Author Topic: Dilemma : Course of Action In Voting 2006 Elections  (Read 6153 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Dilemma : Course of Action In Voting 2006 Elections
« on: September 09, 2006, 08:19:05 AM »
Dilemma :  Course of Action In  Voting  2006 Elections. As a life long card carrying Republican I am torn as to how I should vote in the up comming elections. The main reason for my dilemma is the poor way President Bush and the Republican majority in both houses have handled the immigration issue. For the most part I am a party line voter with some small exceptions. The dilemma that comes in is I don't want to toss out the baby with the bath water so to speak and end up worse off down the road. If anyone else here has this dilemma I would be interested in hearing any opinions.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 08:28:56 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Dilemma : Course of Action In Voting 2006 Elections
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
Dilemma :  Course of Action In  Voting  2006 Elections. As a life long card carrying Republican I am torn as to how I should vote in the up comming elections. The main reason for my dilemma is the poor way President Bush and the Republican majority in both houses have handled the immigration issue. For the most part I am a party line voter with some small exceptions. The dilemma that comes in is I don't want to toss out the baby with the bath water so to speak and end up worse off down the road. If anyone else here has this dilemma I would be interested in hearing any opinions.

The whole "two party" system needs to go. The latest "republicans" are turning out to be as liberal as the most left of the democrats. Why even use those useless terms anymore?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:32:42 AM »
Exactly. Politicians today are not only lier's on the issues they missrepresent their entire platform. The real problem here for me is that looking around at whats running it goes from bad to worse. I was at a local get together yesterday  and a local political hopeful running for US Congress  dropped by to take advantage of meeting a large group in an informal setting. He used used all the right buzz words speaking to a group that was all white and seemed to be conservative. He was off a bit since many of the people are new deal Democrats and children of such and are more moderate in their thinking then he might have thought.
If I had time I would like to see what  promises I would hear about immigration if there were a few brown faces in the crowd. Would their be  tough on immigration speech for that group. Unfortunately once they gain office they seem to disregard the promises they made to people while trying to get there and actually openly disregard the original positions they ran on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:34:00 AM by cjd »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »
They should all be forced to lay out their issues... where they stand on everything... what they plan to do. Now-a-days they just bash each other and look for dirt. The first thing they should talk about is what they stand for. Even the last presidential election went like this... just bashing back and forth. I heard the next one is supposed to be even worse.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 05:09:53 PM »
DILEMMA:

-VOTE FOR MORE OF THE SAME AND RESULT IS INTOLERABLE, LEADING TO DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A.

-VOTE FOR THE ONLY PRACTICAL CHOICE OPPOSITION PARTY AND THE RESULT IS MORE OF THE SAME PLUS MUCH MUCH WORSE, LEADING TO DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A.

-OR; DON'T VOTE AT ALL, RESULTING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A. BY WHICHEVER CRIMINAL PARTY WINS THE ELECTION.

MASSUH'S PREDICTION:
A DISENCHANTED AMERICAN POPULATION WILL EVENTUALLY AND SOON TURN TO THE MOST RADICAL EXTREMES OFFERING A REVOLT AGAINST THE STATUS QUO, RESULTING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A. AND IN ITS PLACE EITHER A FASCIST REGIME, NAZI REGIME, COMMUNIST REGIME, OR A SCENARIO RESEMBLING THE AFTERMATH OF THE BREAKUP OF THE USSR.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 10:02:18 PM »
Decay of morals has always led to the fall of civilizations.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:48:02 AM »
Unfortunatly for us
They should all be forced to lay out their issues... where they stand on everything... what they plan to do. Now-a-days they just bash each other and look for dirt. The first thing they should talk about is what they stand for. Even the last presidential election went like this... just bashing back and forth. I heard the next one is supposed to be even worse.

Yes and then we should have a way to hold them accountable to what they promise. I am not looking forward to the next presidential election. I have a feeling your right and I see little productive  comming out of it in the end.

DILEMMA:

-VOTE FOR MORE OF THE SAME AND RESULT IS INTOLERABLE, LEADING TO DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A.

-VOTE FOR THE ONLY PRACTICAL CHOICE OPPOSITION PARTY AND THE RESULT IS MORE OF THE SAME PLUS MUCH MUCH WORSE, LEADING TO DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A.

-OR; DON'T VOTE AT ALL, RESULTING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A. BY WHICHEVER CRIMINAL PARTY WINS THE ELECTION.

MASSUH'S PREDICTION:
A DISENCHANTED AMERICAN POPULATION WILL EVENTUALLY AND SOON TURN TO THE MOST RADICAL EXTREMES OFFERING A REVOLT AGAINST THE STATUS QUO, RESULTING IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE U.S.A. AND IN ITS PLACE EITHER A FASCIST REGIME, NAZI REGIME, COMMUNIST REGIME, OR A SCENARIO RESEMBLING THE AFTERMATH OF THE BREAKUP OF THE USSR.

Massuh I think you have it exactly right.