Author Topic: Detroit’s unemployment rate is probably near 50 percent!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Detroit’s unemployment rate is probably near 50 percent!
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »
The Detroit News’ Mike Wilkinson has an eye-opening story on how unemployment rates generally under-report true joblessness — and specifically how this is happening in Michigan’s largest city.

The story points out that Detroit’s official unemployment rate of 27 percent (as of October) may be dramatically under-counting those without work in the economically-strapped city. The actual unemployment rate, when you factor in those who have given up looking for work or who have gone back to school following fruitless searching for work, could be as high as 45 percent.
Similarly, official joblessness stats don’t include early-retirees — those who want or need to continue to work but have fallen victim to corporate downsizing — or those who work part-time but would really prefer full-time work.

The story quotes Marc Levine, director of the Center for Economic Development at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, who has studied employment patterns in the Midwest.
                                                                                          Welcome to the Barack Hussein Osama style Country!

http://michiganmessenger.com/31983/detroits-unemployment-rate-is-probably-near-50-percent

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Detroit’s unemployment rate is probably near 50 percent!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
That won't be good for Wings ticket sales!  :laugh:

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
I think it's partly because Detroit is under some kind of affirmative action leadership where crime and vice is tolerated and the taxes are so high that it creates for an unfriendly business climate.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:31 AM »
I bet the prison is full though. maybe they can work in prison making clothes or something haha.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:52 AM »
Look at what Detroit style unions are doing to British Airways now:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/12/16/ba.strike.talks/index.html

They put their employers out of business and then complain about getting laid off.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 07:13:27 AM »
I've driven through Detroit a few times as part of business trips.  Even at freeway speeds, it cannot be described in words.  If you want to see photos, then there's the sadly accurate web site called 'the ruins of Detroit'.

My outlook on blacks reflects a comment from a source that I can no longer remember, and apparently similar to thoughts espoused by the likes of Albert Schweitzer:  'a race of people in need of permanent custodial care'.  Detroit is the living embodiment.