Author Topic: OK, I am stupid  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
OK, I am stupid
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »
I am going to be embarrassed about asking this question. It's probably something very obvious right before my very eyes. But here is goes: how do you go the "parent" site, JTF.ORG, when you are on the forum? Before it was by clicking the logo at the very top that says JTF.ORG. Now it's no longer clickable. Go ahead, tell me I am blind or an idiot.  :crazy:

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: OK, I am stupid
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
Click on the JewAgainstObama.com.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »
It's under your avatar.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
Look for this right under your pic at the top of the page
News: Welcome to The JTF Forum - The Official Forum of The Jewish Task Force and JewsAgainstObama.com 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »
I am going to be embarrassed about asking this question. It's probably something very obvious right before my very eyes. But here is goes: how do you go the "parent" site, JTF.ORG, when you are on the forum? Before it was by clicking the logo at the very top that says JTF.ORG. Now it's no longer clickable. Go ahead, tell me I am blind or an idiot.  :crazy:

That kind of question is not stupid..

Sometimes the hardest thing is to find a button!

Sometimes when working with a computer the hardest thing is to get the box open!

To go to the homepage from the forum,

I just amend the URL in the address bar, but i'm fast!
click(in address bar),
click after .org,
shift+end(highlights from there to the end)
del,
enter

so click, click, shift+end, del, enter

It looks like other people have found the button though! (since jtf.org is the same place as http://jewsagainstobama.com/ , and the link to there is right above all those buttons. Right above these.
Home  Help  Search  User CP  My Messages  Chat    Members  Logout

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »

Sometimes when working with a computer the hardest thing is to get the box open!

click(in address bar),
click after .org,
del,
enter

It looks like other people have found the button though!

Actually getting the box open is not the biggest problem people have. Often times people forget to make sure the computer is plugged in before powering it on.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »
It was not a stupid question Masha.  Often things are hidden in plain sight. 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
I am going to be embarrassed about asking this question. It's probably something very obvious right before my very eyes. But here is goes: how do you go the "parent" site, JTF.ORG, when you are on the forum? Before it was by clicking the logo at the very top that says JTF.ORG. Now it's no longer clickable. Go ahead, tell me I am blind or an idiot. 

<snip>

Actually getting the box open is not the biggest problem people have. Often times people forget to make sure the computer is plugged in before powering it on.

muman, i'm not talking about people that are computer oafs.

I'm saying that even for technical people who know about computers , it's not always obvious how to get the case open. It's like a question of where a button is..finding it. Figuring out where the catch is.  It's not stupid to not be able to find it.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »

click(in address bar),
click after .org,
del,
enter

It looks like other people have found the button though!

What you still have to plug yours in? You should get one of the new ones that don't use electricity :laugh:
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »
After working over 20+ years in computer software I know for a fact there is no such thing as 'idiot proof'.

Every year they invent a new and improved idiot.

PS: I wasnt implying that UI issues are stupid. I know that many people, even engineers, often forget to makes sure that computer is plugged in before calling for support.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
After working over 20+ years in computer software I know for a fact there is no such thing as 'idiot proof'.

Every year they invent a new and improved idiot.

I'm not talking about idiots!

or people that are "computer stupid"

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
I am sorry if what I have been saying was not seen in the humorous light I intended.

I think the question was completely valid.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »
Speaking of idiots, a while back a colleague sent me something about a man calling a computer tech support line saying that his "cup holder" was broken.  This man used the CD-ROM drive to hold a cup of liquid, and it broke.  

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 07:27:27 PM »
Speaking of idiots, a while back a colleague sent me something about a man calling a computer tech support line saying that his "cup holder" was broken.  This man used the CD-ROM drive to hold a cup of liquid, and it broke.  

Deary me.. I guess some people here HAVEN'T heard that one!

Next you'll be bringing up the wordperfect blackout one..  People can google it.  I guess you haven't heard that one either!

These things aren't that much fun for people have to talk to these people. Any technical person has his share of stories.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
masha, q_q_ and muman613, you are doing the work of the site designer ;D

Yes, there is such concept as "user friendly interface"

If the interface is user-friendly, such elementary things as going to the homepage is obvious to everyone.

Indeed, why doesn't the forum section have the OBVIOUS link or button to the homepage?

P.S. I must admit that this is minor drawback. In general, the site looks fine and user-friendly ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:46:43 PM by Spectator »
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

If the interface is user-friendly, such elementary things as going to the homepage is obvious to anyone.

Indeed, why doesn't the forum section have the OBVIOUS link or button to the homepage?

P.S. I must admit that this is minor drawback. In general, the site looks fine and user-friendly ;D

Shlomo is the one who is the one who is responsible for the UI of JTF.

If there are legitimate UI issues they should be addressed. I would PM messages to Shlomo regarding the problems.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 07:55:55 PM »
It was a simple question that Masha asked. 

I see a mountain being made out of a molehill.

8;)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »

8;)

Don't worry, I know somebody that can take a mountain and turn it into a molehill. But I don't want to bother him about this! He deals with serious mountains.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »

8;)

Don't worry, I know somebody that can take a mountain and turn it into a molehill. But I don't want to bother him about this! He deals with serious mountains.
Exactly right q_q_!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 08:00:11 PM »

If the interface is user-friendly, such elementary things as going to the homepage is obvious to anyone.

Shlomo is the one who is the one who is responsible for the UI of JTF.

If there are legitimate UI issues they should be addressed. I would PM messages to Shlomo regarding the problems.

How much easer does it need to be just type in JTF.ORG in the browser and press enter. Shlomo does a great job why bother him with a silly problem like this
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 02:22:49 AM »
Thank you everyone!  ;D I knew  was blind.  :::D