Author Topic: The Time Clock Has Run Out: Israel Ready to Strike Iran  (Read 732 times)

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
The Time Clock Has Run Out: Israel Ready to Strike Iran
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:33 AM »
http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/israel_iran_attack_plan/2009/01/12/170485.html

The Time Clock Has Run Out: Israel Ready to Strike Iran
By: Jim Meyers
Informed sources in Washington tell Newsmax that Israel indeed will launch a strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities soon – possibly in just days as President George W. Bush prepares to leave office.

The reason: The time clock has begun to run out. Iran is close to acquiring a nuclear device under the control of its radical president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei said in June that Iran would have a nuclear weapon in as little as six months.

That six-month period has passed.

Reports of Israel’s decision to imminently launch strikes, although unconfirmed, would seem to contradict the Bush stance outlined in a front-page New York Times story last week, which asserted that Bush rejected a plea from Israel last year to help it raid Iran’s main nuclear complex.

The Times said Israel was rebuffed after it requested from the U.S. specialized bunker-busting bombs that it needs to attack Iran’s nuclear complex at Natanz. The U.S. also reportedly nixed permission to the Israeli warplanes to fly over Iraqi territory to reach Iran.

Israel’s requests to the U.S. for military assistance came as the Jewish state was reportedly angry over a U.S. intelligence assessment in late 2007 that concluded Iran had effectively suspended its development of nuclear weapons.

But an investigative report circulated by IAEA chief ElBaradei late last year disclosed that Iran was continuing to carry out uranium enrichment and had already established 6,000 centrifuges for enriching uranium, of which 3,800 were then in operation.

American intelligence officials now estimate that the figure is 4,000 to 5,000 centrifuges, enough to produce about one weapon’s worth of uranium every eight months or so, according to the Times.

The IAEA report estimated that Iran has obtained two tons of enriched uranium since its enrichment program was restarted at Natanz two years ago.

Last year 100 Israeli jets took part in an exercise over the eastern Mediterranean that was interpreted as a dress rehearsal for a possible attack on Iran.

And on Sept. 6 Israel launched an air attack against a site in Syria believed to be a nuclear-related facility containing material delivered by North Korea.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton predicted that Israel would stage a raid against Iran's nuclear facilities if Barack Obama won the presidential election.

Bolton stated that he believed the Israeli attack would take place sometime between the day after Obama's win and his inauguration on January 20.

In an interview with FOX News, Bolton reasoned that Israel wouldn’t be able to hold off a strike on Iran any longer than that given Obama’s more conciliatory approach to Iran.

The Israeli government “would have to make a judgment whether to [strike] during the remainder of President Bush’s term in office or wait for his successor,” Bolton added.

William Perry, U.S. Secretary of Defense under President Bill Clinton, said that Obama would face a major crisis in his first few months in office over Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Perry, speaking at a foreign policy conference on Jan. 8, said that Iran is "moving inexorably toward becoming a nuclear power" and “it seems clear that Israel will not sit by idle while Iran takes the final steps toward becoming a nuclear power."

And former CIA officer Robert Baer, author of the new book “The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower,” told Newsmax in October that Iran was at that time probably months, if not weeks, away from war with Israel.

The repercussions of an Israeli attack are not clear.

Though Arab states remain openly hostile to Israel, many who belong to the Sunni branch of Islam fear the rise of a nuclear Iran, a nation dominated by Shiite imams. Gulf states like Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have been quietly pressing the U.S. to take action against Iran – and may secretly root for an Israeli attack.

But Iran, even without nuclear weapons, is a regional power. If attacked, they are likely to press proxy terror groups like Hamas and Hezbollah to launch offensives against Israel and possibly the U.S.

Iran has warned in the past that it would launch a “missile blitz” against Gulf states if it is attacked.

And last July a senior Iranian official said the Islamic Republic would destroy Israel and 32 U.S. military bases in the Middle East if Iran is attacked over its nuclear program.

“Israel and 32 U.S. military bases in the region would not be out of the reach of our missiles and would be destroyed," the semi-official Fars News Agency quoted Mojtaba Zolnour as saying in a speech.

Zolnour is the deputy of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's representative in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards.

Even more ominously, Iran has reportedly carried out missile tests for what could be a plan for a nuclear strike on the U.S.

---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: The Time Clock Has Run Out: Israel Ready to Strike Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:15:53 AM »
I hope it's true

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 12:18:01 AM »
The situation is not going to get any better the longer Israel waits.  They should do it now, although the consequences will be severe.  Waiting will make things much worse.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:31:10 AM »
Iran will reap what it has sown. May Hashem bless the IAF and all involved in the initial strike. I will stay home from work the day the attack begins because I do fear that Iran has placed terrorists in the Bay area to disrupt things. I have thought that the bridges are very attractive targets to disrupt the lives of many million people.

It is very sad that America has to be such a loser in this conflict. I have been proud of this country because of its principles and how America has stood up for those principles. It seems that those days are now in the past and we are facing a new, sad face of America. It makes me so sick to see Obamas sickly face on collector plates in Walgreens today. His is the weak sad face of the new America.

PS: Both Bush and Congolizza Ricepatty turned out to be very, very disappointing. Like thinking someone has a backbone and finding out they are really more wimpy than the liberals.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 01:56:15 AM »
I will pray that God will guide your pilots Israel.  This is not only necessary for Israel but the whole world. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 02:05:25 AM »
I have said for a long time that the longer Israel waits to knock out Iran's nuclear site, the worse it will be for them.  So I agree with all those here who are saying "I hope it's true!"  Menachem Begin would never have waited this long.  I believe, just as in Gaza, they have no choice.  I also fear that this attack by Israel will have enormous consequences.  But, as I see it, it's all about the survival of the Jewish state and Israel can't turn back now.  It would be national suicide.  My only regret is that I can't get into one of the bombers and fly on this all-important mission with the IAF.  I will pray for this mission like I've never prayed for anything before.

Offline 4International

• JTFer in Exile
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 02:20:02 AM »

Nearly 5 long years were wasted listening to Bush & co in the CFR who said in mid 2004 that a strike on Iran would be bad for America and implicitly, American big business interests. Israel should never have to wait for a "green light" from Washington for anything - especially when her very survival is at stake. I pray that the strike happens very, very soon - and as dear brothers muman613 and yeshuadisciple have said - may HaShem bless and protect the pilots of the IAF in carrying out this life-saving, essential mission not just for Israel, but for Western civilization as a whole.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 02:29:55 AM »
Strike out the Iran and its nuke capability.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 02:36:04 AM »

Nearly 5 long years were wasted listening to Bush & co in the CFR who said in mid 2004 that a strike on Iran would be bad for America and implicitly, American big business interests. Israel should never have to wait for a "green light" from Washington for anything - especially when her very survival is at stake. I pray that the strike happens very, very soon - and as dear brothers muman613 and yeshuadisciple have said - may HaShem bless and protect the pilots of the IAF in carrying out this life-saving, essential mission not just for Israel, but for Western civilization as a whole.

bush gave israel a "red light" when he didn't give them permission to cross Iraqi airspace.

Offline 4International

• JTFer in Exile
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »

bush gave israel a "red light" when he didn't give them permission to cross Iraqi airspace.

Shalom brother t_h_j,

now you know why we JTf'ers began to refer to him as George Wahabbi Bush!!

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »
This is why Israel should have done this years ago.  And why does Israel need permission to save its life?   And, yes, I know there are implications in doing it alone; but heaven's sakes, please tell me the alternative.   And it was also obvious to me and some close friends that if Israel had given up control of Gaza that this would have happened.  Sometimes, the handwriting is right there on the wall.  You just have to be able to see it.