Author Topic: Who are White Serbs and Sorbs?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Who are White Serbs and Sorbs?
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:59:29 AM »
There is a people in South-East Germany that's called White Serbs. I also heard of the name Sorbs, is it the same as "White Serbs"?

Are these groups considered a part of the Serbian people today?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Nik_Srb

• Full JTFer
Re: Who are White Serbs and Sorbs?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »
porhaps ur thinking about "Luzicki Srbi",dunno

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
It is known that before Serbs came to Balkans they lived in today's Germany and Poland.They were known as "White Serbs" and just next to them "White Croats" lived(just like today where we are).
Their country was known as "White Serbia"(Bela Srbija) and on their west there was "White Croatia"(Bela Hrvatska).For example,Czar of Frankony(Frankonia) built the wall toward Serbian Czarhood and he called it "Limitus Sorbicus"("limitus"=border,"sorbicus"=I don't have to explain ;-) )

Small remaining part of Serbian people left there today is known as "Luzicki Srbi" or in German language "Lausitzer Sorben"(http://www.sorben.de/).Today they have more similarities with Polish and German people then with us.They mixed with Baltic,German nations and Polish people,while we(current Serbs on south,Balkans) have certain influence of Vlahs,Illyrians and Romanians.

They call lands where they live like "Serbja"(Serbya) wich is the same semantic root as "Serbiya".Serbs before 20th century pronounced the name of our country like that-"Serbiya".

"Sorbs" is one of the variates for current modern name of the Serbs,probably the oldest one...and it could be the "original",as our current language is "spoiled" because of mixing up with other nations and influence of their languages.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:59:27 PM by Kerber »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »
I don't know exactly, but clear is, that the sorbs are speaking as mother-language a slaw language like the Serbs. They are mostly very conservative, like the Poles.

I think they understand Serbian language and the most of them will understand English as well, so ask them  :)

http://interserb.de/
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
On Wikipedia about:
1.White Serbs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Serbs
   and
2.White Serbia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Serbia

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 04:12:27 AM »
Thanks for information!
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
That's true they're the last western Slavic people who survived the German colonisation of East Germany, it's Shame that Stalin was adamant to punish Poland for 1920 war and not gave us Luzyce after WWII. They're catholic unlike Saxon Germans.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »
That's true they're the last western Slavic people who survived the German colonisation of East Germany, it's Shame that Stalin was adamant to punish Poland for 1920 war and not gave us Luzyce after WWII. They're catholic unlike Saxon Germans.

True, they are.

But I think they should decide for themselves. This is not a decision of Poles and Russians, but of Sorbs.  8)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani