization deal in Israel's history.

His children include Micky Arison and Shari Arison.

I've been on 3 Carnival cruises before and planning another with my girlfriend this November or December, it'd be good to know I am supporting a Jewish owned company.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Carnival Cruiselines - Israeli company?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »
Yes it is true, Shari Arison is the richest Israeli, she controls Bank Hapoalim and other businesses in Israel. Micky Arison is an American. He controls Carnival and holds a smaller stake in the Israeli businesses (and Shari is reportedly going to buy him out).

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
Yes it is true, Shari Arison is the richest Israeli, she controls Bank Hapoalim and other businesses in Israel. Micky Arison is an American. He controls Carnival and holds a smaller stake in the Israeli businesses (and Shari is reportedly going to buy him out).

What are their political beliefs? I'd rather support an Israeli company than go on Royal Caribbean which is owned by Norwegian cruise lines.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »

What are their political beliefs? I'd rather support an Israeli company than go on Royal Caribbean which is owned by Norwegian cruise lines.

I thought Royal was Dutch? Norwegian Cruise is obviously Norwegian..

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »
Oops, never mind, I was thinking of Royal Dutch Shell ::)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »
Oops, never mind, I was thinking of Royal Dutch Shell ::)

The only other ship I went on was the SS Independence in Hawaii and that was the last ship to fly an American flag, built in the 1950's. Unfortunately that ship was scrapped, spent a fortune on the suite but it was worth it.

I don't know much about Dutch or Norwegian but I never have had a complaint on a Carnival ship, the food is usually good, staff are friendly, rooms are pretty decent sized, and lots to do on the ships and islands. The only advantage i've heard with Royal Caribbean is that they own a few private islands.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 06:20:45 AM »
I don't know what Shari Arison's political affiliation. I think her late father was affiliated to the Labor party since he was a commander in the Hagana. I've never heard her expressing her political views but she has a crazy charity organization that preach a silly new age message to people.

BTW 'Royal Carribean' is also part owned by the Israeli Offer family. They are far worse than Arrison, they are heavily involved in businesses with Arabs from dubai and with other muslims and so they are a greater dhimis than Arison.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
I don't know what Shari Arison's political affiliation. I think her late father was affiliated to the Labor party since he was a commander in the Hagana. I've never heard her expressing her political views but she has a crazy charity organization that preach a silly new age message to people.

BTW 'Royal Carribean' is also part owned by the Israeli Offer family. They are far worse than Arrison, they are heavily involved in businesses with Arabs from dubai and with other muslims and so they are a greater dhimis than Arison.

Never knew that, any other cruiselines owned by Jews or Israelis?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »
Non that I know of.