Author Topic: Quote from Movie DeathWish  (Read 512 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Quote from Movie DeathWish
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
I am watching DeathWish {The original} on TV this afternoon.

A classic line was just said:

Charles Bronsons character is talking to his son and asks:

"What do you call people... who when faced with a condition of fear... do nothing about it? They just run and hide..."

His son says:

"Civilized?"

He responds:

"No"

It is this question which I think is crucial to consider. We are not civilized when we cower in fear at the threats and attacks from the Arab enemies. To expect Israelis to climb into sewer pipes when rockets are falling is not a sane solution. Nobody should have to walk in fear in their own land.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: Quote from Movie DeathWish
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »
muman, just curious.  Where you watching it on AMC by any chance.  I was watching it last night on that channel.  Very good movie, which got exploited into mindless sequels afterwards.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »
muman, just curious.  Where you watching it on AMC by any chance.  I was watching it last night on that channel.  Very good movie, which got exploited into mindless sequels afterwards.

Hello RanterMaximus,

Yes I am watching it on AMC...

:)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:58:11 PM »
Fear is an instinct.  We have to overcome our instincts.  Fear is also an individual need, and there are some things that are more important than individual safety.  The most important thing is that Jews live as a free people in their own land.  This is why there is a milchemet mitzvah.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

I wouldn't say that, #3 was good as a sequel. IMO Long Live Paul Kersey! :)