Author Topic: Don't complain about America (It could be worse...)  (Read 692 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Don't complain about America (It could be worse...)
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
You could live in Canada.  The fascist/communist labour union of Ontario, a group of lowlifes called CUPE, has proposed a resolution seeking to ban Israeli academics from “doing speaking, teaching or research work at Ontario universities”.

This is hardly the first time CUPE has tried to pass such anti-Jewish resolutions.  Previous similar resolutions have failed, but I am more pessimistic about this one.  The CBC has been incessantly maligning Israel since it has started targeting Hamas last week.  Popular discourse has been anywhere from anti-Israel to anti-Semitic.

There is a world of difference between America and Canada.  While there are many anti-Israel currents running through American discourse, America as a whole is still a pro-Israel country (that is at least until Obama takes over and straps the rat cage over the collective American face).

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Don't complain about America (It could be worse...)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »
Link please?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Link please?

I got my information from this press release by the B'Nai Brith Canada.  Here is the press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
‘CUPE-National must address blatant discrimination

by its Ontario affiliate,’ says B’nai Brith Canada 

TORONTO, January 6, 2009 – B’nai Brith Canada has called on CUPE-National to come forward to distance itself from the proposed resolution by its CUPE-Ontario affiliate that seeks to ban Israeli academics from “doing speaking, teaching or research work at Ontario universities”. The Jewish human rights group has urged CUPE-National to undertake a wide-scale operational review of CUPE–Ontario practices in light of its persistent advancement of a vehemently anti-Israel agenda. 

“This blatant and openly discriminatory resolution by CUPE-Ontario against Israeli nationals is in contravention of Canadian human rights law,” said Frank Dimant, B’nai Brith Canada’s Executive Vice President. “Public unions should not be used as breeding grounds for negatively singling out one group of people and denying them their basic rights and freedoms.

“CUPE-Ontario has betrayed a pattern of agitating against Israel that must be addressed at the national level by its parent body. We urge CUPE-National to take steps to immediately distance itself from this biased and discriminatory resolution and to undertake a wider review of CUPE-Ontario’s operational practices that have systematically tried to delegitimize the Jewish State and its right to self-defence.”

-30-

B’nai Brith Canada has been active in Canada since 1875
 as the Jewish community’s foremost human rights agency

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »
Jonathan Kay on the disgusting anti-Israel bigotry of CUPE

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/01/05/jonathan-kay-on-the-disgusting-anti-israeli-bigtory-of-sid-ryan-and-cupe-ontario.aspx

Well, I'm glad that article was in the National Post.  Generally, I've found the National Post to be the most morally upright of the Canadian newspapers.  And that was a good article, by the way.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:54 AM »
You are right.  Canada is way more leftist than the USA but we are trying really, really hard to catch up to you!

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:56:15 PM »
Don't try "too" hard.  Do you know what would happen if Canada got a Hussein Obama type as PM?  All the gay abortion-loving feminist marxists like CUPE would gain full control.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!