Author Topic: Why is the genocide of Serbs by the Ustashi during WWII neglected so much?  (Read 8290 times)

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
Re: Why is the genocide of Serbs by the Ustashi during WWII neglected so much?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »
It's something I've never understood. I realize there's a lot of controversy over the exact number of Serbs massacred with some (mostly Holocaust deniers) claiming as little as 70,000 while other estimate as much as 1.5 million. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum estimates that between 300 000-400 000 Serbs in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina were murdered. The Jasenovac Research Institute estimates that between 300,000 to 700,000 total Serbs, Jews and Gypsies were massacred in the Jasenovac concentration camp alone. Most historians, academics and researchers place the total death toll of Serbs at 300,000 to 500,000. 

I think you have already known about this website:

https://cp13.heritagewebdesign.com/~lituchy/victimlist.php

There are NO controversies, those fake "nations" can base their "history" upon "I think, I suppose, it might be possible (that...), there is a chance of(...),  it's mystery, it is unknown, supposedly" and the rest of "arguments" used by propagandists, we HAVE our history, despite of newly-made deniers who will claim everything that has been written for centuries as "Serbian Propaganda".

Of course, real numbers of victims, in every war, are not equal to estimated. Because of the so-called "brotherhood and unity" the ability of researching crimes was lowed, but that doesn't mean we can play with numbers.
The real number of victims is, for sure, bigger than estimated, but not enormously.
There is a HUGE difference between 70,000 and 1,500,000.
There were over 1,500,000 dead Yugoslavs, among them,  the majority were Serbs, for various reasons, because many other nationalities, together, fought them and also, because Serbs were the majority of Yugoslavs anyway.

The estimated number of victims, based on their names, in Jasenovac, as you can see above, is 600,154 souls (sum up by letters). This includes all nationalities, but the wast majority were Serbs.
This is Jasenovac, alone.
Therefore, no "analyst" who bases his "researches" upon "maybe, I think" and "It's a mystery" CAN NOT deny that.
Those people aren't just numbers, they have names!