Author Topic: Bush ponders how democracy will survive in Iraq  (Read 690 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Bush ponders how democracy will survive in Iraq
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »
WASHINGTON – President Bush says he isn't certain whether democracy will survive in Iraq.

Summing up his legacy as president, Bush told a news conference he did the right thing in sending an additional 30,000 American troops there to lower the level of daily violence and to stabilize life in the wartorn country.

Bush told reporters that, "The question is, in the long run, will this democracy survive, and that's going to be a question for future presidents."

The president has come under harsh criticism for the Iraq war, now in its sixth year. There have been over 4,000 U.S. deaths since the invasion and toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090112/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_newser_iraq

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: Bush ponders how democracy will survive in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »
I would gain respect for this moron if he would just come out and admit he was wrong on going into Iraq.  What a waste this man was.  A total failure.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »
I would gain respect for this moron if he would just come out and admit he was wrong on going into Iraq.  What a waste this man was.  A total failure.

I dont think it was wrong to go into Iraq. In retrospect it was an excellent idea. I do believe it has created the battlefield outside of USA. I believe that Iraq has attracted all of the terrorists and did a good job of keeping America safe. Also nobody can claim that there was not WMD issues which all intelligence agencies knew Iraq possessed. As a matter of fact our mission discovered more WMD than the media has led us to believe.

I think it is wonderful Saddam Hussien is removed from this world. The Iraq war was a brilliant tactic!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

I dont think it was wrong to go into Iraq. In retrospect it was an excellent idea. I do believe it has created the battlefield outside of USA. I believe that Iraq has attracted all of the terrorists and did a good job of keeping America safe. Also nobody can claim that there was not WMD issues which all intelligence agencies knew Iraq possessed. As a matter of fact our mission discovered more WMD than the media has led us to believe.

I think it is wonderful Saddam Hussien is removed from this world. The Iraq war was a brilliant tactic!

I could not agree with you more muman. I thought I was alone in  my position on this issue. I am glad to see someone else on the forum that thinks outside of the conventional talking points. :clap:
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:54 PM »
Here's how democracy will survive in Iraq:

First few years it's fine
Until the president turns out to be a weak failure, which will incite extremists and former moderates to want to whack him
Creating a power vacuum at the top and the enactment of Martial Law
which will ultimately end up with the reign of Saddam 2.0
Until America goes in again and kicks hizass in 20 years
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:07:04 AM »

I could not agree with you more muman. I thought I was alone in  my position on this issue. I am glad to see someone else on the forum that thinks outside of the conventional talking points. :clap:

I think Iraq was a mistake because Iran should have been taken out first.  Saddam Hussein should have been taken out and Iraq broken into three countries.  The more Muslim states, the better.  The worst situation would be one giant Muslim country.

There was absolutely no way anyone could have known that Iraq didn't have WMD's when Saddams own henchmen didn't know.  It was one of the biggest bluffs in history.  For Obama and Michael Moore to say they knew is the biggest lie around.  They made the correct decision for wrong and evil reasons.  Rumsfeld really screwed up by not learning the lessons from Vietnam and overwhelming the enemy, rather than getting slowly destroyed by him. McCain supporting the surge was a brave and good decision. Also, Iraq should have been sold to America differently.  They hinted it was tied to 9-11 when they should have let America know that Iraq was dangerous because they too were Muslims that hate America.  We learned in 9-11 not to ignore any threat and that lesson should be applied to Iraq.  We saw that if you ignore someone that hates you, it won't just go away and they will attack you when you don't expect it.

Obama will screw up Iraq because he is interested in polls and what the average joe thinks.  The average Joe is an idiot and trying to make him feel good will be like the Clinton administration.  Short term positive gain with long term negative consequences. 

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
Bush ponders how democracy will survive in Iraq? He shud punder if it will survive in USA.
We alredy have Hussein 2.0. He's name Barack Hussein Obama. He won on anti Bush protest votes.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
The problem with the current U.S. approach to war is that victory is never the desired outcome, due in large part to the media and it's agenda.  In fairness to Bush, I really think that the left was never on his side.  The Democrats, even those that voted for the war, were never on Bush's side.  In only a few months they where yelling quagmire and a year later they were sabotaging the war effort with Abu Ghraib.  The left wanted the war to fail because they wanted Bush to fail.  Bush and his cabinet had no clue what to do after Saddam fell.  A snowball has a better chance in hell than democracy does in Iraq.